Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

zTools Doesn't Contain NList.mcc (20.138) - Not Found On OS4Depot Found on GitHub
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm was looking for NList.mcc, version 20.138, but it wasn't on Aminet or OS4Depot.

I had to reinstall OS4.1 on my X5000 after something screwed up again. I don't know what happened to the zTools installer, but it is missing a mcc update that was necessary to run applications like FastView. I looked everywhere I could think of to try and locate this update, but alas, it is nowhere to be found. Only after visiting GitHub did I locate the installtion of the mcc file that zTools needed.

- GitHub Source

- Direct Package Version (20.121) Link

I checked the zTools installer, and there are only 3 files as illustrated below in this image, but none of which are the NList.mcc file that I am looking for:

Resized Image

I don't know where the file came from last time I installed, as I don't remember downloading it manually, but who knows. I assumed they updated the package to a newer version, assuming that the end user will have the update mcc library.

I'm just hoping that this will help someone if they are running into the same issue as I was.

Thanks guys!

Edited by m1nuto on 2017/11/16 20:13:35
-A1200 w/ Blizzard 1230 - 128MB FastRam
-X5000 1TB SSD HD - 16GB RAM
Go to top
Re: zTools Doesn't Contain NList.mcc (20.138) - Not Found On OS4Depot Found on GitHub
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@m1nuto

Welcome to our own version of DLL hell.

I'm guessing you originally had the latest MUI 5 installed, which should have NList included.

Could you try running AmiUpdate (Workbench => Update software...), and see if it updates MUI for you?

NOTE: I haven't actually checked if it's in there.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Re: zTools Doesn't Contain NList.mcc (20.138) - Not Found On OS4Depot Found on GitHub
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m1nuto

As you found, zTools Installer never installed nlist.mcc.

Did you simply tried the nlist.mcc from os4depot ?
It contains nlist.mcc 20.140

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... library/mui/mcc_nlist.lha

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans
I installed the latest MUI from AmiUpdate and it doesn't contain the NList files. However, I checked my X5000 OS4.x install CD and it contains nlist.mcc 20.140 & other up-to-date nlist files.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m1nuto
It would be very unusual for a program to require one specific version of an MUI MCC library. I think the requester means you need "at least" version 20.138 and the version at the "Direct Package Version" link you listed should work (v20.140). The Fastview requester should probably say: "Your NList.mcc (v20.121) must be at least version 20.138".

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

"Your NList.mcc (v20.121) must be at least version 20.138"
Yes, I (FastView) meant that.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
NList.mcc is a 3rd party class and not part of the standard MUI 3.8/3.9 distribution. I think later versions might include a wrapper that redirects NList calls to the updated features of the ListView class, but originally it was an alternative ListView that supported many features the standard MUI class did not. It is however a very popular class, used by many programs including YAM. If you installed YAM in the past, it may have been installed with it, since YAM has the ability to download updated classes itself.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you to everyone who replied; I wasn't really looking for a resolution, I had already found the file version I was looking for on the GitHub source. I just like to document any issues that I encounter and how the issue was resolved so if anyone else in the community encounters the same issue, they can quickly determine how to resolve the specific issue.

I did try the OS4Depot version of the NList.mcc, I couldn't get it to work with the zTools executables, but the most recent compilation found on GitHub does work with all of the executables found in zTools that require the NList.mcc.

Thanks!

-A1200 w/ Blizzard 1230 - 128MB FastRam
-X5000 1TB SSD HD - 16GB RAM
Go to top

Register To Post