Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Voyager source released under GPL
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
Well I can see two differences:

1) The SEC_TO_AMIGA_EPOCH value you are using in your code is lower than in mine.

Only by ten days.

Quote:
2) You are not converting the time to local time. AmigaDOS expects date stamps to always be in local time unlike other systems like Windows and Linux where these are stored as GMT.

Again, this would only be a few hours. The results I'm geting aren't even in the right year.

Quote:
However if it is as xenic reported that the dates are different each time the same archive is extracted then there clearly is a serious problem somewhere else in the code.

I've fixed that particular bug. The structure had changed and I hadn't noticed as the variable names were the same.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
A-ha! Turns out my original swapping of high and low LONGs was actually correct, it doesn't need any other bytes swapped.

It's ten days out so I'll use salass00's epoch value and then evaluate whether it needs timezone correction.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris
Thanks to you & salass00 for taking the time to uncover the problem and hopefully fix it.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic

Well, it's fixed but I'm going to try to merge in the latest LZMA changes before I release it.*

* which may well un-fix it again

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've decided against the LZMA changes beyond a minor update I'd apparently already merged, as they are more significant than expected and I can't be bothered with the fallout right now.

The version with fixed timestamps will be available from AmiUpdate tomorrow. (It will offer it today, but it's the old one still - didn't want to forget to change it )

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)