Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

What is Best Audio Player for Streams Like Soma.FM
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello again,

I've been really trying to get a good stream going. I've had no success at all with any of the URLs for streams at Soma.FM and Odyssey won't support the code for their online player :(

TuneNet is buggy as hell.. I can't get it to play the included radio streams half the time, and I bought the zTools from the AmiStore because it had an application included called aTunes, but no offense to the developer, but it isn't much of a feat of engineering. All it seems to be is a frontend for other audio players, and I can't even get it to recognize the playlist that TuneNet created even though it's an included client to use by proxy.

I though AmigaAMP might have web streaming support, no dice. I downloaded some alternate application that I thought states it will allow the playment of audio streams via the AmigaAMP, but nothing but meditation when I try to execute the application.

Maybe others have had better success with different hardware like the Pegasys or x1000, and I don't mean to rant, but for me on the x5000 most current release, TuneNet is truly buggy.

</rant>

-A1200 w/ Blizzard 1230 - 128MB FastRam
-X5000 1TB SSD HD - 16GB RAM
Go to top
Re: What is Best Audio Player for Streams Like Soma.FM
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think part of the issue seems to be that the audio controller is failing during playback. Maybe not all the glitches I'm experiencing are a direct result of the software itself, but something to do with the way that OS4 is direction audio traffic. I've found simple, reliable, CLI based applications that playback the audio, but then I'll be doing something on Odyssey and all of a sudden playback on the speakers stops yet the software continues to decode the audio.

Thinking of contacting Amiga on the Lake to see if they can send me that more reliable soundcard they mentioned. As much as the system was, you think that reliable hardware would have been shipped inside the unit as opposed to an afterthought. Oh well, guess I get to keep the originals, so free stuff is nice, even if you never will likely use it anywhere else :P

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I don't get it why you can't play the streaming from Soma.FM. Downloaded from http://somafm.com/metal/ the MP3 playlist file, opened it with AmigaAmp and Tunenet and worked just fine.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m1nuto

What version of TuneNet ??

It is rock stable.

Like walkero, I've downloaded http://somafm.com/metal.pls and opened it with TuneNet 2.7 (from Enhancer Software Pack), my ears are still bleeding but it works.

aTunes is what it is : a (great) playlist manager, I use it all the time and it recognizes everything I throw at it.

You must be all new to AmigaOS 4.1 since you try to discover everything at once.

Take your time to discover each software, how they work, read the documentation, and so on...

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@m1nuto

Which buggy as hell version of tunenet are you using?

The one from the OS, the one from enhancer?

Both work fine here.

To play the streams at sofa.fm go to the listen page.

Download one of the MP3 PLS files, save it to disk, and the add that to the playlist with the Open Media menu item. Tunenet should then parse the file and extract the playable stream

If you download with OWB it comes GZipped so you have to unpack it. (possible OWB bug as that should unpack itself)

If you download with Odyssey it should unpack as part of the normal download.

I did modify the latest TuneNet to handle .pls URLS (Open URL menu item) but this one doesn't appear to work so needs downloading seperatly. Older tunenets only handle .3mu urls or direct links to the mp3 stream.

All version handle #?.pls and #?.m3u when loaded from disk.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m1nuto
I D/L http://somafm.com/metal.pls and copied the first URL in the file. I selected "Open URL" in the Tunenet menu and pasted the URL in the Tunenet "Open URL" requester. As soon as I clicked "Open" in the requester I was forced to listen to some awful music but it works.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m1nuto
Quote:
Thinking of contacting Amiga on the Lake to see if they can send me that more reliable soundcard they mentioned. As much as the system was, you think that reliable hardware would have been shipped inside the unit as opposed to an afterthought. Oh well, guess I get to keep the originals, so free stuff is nice, even if you never will likely use it anywhere else

I had the same issues with the sound card supplied by "Amiga on the lake". You might want to read the "X5000 Proven to Work Hardware List" topic in the X5000 forum at the Hyperion forums. A working sound card will probably solve your issues so getting another one from AOTL or buying a known working one is probably your best course of action.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@m1nuto

I've tested the Enhancer version of Tunenet and also Amiga Amp using .pls files from that site.

No problems here.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Emotion also works.

http://ice1.somafm.com/thetrip-128-mp3

Pasted that into "Open Meda"

Cheers

P.S had to use that as I couldn't take any more testing with the metal chanel.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
In response to everyone, the issue is not the clients, I think at least 90% of the time. The issue is the soundcard. I have contacted Amiga on the Lake and hopefully they will ship me a working card soon. The fact that it worked at all, i thought the issue must be software related, and I can get audio to play on Soma if its the first audio that the system generates, but it fails shortly thereafter. I jumped to a conclusion without clearly looking at the issue.

What is the process in AmigaAMP to open a websteam? I manually created a playlist and got to open one, but whenever I try to use the GUI, it only prompts me to open files.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Don't try to play anything with Odyssey, it will crash other audio players such as TuneNet or AmigaAMP.

To open a webstream, download the pls file and load it with AmigaAMP.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top

Register To Post