Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SuperMethaneBros - 1P Fire Button (Right Alt) No Response - x5000 4.1 FE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good evening,

I got the SDL2 library installed and have been trying to play SuperMethaneBros_SDL2, but I can't get any reaction out of the Right Alt when I play the game. The fire works for 2P, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that OS4.1 is trying to use the Right Alt as the Amiga button... wondering if that may be why I am having the issue. Wish I knew how to switch the keyboard to use the Windows button as the Amiga button... Any ideas on how I might get everything up and running???

Thank you all in advance, and thank you all for your contributions to the community!

m1nut0

Go to top
Re: SuperMethaneBros - 1P Fire Button (Right Alt) No Response - x5000 4.1 FE
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@m1nuto Quote:
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that OS4.1 is trying to use the Right Alt as the Amiga button

So fix this issue, and then see if it helps your gaming issue

Which Amiga do you have? (And does it use UBoot?) Never mind, I see you mention an X5000 in the title. (Which does use UBoot.)

If you open a Shell, and enter the following command, what does it output (if anything) :
nvgetvar keymap_swapaltamiga

P.S. Does your keyboard have a Right "Menu" or "Windows" key, next to the Right Alt key? If not then it might be an idea to buy a keyboard which DOES have one. I recommend this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006W5ZY6W
(UK specific, and currently unavailable, but maybe you can find a suitable newer model, etc)

Edited by ChrisH on 2017/10/1 11:45:02
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/10/1 11:45:46
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I do have a keyboard with standard US layout, to the right of the spacebar you find Alt, right of Alt, Windows, right of Windows, Menu Key, right of that Ctrl.

When I run the command, there is no output. Any ideas?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@m1nuto
Try running this command:
nvsetvar keymap_swapaltamiga "on"

Then run this again, and see what it says:
nvgetvar keymap_swapaltamiga

If it displays something this time, then try hard resetting to see if they Alt & Amiga keys are swapped.

BUT if it doesn't display anything, then nvsetvar isn't supported on the X5000 (it doesn't work on the X1000), in which case you will need to find out how to set firmware variables from the firmware (i.e. before OS4 loads).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post