Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »
Re: Building Cross-Compiling adtools for Amiga OS4 PowerPC (ppc) with Cygwin/Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

in the makefile CC is set to gcc

@hans

tried --host=ppc-amigaos --build=ppc --target=ppc-amigaos

even the combinations of some of them... same result

Please have a look at the SDL2 configure output.

Retired
Go to top
Re: Building Cross-Compiling adtools for Amiga OS4 PowerPC (ppc) with Cygwin/Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Firstly could you change you CODE sections to QUOTES or manually wordwrap the quoted code sections as you are completly destroying the forum layout.

Quote:

@broadblues

in the makefile CC is set to gcc

Probably because

Quote:

checking for ppc-amigaos-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc

It would appear that ppc-amigaos-gcc is not present on your system, or more likely not in the PATH.

Quote:

tried --host=ppc-amigaos --build=ppc --target=ppc-amigaos

even the combinations of some of them... same result

--build should not be set to PPC but to whatever system you are building on.

But you see that ./configure works out build for itself in the first couple of lines.

Quote:

checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-amigaos

Make sure you know ehere the ppc-amigaos-* tools are and that you can execute them and build simple helloworld (transfer that to an amigaos machine to very it works).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

As broadblues said, your configure script isn't finding the cross-compiler. Did you add the following to your ~/.bashrc:
export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin

From stonecracker's instructions:
Quote:
export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin

(You probably want to use "nano ~/.bashrc" to add that export command to the end of your bashrc file so every boot/new shell will keep the path for you.)

If you don't do that, then you'll have to update the PATH to find your cross-compiler every time you restart your machine.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Yes, i have that line.

However, as explained previously,...

"ls -hal /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin"

gives me:

amidev@AmigaOne:~$ ls -hal /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin
ls: cannot access '/usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin': No such file or directory

So it seems that the executables never built.

But... if i type ppc-amigaos-gcc -v i get

Using built-in specs.COLLECT_GCC=ppc-amigaos-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER
=/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404/libexec/gcc/ppc-amigaos/5.4.0/lto-wrapper 
Target
ppc-amigaos 
Configured with
: /home/amidev/adtools/gcc/repo/configure --with-bugurl=https://github.com/sba1/adtools/issues --with-pkgversion='adtools build 5.4.0' --target=ppc-amigaos --prefix=/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404 --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-haifa --enable-sjlj-exceptions --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-tlsThread model: singlegcc version 5.4.0 (adtools build 5.4.0

Retired
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Sorry for destroying the layout. I tried to keep the original output of the screen.

Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter
try typing

whereis ppc-amigaos-gcc

what does it tell you?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

amidev@DESKTOP-C279FRF:~$ which ppc-amigaos-gcc
/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404/bin/ppc-amigaos-gcc

amidev@DESKTOP-C279FRF:~$ whereis ppc-amigaos-gcc
ppc-amigaos-gcc: /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404/bin/ppc-amigaos-gcc

Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Well that rather long and nasty pathname is in your PATH so not sure why configure can't see it.

Have you verified that you can compile a simple helloworld.c ? It could be that some dependency of ppc-amigaos-gcc is missing (ld as etc) and so it's failing rather than not being found.

Is there a config.log ? Check that for errors

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Here's a link for the config.log. It's rather long (165 KB).
Seems ok.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mqmqx ... qn157wqf/view?usp=sharing

Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Quote:

Seems ok.

Oh come on, please try a little harder on your own behalf, can you not see this near the top?

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH
: /usr/local/bin
PATH
: /usr/sbin
PATH
: /usr/bin
PATH
: /sbin
PATH
: /bin
PATH
: /snap/bin

That obviously doesn't include the cross compiler elements. I'm not sure why that should be though.

Perhaps you can insert an echo $PATH near the start of the ./configure script

then do

>echo $PATH
>./configure

and see if the paths as defined by the variable change.

You'd probably want to stop the script from running till the end with a CTRL-C or something.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

"Oh come on, please try a little harder on your own behalf, can you not see this near the top?"

"hat obviously doesn't include the cross compiler elements. I'm not sure why that should be though. "

Well, thank you.

The first installation worked. I even captured screenshots of all the steps, carefully observing all the procedure. Of course this is not related to SDL2, to --host, --build or --target.

This is my 16th or more installation.

thank you anyway

Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Could you try what broadblues suggests? Or, at least execute echo $PATH
Something's clearly weird about your setup, because you can execute ppc-amigaos-gcc, but the configure script clearly isn't finding it.

The configure script isn't even listing the directory ppc-amigaos-gcc is in as part of the path. It should be listing /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin as part of the PATH, but it's not.

EDIT: Thinking a bit further, did you add "export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin" to /etc/profile? Or to ~/.bashrc?

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Looking back throught posts, the path as represented by the the first few lines of the configure log, looks nothing like the path shown by PATH.

PATH:

Quote:

/home/amidev/bin
/home/amidev/.local/bin
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/sbin
/usr/bin
/sbin
/bin
/usr/games
/usr/local/games
/mnt/c/Windows/System32
/mnt/c/Windows
/mnt/c/Windows/System32/wbem
/mnt/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0
/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone
/mnt/c/TDM-GCC-32/bin
/mnt/c/Users/dc_am/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps
/snap/bin
/home/amidev/adtools/bin
/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404/bin

Config log
Quote:

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /snap/bin

Do you have more than one shell installed?

Eg I have both 'bash' and 'dash' installed on my looonix laptop with 'bash' being the one in use by the console and 'dash' being what 'sh' is linked to. Never having run cross compiler on that machine I don't know if that might make any difference

Try doing a

ls -l /bin/*sh

to see what shells might be present and which linked

See if

sh -c "echo $PATH"

differe from plain

echo $PATH

aslo

echo $0

will tell you which shell is running in your console (or if added to script which ran the script)

you could also try

sh ./configure

Quote:

This is my 16th or more installation.

What do you mean by that? 16th run of configure? You don't need to reinstall the SDL2 stuff just run

make realclean

to get rid of any junk for fresh reconfigure.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you both for the reply

@hans
the path is already showed @ post #80 http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=108632#forumpost108632

@broadblues

No, 16th time reinstalled the entire UWin, repeating all the steps of the instructions to ensure that i've followed carefully the instruction. I even captured the images during the installation (39 images) and created an install script (posted in the previous post), script that i don't use cause i want to follow step by step the installation.

Only one shell is installed.

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/11/20 14:13:23
Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2017/11/20 14:14:25
Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Your path has the following:
Quote:
/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone

Note the spaces in the middle. It's highly likely that the configure script gets confused by that. A space in my home path caused trouble when I was building the cross-compiler...

Try moving the Skype entry in your ENV/PATH to the end, so your cross-compiler's paths appear first. Or, try removing the Skype phone entry altogether.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Slightly different thoughts....try any or all of them.

1) It may be that you've got a dead/missing symlink in your /usr/local/amiga directory. As in, you might be missing the "/usr/local/amiga/adtools" symlink that some things rely upon in the build instructions. Start with confirming/creating the symlink. If it's not there, "sudo ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools"

2) I've still not tried to do the compilation of the SDL toolkit, but I wonder aloud what might happen if you replace just the UWin gcc executable in its normal /usr/bin/gcc location with a symlink from:

/usr/bin/gcc -> /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin/ppc-amigaos-gcc

Then:

gcc -v

If that gcc command actually now calls the ppc-amigaos-gcc executable, how does your SDL build behave?

3) Do you have another Windows PC? Or even a VirtualBox clean Windows image you could use to try with some clean slate?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecracker

Quote:
but I wonder aloud what might happen if you replace just the UWin gcc executable in its normal /usr/bin/gcc location with a symlink from:

/usr/bin/gcc -> /usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin/ppc-amigaos-gcc

You'd want to back up the existing gcc binary in /usr/bin/ before doing that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@stonecrackerQuote:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404 /usr/local/amiga/adtools

This symlink exists.

I created the symlink after creating the two directories:

/usr/local/amiga
/usr/local/amiga/adtools

and after "chowning" both for my user. Only after this i can create the symlink without an error. Then i set the export path, by executing it and by inserting it into bashrc file.

Retired
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello

If you only build for Amiga then remove (x86) gcc and let only ppc-amigaos-gcc renamed as gcc

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
You should only have to create /usr/local/amiga, and not any adtools directory inside that. Then, a directory symlink called "adtools" can be made there pointing to the original location.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »