Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Building Cross-Compiling adtools for Amiga OS4 PowerPC (ppc) with Cygwin/Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Just popping in
From Canada
Apologies, all, for being silent for a few weeks. This is an insanely busy time for me in all my businesses. None are retail/X-mas affected, per-se!

I'll readily / happily edit my instructions if an inadvertent/unnecessary "sudo" needs to be corrected somewhere.

Can someone let me know if/what changes I may need to make to the original post?

Report Go to top

Re: Building Cross-Compiling adtools for Amiga OS4 PowerPC (ppc) with Cygwin/Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Quite a regular
From Italy, Rome
@stonecracker

post #1 from stonecracker:

export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools/bin

DStastny @ post #6

export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin-20170623-404/bin
(which in my case should be: export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404/bin)

In my now working installation i have only this in bashrc:

export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin:/usr/local/amiga/adtools-ppc-uwin64-20170623-404/bin

Quite a regular
From Adelaide, Australia
@AmigaBlitter

With the symlink in place, export PATH=$PATH:~/adtools/bin is probably all you need. Although there's that rare occasion when a configure script can't find something in /SDK/local/newlib/bin even when you use --prefix, so that can be added too.

Report Go to top

Just popping in
From Canada
I _think_ the culprit was an unnecessary "sudo" or maybe a missing chown/chgrp command somewhere that caused some of the simple but irritating permissions problems?

This problem doesn't show up on Cygwin, as Cygwin doesn't have sudo or root users.

But UWin, it would/could be a problem. Can someone point me to where the problem might be in my originating post? I'm quickly reviewing that post, and just don't see where the problem might be...

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From France
@stonecracker

Thank you for your tutorial. installed on Cygwin64, all seems fine !

Report Go to top

Just popping in
From Canada
Glad to hear. I _think_ all is working fine with my instructions, as seen in the originating/but heavily edited, original post. UWin, and Cygwin. Unless someone tells me otherwise?

Report Go to top

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]