Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

xenic, more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

Enhancer sound.datatype pause/resume
Just popping in
From Bettendorf, IA, USA
if (!SoundPause)
{

IDataTypes->DoDTMethod(SoundObject,NULL,NULL,DTM_TRIGGER,NULL,STM_PAUSE,NULL);

SoundPause=TRUE;
}
else
{

IDataTypes->DoDTMethod(SoundObject,NULL,NULL,DTM_TRIGGER,NULL,STM_RESUME,NULL);

SoundPause=FALSE;
}

This code works, but when resume the audio is partially garbled. Almost like it is playing from 2 spots, just slightly off, at the same time.

sound.datatype 53.27, X5000.

Report Go to top

Re: Enhancer sound.datatype pause/resume
Just can't stay away
From Pennsylvania, USA
@mritter0
Quote:
This code works, but when resume the audio is partially garbled. Almost like it is playing from 2 spots, just slightly off, at the same time.

The problem could be in one of the sound datatypes (WAV, 8SVX, mpega etc). What type of sound are you playing?

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Pennsylvania, USA
@mritter0
I added your pause and resume code to a small playsound program. I added a small AmigaDOS Delay() before pausing the play and a small AmigaDOS Delay() before resuming sound play. I used a 5 second 8SVX vocal message and converted that message to RIFF-WAV for testing. I tested with the OS4FE 8SVX and WAV datatypes; then tested with the Enhancer WAV datatype. In all cases the Enhancer sound.datatype was used.

The OS4 8SVX and WAV datypes seemed to skip a fraction of a second of the sound when play was resumed but the sound played normally.

When I performed the same test with the Enhancer WAV datatype, the sound play resumed with the same garbling you described.

I can confirm the garbling problem with the Enhancer WAV datatype when the sound play is paused and then resumed.

Report Go to top

Just popping in
From Bettendorf, IA, USA
I was playing/testing with MP3s and WAVs from Enhancer Pack. Same garbled with both types.

Just can't stay away
From Pennsylvania, USA
@mritter0
As I mentioned in your "Change datatype volume" topic, when I switched to the OS4 sound.datatype, I wasn't getting any pause at all. I might retest all this tomorrow to see if I tested correctly.

Report Go to top

Just popping in
From Harrogate, UK
@xenic

Quote:
As I mentioned in your "Change datatype volume" topic, when I switched to the OS4 sound.datatype, I wasn't getting any pause at all. I might retest all this tomorrow to see if I tested correctly

I don't believe the OS data type supports anything other than play and stop, so you might never get it working.

I'll investigate the jitter. I got this early on in development, but thought I'd resolved it - I've not had any issue for a while, but that doesn't mean I've not just been lucky.

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Pennsylvania, USA
@sierratu
Quote:
I'll investigate the jitter. I got this early on in development, but thought I'd resolved it - I've not had any issue for a while, but that doesn't mean I've not just been lucky.

To me the sound play after a pause sounds like it started from 2 different points but that be what you refer to as 'jitter'.

Report Go to top

[Advanced Search]