Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
eNewsReader feedback
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Since I've now released eNewsReader, I've created this thread for people to provide feedback...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: eNewsReader feedback
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo
I'm responding to this post.

Quote:
Downloaded and its quite amazing program!!!

Quote:
Any intention to make it localizable (.catalog)?

I've never done that before, so hard to say whether I might do it. At the very least it would depend upon a lot of interest in eNewsReader (and me having the time of course).

Quote:
And maybe a minimal Project menu with Settings,Iconify,About,Quit will be handy.

What settings?
MUI windows already have an Iconify gadget
The main window already has a Close (quit) gadget

And there doesn't seem much more info I could including in an About window than is already in the main window's title bar

Quote:
Maybe some kind of newsbar (ala XNet-RSS has scrolling newstext) will be nice (or as a docky plugin)

I haven't used that myself, so I find it hard to imagine how it'd be useful when you have more than 1 or 2 feeds...

Quote:
I'll be glad to pay for it 5/10 EUROS as a small fee to use the "free/full" version.

Thanks for letting me know. I will be keeping a "score" of how many people are interested!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks! Great so far! Donation sent. :)

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni Quote:
Thanks! Great so far!

This is good to hear.

Quote:
Donation sent. :)

I'm a bit worried you say you've done that, because I am *not* currently selling eNewsReader . If yours was the PayPal donation I received, I have refunded it...

(I'm still waiting to see how many people are interested in eNewsReader, before I decide where/how to sell it, and at what price.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

The DONATION was just that. A recognition of your work so far.

You sent it back.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
I have replied privately.

Edited by ChrisH on 2017/5/2 13:41:21
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Looking good!
I will definitely save this binary and see if i can get used to launch it instead of the browser. Old habits die hard.

One thing that might be cool (atleast as long as there aint too may newsfeeds to read from) is to have it running iconified and get rhingiho notifications (or from a docky in amidock) when there is something new to read and then just click on the notification to have enewsreader to be uniconified.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
+1
Good idea.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

looks interesting but I actually enjoy running the rounds of various sites so this enewsreader might not be for me right now anyhow (need to get used to it) but I appreciate the work you've put into it and would gladly pay for the program once it's completed.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I find it very useful, it saves me lots of time going on various news sites.

And some sites are really slow to load with Odyssey (and full of ads). With eNewsReader, you go straight to the news :)

Would it be possible to click links (or having the possibility to copy/paste potions or the whole text) in the summary of news item ?

I'm with smf with his idea but it would implie an automatic check to update all items.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Very impressive work!

I'll purchase it.

It works nicely opening the item into Odyssey. Might be nice to separate
out the "News" gadget group into its own window, so it could coexist
using less screen space as a narrow list next to Odyssey on the same
screen. ie, act like a sidepanel to Odyssey.

Tom

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A little question regarding the addition of twitter to the database : for review purpose I created a twitter account and wanted to add it into eNewsReader but when adding the url I get a failed "failed to add the feed"

what I see is that the twitter url starts with https whereas the error message start with a http.
could it be that eNewsReader does not support https ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio
eNewsReader does support HTTPS but it is a bit of a hack, so it tries to use plain HTTP first.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

thx for the info but how do I add a twitter account then ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
bump (sorry)

adding a twitter account gave a failed message... (in the message you see that it tries to add the link http:// twitter.com/userid when the link starts with https://twitter.com/userid)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ok I found how to add someone on twitter to eNR : you have to convert the Twitter nickname to a RSS feed.

For this I went to https://www.twitrss.me/ then add the nickname and after import the url of the webpage into eNR. thats it !

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

I just discovered eNewsReader again this morning, and wow, this is a terrific RSS client! Thank you so much for such a useful AmigaOS tool.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
besides adding twitter account, I just discover that I can import youtube channels and use smtube to view them (instead of viewing them in a web browser) !
impressive really... thanks Chris and too bad it did not have the success it deserves !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio

mmhh, could you explain HowTo? Seems quite usefull.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo

well it is explained in the doc :

6.2. Can I directly view YouTube videos?
If you've exported your YouTube subscriptions (as an OPML file) to eNewsReader, you would probably find it handy to be able to watch videos without having to open them in a klunky Amiga web browser first! You can do this if Prefs/URL is configured correctly.

If you have SMTube installed (and working), then you only need to open Prefs/URL, and under the HTTPS tab add the following line:

SMTube APPDIR:SMTube  "*"%s*""

Then when you click on "Open link", it will ask you which tool to use. You should click on SMTube. SMTube will then start, and should show the video as the only search result (which you can then click to watch).

It is also possible to set-up Prefs/URL to use "YT.rexx" (which actually works better than SMTube), but at the moment it's a bit fiddly to set it up. Once v1.5 of YT is released, it should be much easier - I will then update this section with suitable instructions.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »