Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Aleph One
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I saw a comment on OS4Depot but couldn't reply it due to captcha. Yes, I'm a bot.

So here is my response:

Alephone seems to be still in development and apparently they use SDL2. Maybe the AmigaOS 4 port could be refreshed.

(it just needs time and motivation)

https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon

Go to top
Re: Aleph One
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill Quote:
I saw a comment on OS4Depot but couldn't reply it due to captcha. Yes, I'm a bot.

I've had major trouble with OS4Depot's Captcha too. IIRC, it seems to treats upper & lower case as different, making it virtually impossible to answer correctly.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Aleph One is a fucking real good game!!! Enjoy yourselves this Mac user port because I mean is playable at all.

Did it on my Amiga One

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It is a really good game! I am really grateful of the port. My question on OS4depot was about HW gfx support. Will it come?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Just FYI, the captcha on OS4Depot is case insensitive.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Got AlephOne SDL2 version running. OpenGL acceleration has currently issue that need debugging. First there was a MiniGL ISI crash when using display lists. I didn't debug MiniGL this time but just worked around the issue. There is still some issue with textures left.

On the plus side, AlephOne exposed a couple of bugs in the SDL2 port, one crash and one that looks palette/alpha-related. Also when using the AlephOne "SW" rendering, it's still possible to choose OpenGL or Compositing for scaling. Compositing version is playable fast on Sam440. There is some issue again in OpenGL scaler, drawing is too slow, similar to StarFighter. This would need some MiniGL debugging again.

Well, anyway, still lot of work to do, a new SDL2 version to be released and so on.

https://github.com/capehill/alephone

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Capehill

Great news!
I will watch closely. Thank you :)

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Capehill

I try " marathon infinity" with Aleph One and get an error about not enought memory.

Someone has tried ?

Virginio

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Finally, a new port is released: http://capehill.kapsi.fi/

Remember that you need also data files: https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/alephone/releases

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If you get a black screen (and exit by giving ctrl-c at shell / to process), change scmode_accel, in the preferences file, to 0. It is the default, but we all know about defaults.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill

Were you able to corner the SDL2/MiniGL bugs and fix them in the corresponding sources?

Do we get a new SDL2 release soon?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It doesn't work for me. I've got sdl2 and I've put the Marathon files in directories like instructed to. It opens a script and nothing happens besides a dsi. The log shows just the one line about directories which I created and distributed the data files accordingly.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Which bug you refer to?

If you refer to http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3830 , I don't think it's SDL issue, compositing setting being the only difference between "fast" and "slow".

New SDL2 version will be released after 2.0.6 release.

Tickets #4 and #5 depend on available MiniGL/Warp3D features.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Srtest

Give me the crashlog, please.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Srtest

I use a default stack setting of 128 KB. For test, I reduced stack to 64 KB and got a DSI, kind of expected. So, if you have a small stack, raise it to 128 KB at least (in Prefs/DOS and Prefs/Workbench).

I will add a stack cookie for the next release.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thematic

I cannot reproduce your problem. I unpacked Marathon 1 data zip, copied binary over and played. Default is pure SW rendering which is slowish. I will investigate if SW/compositing could be the default setting.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Works for me.

Good work capehill.

I set the stack to 128000

Sam440ep mini.

Retired
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
If I launch it from Workbench, setting the icon to launch from Shell and even with stack size of 512000, it crashes. But if I launch it from a real Shell window then no crash and it works (stack size 512000).

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Capehill The long version is that I tried to activate compositing and chose "OpenGL shader", which didn't work. I imagined that could happen to others. While the settings are XML, I did miss this the first tries and tried with changing another thing.

I did notice a minor thing in the console, the program catches that a method doesn't work, but the "on-the-fly" changing of output (2 -> 0) didn't work.

minigl 2.21

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TSK

I think there is something wrong with the icon if stack setting didn't work. My stack setting in Prefs/WB is 128KB and it works ok, I don't have an icon at the moment. AlephOne as a game doesn't of course try to read anything from possible icon, that would be done by the OS.

(I have already added a stack cookie and all this nonsense will go away once I get a new release done.)

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »