Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 94

kishigo, K-L, Firetail, emeck, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Making IBrowse v2.4 great again - errrmmmmm - I mean - a bit more usable today...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Related to the recent release of AmiSSL 4.0 for AmigaOS 3.x/4.x, I stumbled across an instruction on how to enable TLS in IBrowse v2.4 and making it a bit more usable today by that.

Regarding the m68k version of AmiSSL 4.0, there was a news item at amiga-news.de on Feb 8th. At the end of this news item there is an 'editor's note':

editor's note: Those who are really still occasionally using IBrowse to surf the web should enable TLS to improve IBrowse's compatibility with encrypted websites significantly - even without AmiSSL-4-support.

Clicking on the "enable TLS"-link led me to an old news item of Feb 2016, where the original message of the IBrowse-development-team with an instruction on how to enable TLS in IBrowse v2.4 was linked.

Unfortunately I missed the news last year - and so I have not tested it up to now (And yes, I'm one of those infamous users "who are really still occasionally using IBrowse to surf the web").

Maybe this is now covered in AmiSSL 4.0 - but just in case it is not, I'd like to share this info with you on how to make IBrowse nevertheless access "https -sites"...

Ciao,
Dandy
-----------------------------------------------------------
If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him.
He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him!
(...
Go to top
Re: Making IBrowse v2.4 great again - errrmmmmm - I mean - a bit more usable today...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Dandy

Good post Amiga and Ibrowse rules

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Making IBrowse v2.4 great again - errrmmmmm - I mean - a bit more usable today...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I mean that IBrowse is one of the best browsers forever.If not take period over this.

Enjoy your Amigas!!!

Be happy!!

And dream about the Metal and Amiga revolution!!!

Stay calm

Yeah

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
In the Ibrowse YAHOO maillist

Oliver Roberts posted this regarding IBrowse 2.5 on 08/02/2015

"Lots of work still to do, but at least I am now in a position to do it
again. I imagine Stefan will pretty much leave release matters mostly
up to me, so nothing too much to worry about there."

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Actually, I posted that message last week - not 2 years ago .

The SSL/TLS fix for IBrowse 2.4 is still relevant because it is limited to using AmiSSL v3.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Futaura
Yes the date should have been 2017
Suppose I am living in th past too much
Using an Ipad doesn't help much in avoiding typo's

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@JosDuchIt

The IBrowse team is working hard and Imean doing the things the best way they can.We must not be skeptics to the eye.Just sure the will dekliver all that what it acomplishes.Must go on.

IBrowse 2.4 is a charm on my Amiga One that is an X-5000 and they are all doing well Stefan Burstroem and all the guys working well in this issues.

I hope they implement AmiSSL and hopefully HTML5 and that's all

Hope a good day and good work of the IBrowse team.

Thank you!!!

IBrowse rulesssss!!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

It was a while since I tried IBrowse, but my god how increadibly fast it is!! It's just instant!! Odyssey really crawls in comparison. X1000.

Too bad it doesn't support CSS/HTML5, but then again it would probably be just as slow...

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post