Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 62

TheMagicSN, cloverskull, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »
Re: vpdf ? vpdf!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version:
- added stack cookie (no needs to worry anymore about stack)
- mark+copy to clipboard now works.
- removed annoing debug-output from console
- added italian catalog

There is:
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/vpdf/vpdf_beta_02.lha

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Very well done.

Like xenic, I didn't noticed speed improvment between vpdf and AmiPDF (Hyperion and AEon one) but to have outline is very cool !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

There is a bug if you try to open 2 (or more) PDF files simultaneously .. for example open a file from menu and then drag another file into VPDF

Here is what happens:

https://s30.postimg.org/4cyrm6i9d/vpdf.png

By the way it seems i used an old VPDF.cd to generate my catalog, i now picked the new one from the latest source and updated my catalog again .. new translation here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=35263983574437873962

Put the .cd file included into the main "catalogs" directory so others can found it easily

P.S.
Translation still incomplete .. not so important for now but maybe later you might complete it

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thank you! Works really fast here on my sam460, much faster than AmiPDF while scrolling and zooming and overall performance!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I tried to print a pdf but it doesn`t work.Maybe it is not implemented

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommy
I didn't have printer to test, but at least i see that when i choice print, it spawn me printer setting's window:

Resized Image

And when i press print, it want PS: assign (so postscript):
Resized Image

Did you have poscript installed and worked ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
The next and prev buttons don't work anymore
A first & last button much wanted.
File requester electing for #?.pdf files would be nice too.

Thanks for your efforts

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Nice.

Came across one issue, I opened the same PDF in two tabs and the second tab page was blank, not only did the PDF not display but gadgets were missing and the tab close image got lost.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@JosDuchit
Quote:

The next and prev buttons don't work anymore

Probably you confused them with next/prev for pages, while it is done for search (and they stay together with search field because of that). I.e. you do search something, and pressing "next" will jump on word you search, not page swapping. But at moment that functionality (i mean search itself) don't work, need invistigate why.

Quote:

A first & last button much wanted.

Gui changes probably should be addressed to Kiero itself, as i want to stay port be 1:1 as possible (so easy to backport new versions later).

Quote:

File requester electing for #?.pdf files would be nice too.

You mean have #?.pdf pattern in asl requester by default when we do "open files" ?

@broadblues
Quote:

Came across one issue, I opened the same PDF in two tabs and the second tab page was blank, not only did the PDF not display but gadgets were missing and the tab close image got lost.

Yep, noticed that too, hope will be fixed soon. In meantime you can cheat it like this : do "new tab" in menu, and then "open file" in.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Noice. Is the bounty for this still alive? People could contribute some money to it.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Nah, that not need it :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
When pressing printer preferences here comes an requester
asking for MOSSYS:.
When copy and paste german "umlauts" are messed up.

Speedwise i tested a while and it seems it is a minimal faster then AmiPDF.

I like it much :D

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TearsOfMe
Quote:

When pressing printer preferences here comes an requester
asking for MOSSYS:.

fixed

Quote:

When copy and paste german "umlauts" are messed up.

That because originally vpdf use charsets.library which is part of morphos, so if i want utf8 and co i ned to use codesets.library. Currently i just paste raw stuff as it marker to clipboard, without conversion.

Edited by kas1e on 2017/1/4 12:53:33
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version:

- fixed almost all problems with tabs: d&d when there is already one tab, open file via menu when there is already a tab, and recent file (which in turn opening the same another tab). Through closing of whole app when just trying to close single tab still todo.

- run correct os4's printer preferences instead of original morphos's one
when PS mark ticked : sys:prefs/PrinterPS
wnen PS mark unticked: sys:prefs/Printer

- added #?.pdf pattern in asqlrequester when do open/save file. Is it need it at all ?

There is:
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/vpdf/vpdf_beta_03.lha

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
I tested beta3 and it's working fine for the most part.
Some issues:

Opening a new PDF after one is already loaded puts the new file in a new tab. I was expecting the new PDF to replace the first one in the same tab. If the user is going to read multiple PDF files in a row, having to many tabs could get out of hand (10 tabs?). Either Vpdf should replace the PDF in the active tab with the newly selected PDF when you use the "Project/Open File..." menu item or there should be a new menu item like "Replace FIle" or "Open Replace" or something similar.

Unless you can have VPDF open a file in the active tab (replace), we really need the ability to close tabs without closing the entire program.

So far I say good work!

EDIT: When I opened multiple PDF files (5 or more) the last tab overwrites the window border. Maybe that's an MUI issue but take a look.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Mmm why if i have 2 tabs opened (and i close the second one) the entire program will be closed ?
If not a bug Is it possible to change this behaviour ?

Btw in beta 3 you forget to include my updated catalog

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=35263983574437873962

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

Mmm why if i have 2 tabs opened (and i close the second one) the entire program will be closed ?
If not a bug Is it possible to change this behaviour ?

Because only amiga ?:) Samo common, you was a good tester, and now can't deal with stack at first place and didn't read whole topic ?:)Don't be too fast with answers, reread all the crap before and retest everything twice or 3 times :)

Of course it is bug. You may reread my post #34 first as well as first (post #20) Xenic's answer too where he report about. It will be fixed in MUI itself (tomorrow's nigtly builds probably)

Quote:

Btw in beta 3 you forget to include my updated catalog

I don't forget. I skip it at moment, as for first catalogs it is not something which very important at moment, and for second, you yourself said it is not finished. Tell me when you will finish it fully, and i will include it. Or what you mean by "Translation still incomplete .. not so important for now but maybe later you might complete it" ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e

Really great work. I tried the latest beta and I saw that if you have two pdfs open in tabs and you close the second tab, then the program totally closes, although it should leave the first tab open.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Walkero
Yeah, as i wrote to Samo, it was reported by Xenic in post #20, then answered by me in post #34 that its todo, and then in post #37 that it will be fixed in MUI itself, probably in tomorrow's builds.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Because only amiga ?:) Samo common, you was a good tester, and now can't deal with stack at first place and didn't read whole topic ?:)Don't be too fast with answers, reread all the crap before and retest everything twice or 3 times :)

Ah, yep you right .. it's because i had little time you see ))

Quote:
Of course it is bug. You may reread my post #34 first as well as first (post #20) Xenic's answer too where he report about. It will be fixed in MUI itself (tomorrow's nigtly builds probably)

Ok very good

Quote:
I don't forget. I skip it at moment, as for first catalogs it is not something which very important at moment, and for second, you yourself said it is not finished. Tell me when you will finish it fully, and i will include it.

No it's the .cd that it's not finished as not all strings still there, but my work on the .ct file was so you can include it .. but you can also include that .cd from my archive because it still indeed more completed compared to the old one ..

And mmm now i'm going to read decently the whole thread

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »