Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 »
Re: vpdf ? vpdf!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
Quote:

Vpdf needs a more recent MUI Build (MUI5, r5633).

Yes, as there was fixes in mui which make vpdf works as need it. I added check on mui as that is minimum which is necessary for make vpdf works as intendent.

Quote:

And average users do not have it.

If you release it, many users will complain about that (and I have the latest stable release release installed) since without it, a requester pops up.

And what is solution are then ? Don't release it ?:) Or remove requester popup so it will works buggy, and users will scream that aos4 port works bad ?:)

There always will be those ones who do not want to update anything. If you have an idea how to deal with it better, feel free to suggest of course.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
1. Is your crash reproducable with beta7 ?

Apparently no more, i still retried a couple of time and i wasn't able to reproduce it again .. probably it was solved in beta 7 ?
Still to say that i have too little time to do heavy test ..

Quote:
2. If your crash reproducable with beta7, is it reproducable when you have missing "n" only, or in any case ? (remember: ! do tests after hard reboots !)

No i don't think they are related at all, they seems to be 2 different issues (if there are any)

Quote:
3. What your mui version on which you did your tests.

The latest of both ...
I have the latest version of VPDF and latest nightly of MUI5 --> 21.40 svn r5722

Quote:
Also, something wrong with your mui still. You seems didn't update it sinse few days. There, when i choice in ListTree "normal", i have in right "+" image, and in down "-" image. I also for test purposes setuped DejaVu Sand/18 too.

Mmm right, but i also have the latest nightly but setting "Normal" doesn't show any image here, see:

https://s28.postimg.org/enr1viixp/mui5.png

As i side note in your grab i saw that you set "6" as a space while instead i had "5" .. so i played a little with that setting and i discover that i can see the whole text just by set "2" as a space ... all the other values will hide the last letter in treeview, strange ...

Definitively it look like a problem of space rathen than a bug, however considering that we both set the same bigger font i really can't understand why we have a different visualization result ...

Just a though, as a final test try to test it in italian language

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Imho you need to forward your findings about missing characters to Thore (as they depend on mui settings), maybe he will help us out with it. And on your screenshot you still missing those default images ! quite strange ..

Sadly i can't reproduce it here :( For me those missing images was the same as for you, then, after sets of "reset to default" and some test-debug-vesions from Thore, they appears back, and i was think it is fixed in latest mui, but seems there is something settings related still.

edit: tried with spacing, with different font, with different styles: still images here all the time, and still can't make missing "n".. Will try with "Italian" language now, but i have the same issue in mui before with my default (english) language too.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Check plz, if you have in your SYS:MUI/Images/default_OS4/ Listtree1.mi1 and Listtree2.mi1 ? Did they looks like images ?

I seems to find a way, how to reproduce your missing "n" character, and that indeed happens only when mui can't by some reassons load Listtree1.mi1 and Listtree2.mi1. Then, in some states because of missing images, it seems overwrite some buffer, and then "n" missing.

Through strange , why those 2 images didn't loads for you by default ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e,
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
And average users do not have it.

If you release it, many users will complain about that (and I have the latest stable release release installed) since without it, a requester pops up.

And what is solution are then ? Don't release it ?:) Or remove requester popup so it will works buggy, and users will scream that aos4 port works bad ?:)

There always will be those ones who do not want to update anything. If you have an idea how to deal with it better, feel free to suggest of course.

I think you must put the requester with a message like
"with MUI version older then XXX vpdf may not work correctly"
and add a possibility to continue or close it.
This way the user can choose wich action to do

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Imho you need to forward your findings about missing characters to Thore (as they depend on mui settings), maybe he will help us out with it.

In Dopus5 we had a similar problem with character truncation. OS4 TextFit() function was returning incorrect length for our purposes. We fixed it by increasing the length returned by TextFit() by 1 like this:
data->menu_list[which].item_width++;

I don't know if the OS4 TextFit() function still produces the same length results but if MUI is using TextFit() to determine the space needed for some text, that could be a problem. It might be worth investigating.

EDIT: According to samo the problem is resolved so ignore this post.

Edited by xenic on 2017/1/21 17:39:10
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes i have those images .. but i solved the issue now
Just by select "reset to default" in listree and then restart MUI .. for some reason the images was never loaded even if i had updated MUI normally :-/

I tried all styles and now images are always here, and no more cutted text!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Regarding MUI, is VPDF working with the latest officiel MUI release (Rc3) ? This is the one I have.

Or will there be a RC4 release of MUI which will make VPDF work without any problem ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
Regarding MUI, is VPDF working with the latest officiel MUI release (Rc3) ? This is the one I have.

No, you should install a recent nightly build version or just wait until the next MUI5 2017-R1 will be released (31 March 2017)

Nightly can be found here: http://muidev.de/downloads

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

Yes i have those images .. but i solved the issue now
Just by select "reset to default" in listree and then restart MUI .. for some reason the images was never loaded even if i had updated MUI normally :-/

I tried all styles and now images are always here, and no more cutted text!

That still strange. I have the same issue by default some time ago. And now you also have it , but sorted. Question is : how it reproduce now and report to Thore, so, he can make that default will be always working, without needs to do reset to defaults (as default mean default, and should be there by default:) ). I tried fully reinstall back to R2, to R3, and can't reproduce that default-no-listtreee-image-bug :(

Can you now, after reset-to-default, somehow reproduce that bug with non-loaded images in listtree again so we can report it to Thore with all the info ?

@K-L
Quote:

Nope, Thore fixed some things in mui after RC3, so VPDF now works as should. Without that fix, there was problems with TABS, and problems real ones, which you can't just throw at user's faces :) Better to give them request to update.

Quote:

Or will there be a RC4 release of MUI which will make VPDF work without any problem ?

Yes, in RC4 it will works without problems, but there is few problems:
1. RC4 will out in marth 31, so 2 months of waiting
2. And even after RC4 will out, half of users will not update it. So i anyway forced to bring MUI warning and force them to update.

@pvanni
Quote:

I think you must put the requester with a message like
"with MUI version older then XXX vpdf may not work correctly"
and add a possibility to continue or close it.
This way the user can choose wich action to do

If i will give possibility to continue on the old mui, then they will have real problems and bugs with tabs and will report it like "hey, its buggy port!", and i will have needs again and again explain that they should update mui to the latest one :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

So you'll have to tell those who want to use Vpdf to install a recent build (nightly) of MUI.

Do not forget to include this in the readme since not all Amigans read Amigans.net

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Calm down boys. The release of MUI 5.0 2017R1 has just been preponed to January 31st. So there is no need to wait two more month for an official release for those who are affraid to use the nightly builds.

But I must second Roman. Sometimes one really has to force people to upgrade to a new version, otherwise they will continue to use the old versions and more sooner than later they will complain again about already fixed bugs. And since most users are not able to tell whether a bug is caused by component A or component B they will most probably blame the obvious but wrong component. A simple version check against known bugs like Roman did in VPDF is much better than having to deal with invalid bug reports over and over again.

Why stop it now, just when I am hating it?

Thore Böckelmann
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I almost forgot. The "missing character" bug is fixed now. It was as old as MUI 3.8 (or maybe even older). But of course it looked like a bug of VPDF on the first sight.

Why stop it now, just when I am hating it?

Thore Böckelmann
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thore : of course we all must be up to date but average user will be up to date when official releases are... released.

Not everyone want to be betatester and use nightly builds

@Kas1e : you should wait for the official releases at the end of the month to release Vpdf, this will force Amigans to upgrade their MUI to the latest official release and prevent them to ask "why it doesn't work ??"

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tboeckel

Well done !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
Yep, 1 week is not 2 months :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just tried the os4depot release version and have found a serious problem or 2.

The page counter gets lost above 33 pages and drops back to 1, obviously this effect jumping around in documents but also makes thye wrong page be loaded when you use the minimise border button (probably (un)iconify as well

second smaller bug is that in paged mode scrolling of the bottom of one page automatically scrolls 1 place on the next page so you have to scroll up every page to read the start.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
The only mode which is correctly count page counter is the "single page" mode, all other 3 have problems with. I notice it from begining, and that probably are original bugs, but will be good if some morphos user can confirm that. But i will try to fix them as well

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice port! Works very fast also on complex PDFs.

I just leafed through my latest MSDN mag (yes, I have to work with MS tech at work :-X), and each page is rendered in a few seconds, some in 1-2, some in 5, but still vastly faster than in AmiPDF.

I tried recreating the two bugs mentioned by Severin above, but it doesn't seem to happen here. I paged all the way through 78 pages without a glitch. And every page is positioned the same within the window.

I do wish there was some more navigation control, e.g. menu items and buttons for first/last/prev/next page, and support for PgUp/PgDn, for example.

Edit: BTW, the behaviour when selecting and copying text is a bit strange. At least in this two-column document. I tried marking a paragraph in the right column and copy it. Both columns are marked with black simultaneously, and the black block starts too early and ends too early. There is also drawn a red outline, which seems to be more correctly placed, and only in the right column. But the copied text follows the black block marking and mixes content from both columns.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
All I got to say is a big thank you! This is offcourse meant to the developer as well, mostly to him but either way I'm positively supriced by this software! It's very nice and worked really well when I tried it. Fast and looks really good.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 »