Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X5000 Dual Monitors?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Can the X5000 do dual monitors?

Go to top
Re: X5000 Dual Monitors?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mritter0

If you have x Graphicscards in your Amiga, then You can connect the same number of monitors.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The video card has 2 outputs, DVI and HDMI. I would like to do double wide Workbench, 3840x1080. Possible?

Once you go multi-monitors you never want to go back to one.

Workbench Explorer - A better way to browse drawers
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mritter0

no, you cannot have a single screen span more than one display. and while the X1000 does support multiple displays, it's not just the OS but the firmware that also needs to support more than one display card.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I am not speaking about the X5000 at all because I don't have one and don't know what the limitations and capabilities are.

But to further clarify how multiple monitors work in the Amiga world.... it's not like it is with Windows/Mac/Linux on other systems.

One of my X1000 systems has two graphics cards to support two monitors simultaneously. An Amiga screen can be on each -- as in Workbench on one display and, say, a DOpus or other application screen on the other display. I can switch the mouse pointer between the displays and of course see them both at the same time. But I cannot have one double-wide screen stretch across two displays. I can do screendragging on each monitor if that display has multiple screens assigned to it.

It's good and it's bad. For sure, it's different.

And the system does NOT support dual displays using only one card.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ah yes, the ol' different screen resolution/size issue. Understand.

@mbrantley:

I am looking to do software development. It is nice to have your text editor on 1 monitor, and your project and other windows on the 2nd. Now flipping of windows, can have max size, etc.

So if I had my text editor open on it's own screen on the 2nd monitor, how do you switch back and forth to WB? Just drag mouse over or use a commodity?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mritter0

You can use Amiga-N and Amiga-M keyboard shortcuts to move from screen to screen as always, or the depth gadgets at top right of screens.

Or find a utility that allows mouse to move directly from edge of one display to the other. I was trying out one before from Severin. Sev, are you listening? Is that something you released?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

If I were to buy an X5000 and 2 video cards, would I be good to go? As you said, the OS and firmware need to support the ability.

@mbrantley

How do you get the screens to the second monitor? Are the positions remembered? As in, always open TextEditorScreen on monitor 2, Workbench on monitor 1, XYZ screen on 2, etc.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mritter0

Any system-friendly program that lets you select screen name or screenmode can be set to open on display/screen of your choice. The names of the modes are prefaced by "Board 0" or "Board 1" if you have two cards.

Even some old software that is not RTG aware can be forced to open where you want using a mode promotion utility.

Go to top

Register To Post