Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Netsurf & BookmarkToolbar
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
just a quick question, im trying put my usually links (5) into the bookmark toolbar in Netsurf so they are visible all the time.

when setting up these five bookmarks, then i save it for next time, i try both save setting & save settings in the settings windows and i snapshot it too, doing it many times, just to be sure.
but on restarting the bookmark bar is gone and so are any trace of having visit them.

if i repeat, and quit Netsurf and then start it up again, everything is working as it should, but not after restart.

i almost know what it is, but im not sure, i feel it is not saving setting to env or something, how to fix this.

thanks you

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Re: Netsurf & BookmarkToolbar
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Sounds like it's saving to env but not envarc:.
Check the file in envarc isn't write or delete protected.

forget that, doesn't use env...

check in the user drawer and that all files have the w & d bits set, especially 'choices'.

edit: AND the drawers they're in as well.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

i checked and i have the user folder with those files, when i checked information with each files they where all checked on at the protection, but not archive, this was off:
i see read,write and delete was on. should i uncheck write then?

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@noXLar

No unchecking write will make the problem worse, amiga protection bits are: H P S A R W E D

H = Hidden, not shown by things that support it, eg. workbench

P = Pure, means the program has been compiled so it can be made resident (throwback to floppy times)

S = Script, I'm a script, treat me like one big boy

A = Archived, is set by backup software

R = Readable, If this isn't set DOS CAN NOT READ the file contents

W = Writeable, If this isn't set the file CAN NOT be written to, eg. config files would not be updated.

E = Executable, Run me baby...

D = Deleteable. Turn this OFF to stop files being deleted but they can still be changed.

Quote:
when i checked information with each files they where all checked on at the protection

Ok. a little hint... Don't use information for that sort of job, just open the window and switch to text mode (ramiga-2) and it will show you all the protection bits at once, ramiga-1 to return to icon mode.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
H = Hidden, not shown by things that support it, eg. workbench

That's may be true for OS3 but for OS4 the H bit means "Hold". If you set the H bit for a 'pure' AmigaDOS command, the command will be made 'resident' the first time it's executed. Reference: SYS:C/Protect.doc

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic

It's not even true for OS3.

@noXLar

The toolbar is saved as part of the hotlist on exit. Ensure you are actually quitting (use Project->Quit), as there is an option to keep NetSurf running when all windows are closed.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

nice explanation. thanks for the help, i let you know if i managed to do it right:)

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

i'm very sure i allways quit program like that.. but i will do some more testing

thanks

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

I stand corrected! I'm still working with stuff I learnt 30 years ago on my A1000, the old deep stuff does seem to bubble up to the surface occasionaly.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris
How about adding a "Save Hotlist" item to the "Settings" menu. That should make it clear that saving the settings is seperate from saving the Hotlist.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

I get round the wholer hotlist thing by having my own as an HTML page that I have on a button on every browser I use.

It takes a little more effort than having a different list in each browser using it's internal methods but then I only have 1 file to update to get it added to all browsers.

As I outrageously stole images and html code from AW my hotlist comes framed like amiga windows.

So dig out your keybaord and a plain ascii editor and write (er... steal) some html and roll your own

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
I get round the wholer hotlist thing by having my own as an HTML page that I have on a button on every browser I use.

I've done something similar by making my Odyssey hotlist (which is an HTML file) the home page for all my browsers. The downside is that I can only use Odyssey (or IBrowse) to add items to the hotlist. However, it should be possible to borrow some code from Odyssey sources to create a seperate program that could add to and edit the hotlist.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
How about adding a "Save Hotlist" item to the "Settings" menu. That should make it clear that saving the settings is seperate from saving the Hotlist.

Yes, good idea!

btw, the NetSurf Hotlist is just an HTML file too.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris
Quote:
btw, the NetSurf Hotlist is just an HTML file too.

True, but the NetSurf Hotlist uses a different format/method than IBrowse & Odyssey. The NetSurf Hotlist uses seperate headings to determine where the URL will be displayed (menu, toolbar etc.) while Odyssey adds identifiers to the URL to determine where it will be displayed. It uses some IBrowse Identifiers lilke "IBHLFLAGS="NOMENU" for no menu display and it's own identifiers like "OWBQUICKLINK=" for toolbar display. It would be nice if the Netsurf format were the same as Odyssey but it would probably create problems with backward compatability and conflicts with the main Netsurf code base.

Go to top

Register To Post