Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Odysseylauncher
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni Quote:
This surprises me, as Odyssey starts in under three seconds on my X1000.

Well, yes, but most things are quick on an X1000 ! (Although some Amigans might grimace at calling "3 seconds" quick...) I was referring to my Sam440 experiences. I presume similar slowness on other lower-end Amigas, since OdysseyLauncher exists

@Severin Quote:
IBrowse and Netsurf don't allow multiple copies.

OK, thanks for mentioning this. I had not tested it myself. Do they send a message to the already-running copy, telling it to open the URL it was given?

edit: Are you SURE about this for NetSurf? I tested i with v3.6 (beta), and the second copy opened a Splash window & then crashed :(

Edited by ChrisH on 2016/7/1 12:47:55
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH,ddni
And you of course can setup Odyssey not to be running more that one times if you need to. Through i do not remember for now name of settings for and if they in the odyssey itself or in mui, but you can do that for sure.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
Using the first port it finds is never a good idea, you should use the highest port number. For example, a second copy has been started because the first has crashed or locked up etc. so pumping new files and the dead version won't do a lot.

There are probably a number of scenarios where the user won't get what was expected. If you open 2 copies of Odyssey, close the first one and then reopen it, the last copy opened would be the one with the Odyssey.1 port. When a major app like Odyssey crashes, I reboot because my system is likely to become unstable.

Quote:
I was just pointing out the odyssey port problems as IBrowse and Netsurf don't allow multiple copies
I just opened IBrowse twice and got 2 IBrowse windows; the first was on my Internet screen and the second on Workbench. Unlike Odyssey, the windows are numbered in the toolbar ( with [1], [2] etc.).

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

And you of course can setup Odyssey not to be running more that one times if you need to. Through i do not remember for now name of settings for and if they in the odyssey itself or in mui, but you can do that for sure.

I couldn't find that setting anywhere but that doesn't mean it's not there. Since you are reading this topic, could you add a port number in the Odyssey toolbar for the next release?? Currently is has "Odyssey:" followed by a description of the currently displayed URL. It could be changed to "Odyssey.1:", "Odyssey.2:" etc.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

I just ran netsurf 3 times and got 3 splash screens but each new window left the titlebar of the existing window visible and sysmon reports only one arexx port.

Ibrowse just opens a new tab when I run it again and only shows one arexx port but it could be because I'm using a different version or some setting I forgot about years ago.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Quote:
and sysmon reports only one arexx port.

Ports has to have unique names, or else program fails to create the port, on mplayer, I simply add a number to port name, if it fails increment number and try again.

But real problem is that MPlayerGUI, only think there can be one mplayer port open, so it does solve anything.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)