Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 65

TheMagicSN, smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ultra fast Amiga on your phone or tablet!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Resized Image

We're proud to present ultra fast AmiKit app for Android. Run Amiga on your phone or tablet - now with JIT and Touchscreen support. The fine-tuned compilation of more than 350 Amiga programs is now waiting for you to explore on your mobile device!

Purchase for 0€ or more from www.amikit.amiga.sk Thank you. Enjoy!
(Desktop version for Windows, Mac and Linux is also available for free as well as portable USB edition)

REQUIREMENTS
- Android 4.2+ device with ARM7 CPU
- Amiga Operating System (v3.5 or 3.9 or XL or Amiga Forever)
- Amiga Kickstart ROM 3.1 file (also included with Amiga Forever or AF Essentials available on Google Play)
- Install instructions (a single page)

SCREENSHOTS:

Resized Image
AmiKit desktop (Directory Opus 5.82 Magellan)

Resized Image
WookieChat

Resized Image
Directory Opus 4!

Resized Image
Emulator settings Note that sound doesn't work correctly in P96 modes yet.

CREDITS

The application is based on uae4arm by TomB. Android port by Lyubomyr Lisen. AmiKit project is designed and maintained by Jan Zahurancik. Visual design, icons and other graphics by Kenneth E. Lester, Jr.

WHAT IS AMIKIT?

AmiKit is a free project, powered by enthusiasm, that turns your computer, phone or tablet into legendary Amiga. It includes more than 350 of the finest applications.
More info at http://amikit.amiga.sk/ (HTML5 browser required, works also on phone or tablets)
You can also get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter or Support Forum.

Go to top
Re: Ultra fast Amiga on your phone or tablet!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tried it on my droidbox, works fine apart from a few input problems.

I'm using a real mouse so have 2 pointers visible on screen, left clicking the mouse results in the amigamouse jumping diagonally up and left about 4 times it's length. flipping to another app and returning changes the relative position of the two mice.

So overall unusable with a real mouse at the moment until the android mouse pointer is disabled and the amiga mouse pointer stops jumping.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Thanks for the comment.

The default settings are set to touchscreen control.

If you want use a mouse instead, make the following changes:

1) when the app starts, click the "Change device configuration" button, then Mouse emulation -> Advanced features -> and enable Relative mouse movement (laptop mode)

2) then launch the emulation and press Back button to invoke Settings. Click Input and disable Mousehack.

Does it help?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
ok, I turned on laptop mode, set the next two options to fast and disabled mousehack.

Now the either mouse doesn't move at all unless I hold down the left mouse button or it can't keep up with the real mouse, it randomly changes which behaviour after each quit and restart, mostly no mouse movement.

Edit: Changing it to move mouse with joystick/trackball works better.

messing with input prefs makes things far worse. setting the mouse to fast and turning on acceleration makes the mouse jump a quarter of the screen when the left mouse button is clicked.

Setting the mouse speed to minimum with acceleration on and I have to have the pointer at the bottom right hand corner of the double click delay slider to activate the medium speed icon and when I do select it then the mouse jumps even further and selects the popupmenu prefs icon. This is with windows in their default positions on a 1280x720 screen.

Edit2: Turned mousehack back on and it's better the mouse almost keeps up but it's still got the jumping problem. pity there isn't an option to disable the amiga mouse altogether and just use the android mouse.

Edited by Severin on 2016/5/23 1:20:36
Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks again, Severin. I will forward the info to developer.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Was wondering if AmiKit would or could be made to work on a Chromebook, been thinking about buying one.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sundown

Better wait for ALICE http://bit.ly/ALICE-news

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks for the all the hard work guys, got it working on my GalaxyTab3... eventually
It didn't pickup amigaforever nor did it pick up OS3.5 or OS3.9 but it did find XL and installed without a hitch, very nice
Good job I had all 4 os's

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
CDTV!!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swisso

Raoul, enjoy!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
UPDATE

Greetings, true believers! Today we are bringing an update to the ultra fast AmiKit app for Android. It makes your Amiga experience on phone or tablet even better!

The app is now faster thanks to improved JIT performance. A new transparent keyboard has been added too, together with numerous tweaks and improvements here and there. The sound works better in P96 modes now. Oh, and do you remember the audio delays in some games & demos? They are history now

DOWNLOAD

The 1.8.0.03 update is delivered automatically to everyone who purchased the app via Google Play Store http://bit.ly/AmiKit-Android

Those who purchased it for 0€ or more (thank you!) via our website, grab the new app from http://amikit.amiga.sk again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Tried latest version on my droidbox and have yet another problem.

I can not drag a window with it's titlebar. single and double clicks work, dragging a lasso works.

mouse emulation is set to none.

The other problem I had with the jumping mouse pointer is fixed by turning off tv borders but still have the android and amiga pointers. can the android pointer be disabled if a mouse is connected?

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Thanks! I will consult it with the app developer.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Another bit if testing and some clarification, it's only some windows I can not drag (dopus5), I tried YAM and they drag with no problems.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiKit

Very cool!

But what use is having AmigaOS on the phone, apart from the cool/geek factor? :)

How does it handle the phone being in standby mode, like if you have f.ex. AmIRC or AmigaAMP running? Does it run the CPU at 100% like the desktop version IIRC, draining the battery, or does it freeze AmigaOS, or run in some kind of low-power mode?

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post