Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: X-Dock help
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio

Use the "Add dock app..." command from X-Dock's main menu.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Lio

If you add them as an icon then Dock Apps will do nothing and just their icon will be added to the Dock.

You should instead add them as a Dock App in X Dock Prefs and they will then operate as Dock Apps inside X Dock. There is an icon “Add Dock App” underneath the Listbrowser and a requestor opens in the DockApp directory so you can select the Dock Apps to run.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio

about mixer.dockapp:
- Supports SBLive/SBAudigy (emu10kx), FM801, SB128, CMI8738, CS4281, Envy24HT (Aureon 5.1, M-Audio Revolution 5.1), Solo-1 (ES1969) chips, SAM460 (SM502), VIA686B (A1-XE/PEG2) onboard sound when you have the AC'97 codec onboard and X1000 (IDT92HD700/hdaudio.audio by Lyle Hazelwood (and Alex Carmona).

Sorry but no X5000 audio (built-in) support AFAIK.

If you add datetime.dockapp as dockapp and doesn't work for you, you can PM and will try to help.

TiA

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ok thanks all I got it, but this was not obvious at first sight ! having used AmiDock for a decade where you just drop whatever in it and it just works made me think something was wrong with X-Dock.

I am not sure the X-5000 has built in audio at all... anyway I have an Envy24 soundcard but Mixer appdock does not seem to control the master volume (at least not when streaming radiostation in Tunenet).

One problem I have is when you move up or down an appdock, I always get this annoying "warning cant load/read xml settings (error: 0x00008000" message.
How do I get rid of this ?

Another thing I would like to do is to the change the fonts (and color) of the datetime.app which is too big, making the dock really stretched and ugly compared to the other dockapp present in the dock. I did not see anything regarding changing fonts in the readme.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
'I am not sure the X-5000 has built in audio at all...'

It does not has onboard audio. Its shipped with a PCI soundcard mostly. Mine came with a Soundblaster live but has been replaced with an Envy at the moment.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
now I am getting this error message "warning cant load/read xml settings error: 0x00008000" each time I issue a reset...
and as said before each time I move a dockapp in the X-Dock prefs.

very annoying... how do I get rid of that ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio

If it's amiganews.dockapp, it fails downloading the news, it can be a a temporary server failure or some summary news uses "strange characters", will look at it ASAP.

If it's datetime.dockapp, the just edit reminders and save (even if none entered).
The font issue, it's on my ToDo list of changes to let user change font.
Can you post a screengrab of your datetime look? TiA

About mixer.dockapp, if Mixer (os4depot) works for you then dockapp (and [ami]docky) should work too, as they share same audio control source.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jabirulo

Quote:
If it's amiganews.dockapp ...

If it's datetime.dockapp ...

About mixer.dockapp ...
Sounds like it might be a good idea to include the name of the dockapp or the xml file in the error message to avoid having to guess like this?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo

the culprit is datetime.dockapp and saving the timeprefs does not change the behavior, the error message regarding the missing xml is still there after each reboot and each time I change the dockapp position in the X-Dock settings (button prefs)

here is how the dock looks like : https://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/ ... 68124662650/34297fig1.jpg

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio

No don't open/save TimePrefs.
Just open REMINDERS window (context menu in datetime.dockapp) and it should open a window to add/remove reminders, just click on save. It will create an "empty" datetime.dockapp.xml file.

Ok thx for grab, will add font support ASAP.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache
Must check if in requester's window title it shows dockapp name and if not add it to next version. TiA

EDIT: checked. It should show dockapp name in req window title.

Edited by jabirulo on 2019/1/3 12:43:39
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio
Another thing I would like to do is to the change the fonts (and color) of the datetime.app which is too big, making the dock really stretched and ugly compared to the other dockapp present in the dock. I did not see anything regarding changing fonts in the readme.

DateTime.dockapp update:
Just added a new tooltype (ONLYDATETIME) to get rid of weekday string, now going to add user font support.

http://jabirulo.site90.com/temp/datetime01.jpg

Edited by jabirulo on 2019/1/5 11:08:25
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo

Nice thank you...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
BTW is there a way to open a partition from X-Dock when it is hidden in WB prefs ? I tried before with AmiDock and did not work, same for X-Dock.

I even try with WBRun but as long as the partition icon is hidden, nothing works to open it (on the WB screen).
The reason I want to do that is that I put my partitions icons in dock so that I only need a single clic to open them but since they exist in the dock and on the WB screen I have to hide them behind the dock (otherwise it looks ugly) and that means the dock can not be 100% transparent.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

As an alternative, you can use Filer or any other soft to open the hidden volumes.

Filer Hidden_Volume:

Regards,

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ Petrol : yes sure but thats not I would like to do.

I found a nasty bug in X-Dock : in the buttons prefs, if you move an item to fast you trigger a complete freeze of the system.

another thing I found is that in horizontal orientation, the dragbar is/could be round whereas in vertical orientation it is squarred and the option to have it round is greyed. why is that ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

Quote:

@ Petrol : yes sure but thats not I would like to do.

I found a nasty bug in X-Dock : in the buttons prefs, if you move an item to fast you trigger a complete freeze of the system.

The button prefs crash is already fixed. (I hope)

Quote:

another thing I found is that in horizontal orientation, the dragbar is/could be round whereas in vertical orientation it is squarred and the option to have it round is greyed. why is that ?

Rounded is only should only be disabled if the dock is not transparent. Transparency is required to render the rounded corner. If you want an opache dock with rounded corners, then enable transparancy but set it to 255.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Although I have enhancer 1.4 and enjoy some aspects of it (Candi), I never did get into using X Dock. Maybe if I saw some videos of XDock in action it could entice me as of the benefits of using it over Amidock.

Anyone have any videos on YouTube that shows XDock in action?

TJ

AmigaOne Tabor
AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

thanks for fixing the bug and also for solving the edge problem (indeed transparency was unchecked).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)