Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Manipilating svg files (notably with svg2dr2d )
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Using http://fooplot.com/ i created a graph presenting a number of functions.

You can save them as a .svg file.

I wouild like to manipulate that output a bit more
I did adding color to different functions.Loading the file in the browser shiws the colors.

It seems however that i can't grab that output, i succeeded once with Sgrab, but rather systematically nothing is shown of the svg graph.
Can i manipulate that file so that SGrab can get hold of it?

I downloaded svg2dr2d joping that i could transform the file in an.off document but that did net work either. A file is created, it is not empty but a blak square is shown
Same question can i manipulate the file so that svg2drd can transfrom it properly?

You can find the file here
http://users.online.be/AD//SpglGrfC.svg

Go to top
Re: Manipilating svg files (notably with svg2dr2d )
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@JosDuchIt

I converted it using NetSurf (same code as svg2dr2d but potentially more up-to-date). Given the mess MetaView makes of it when loaded, I think you've found a bug in my DR2D export routine :( (it crashes my DR2D datatype as well)

This may well be why you can't load it up to edit it.

Don't know why SGrab isn't working though, I've never known it to ever fail to capture any parts of the screen.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris
Thanks for the suggestion
As to SGRab I did find a second on line tool where the usefull. graph is rendered as blank when you grab it.
I am surprised too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@JosDuchIt

The file opened in MultiViewer here on my x1k, without issue (using svg.datatype) and I could grab it , however on my SAM simplehtml.datatype got to it first.. so it simple displayed a row of numbers...

Curiously on a second attempt to load the same file it crashes in svg.datatype on th x1k.

Curiouser still I can reopen the same SVG as many times as I like inside MVer (by adding multiple coppies to the filelist) but as soon as I try an open a copy n a seperate instance of MVer the datatype crashes.

Edited by broadblues on 2016/4/28 16:32:13
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I also can get smoother display by simple dropping the file on an open Odyssey window, and the SGrabbing.

[edit]
I tweeked the svg by hand to optimise the size (view box was way biger than the content)

Upped the graph stroke to 2 to make smoother curve

Here is the result as displayed in odyssey

Resized Image

http://www.broad.ology.org.uk/SpglGrfC.svg

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Thanks for the weaked file. I was annoyed of having ttomuch white space around the picture, Solved :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Weird... I examined the DR2D file and can't see anything obviously wrong with it (except various ATTR chunks not being NULLed, but that's not causing the problem). Moreover there don't appear to be any bezier curves in it, yet the gridlines appear to be being interpreted as bezier.

Anybody have any ideas? Files, screenshots, etc are here: http://bugs.netsurf-browser.org/mantis/view.php?id=2449

Go to top

Register To Post