Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

AmigaSociety, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: New stuff from the French guys
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks guys

Edit: Also thanks for the pictures, you were quite many there

Btw, what exactly is the X-Dock?

Edited by Marko on 2016/4/4 3:02:33
Edited by Marko on 2016/4/4 3:03:05
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eliyahu
Quote:

Looks like a fun event.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Marko

Quote:

Btw, what exactly is the X-Dock?

A commercial replacement for yet another OS part formerly known as AmiDock.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Yes X-Dock is a program docking application but it's not an AmiDock replacement because, AFAIK, X-Dock does not support dockies.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What's been very impressive for me was the Nova demo "live".
It's been much more interesting than the youtube sample as we could have explanations, comments and changes of point of view to show details of the rendering, as the light shines on the edges and the lighting from the mouse.
Crisot explained that could be obtained without shaders but with a lot of work and no promise of a nice result.

And the rendering is faultless, no glitch, no lag, smooth. That looks perfectly serious.

This project deserves some Opengl/ES 2.0 training investment from my part as it will bring much recent 3D capabilities to OS4 and this knowledge will be reusable in "real life" (I mean smartphone and tablet software development).

Thanks to A-Eon and Hans to deliver this great step forward.
(My HD7970 does agree)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello,

Sorry for this long answer but I've only slept 8 hours since the beginning of the event (friday evening) and I wanted to have some reste today.

Here some answer, hoping I won't forget anything :

At the moment, FinalBurnAlpha uses OpenGL 1.0 for its rendering (when using OpenGL filter) and this is done via MiniGL. Regarding FBA, Iv'e added a new filter names BezelFX which give the impression of being in an arcade cabinet. It's been a lot of work to adpat them for FBA

Regarding speed, I'm using AltiVec (on G4/PA6-T) to speed up memcopy fonctions, which give a boost of 6-8% but I was give som advice during the Amigaterties and I think I'll be able to gain a little bit more.

In the future, I'll try to use Warp3D NOVA for rendering since shaders will allow me to add new effects and filters overlays (eg scanlines eating less cpu). Of course, older filters will still be present.

Regarding Sne9x and its GUI, I'll add new supported Roms in the future and will also use Warp3D NOVA for rendering using shaders.

As I explained this week-end during the event, NOVA is huge improvement and Hans has produce a great product that will work on Sam460 and X1000 providing they are using a supported Radeon HD (I'm using theses systems to code). I applause publicly all the work done by A-Eon and Hans because I think this work deserbes to be highlighted since it will allow our systems to get further.

In my personal view, it will take time to adapt to this new environment and be able to make good projects leveraging that power.

On my side, I'll take the time to become accostumed to thi new environment and use Warp3D NOVA for my future projects giving them new enhancements.

Thanks again to A-Eon, who made this clever choice and for allowing us to see a brighter future regarding 3D.

Amiga french Team Power
FinalBurn Alpha new effect bezelFX
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Edited by HunoPPC on 2016/4/4 17:03:58
AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thread

My pictures : http://amiga-ng.org/resources/Amigateries2016/

And Huno's picture with our names :

Resized Image

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Hey! :)

Nova looks like a cool stuff :) The demos were perfect to explain people the interest of shaders: Vertex shaders for things like transformations, pixel shaders for pixel per pixel lighting, with all those glossy reflects, mirror effects, etc... :) Very nice.

It's the smoothest thing I've ever seen on Amiga, with a perfect tearing free screen, and not even a single frame skipped.

This "basic" demo logo is the most advanced 3D stuff we ever have. And it's only a few % of what we can achieve/port with Nova and so powerful cards. :)

Huno was able to port some OpenGL ES 2.0 functions quickly. With an unlimited support of GPU capabilities, having a real OpenGL may be "easy enough". Much more than having to rewrite everything (like MiniGL was).

It as been said a lot, but I also hope someone will be able to give Nova to our old Radeons. Shaders are more limited, but sufficient to get rid of all Warp3D/MiniGL limitations and make really good and fast port of older games. And I'll also be happy to do real "Radeon class" engine.

I will also have a look at PEX8112 adapter for my XE...

Thank you :)

AmigaOne XE --- 7455A@1.4Ghz --- Radeon 9000 Pro --- RAM 2GB --- SSD 40GB
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

I knew Crisot would reply to you by himself. Now done
Quote:
Looks like a fun event.

It's always like this. Consider getting the plane and visit us next time

Quote:
What were the "interesting explanations?"

Nothing in details. Just explaining that Nova does not look like W3D. It's a different beast and quite a nice one.
It will need some work from developers.

@All

Here are new photos from people and 3 videos:
http://pferrucci.perso.sfr.fr/Amigateries/

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
thanks to all! the ftp server is a must have! now i can share everything with everything/everyone inside my lan! configured in less than one minute! now is up and running! thank you!

now downloading snes 9x!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks guys.

@Olrick
Quote:
What's been very impressive for me was the Nova demo "live".
It's been much more interesting than the youtube sample as we could have explanations, comments and changes of point of view to show details of the rendering, as the light shines on the edges and the lighting from the mouse.
Crisot explained that could be obtained without shaders but with a lot of work and no promise of a nice result.

Yes, Crisot knows how to do dot3 bump mapping with OpenGL 1 and Warp3D. It works, but has limitations. IIRC, you can't do specular highlights properly with dot3 bump mapping, and the light vector has to be calculated on the CPU per-vertex. You'd definitely struggle to replicate the per-pixel lighting in that demo using dot3 lighting.

@HunoPPC
Quote:

In my personal view, it will take time to adapt to this new environment and be able to make good projects leveraging that power.

Agreed. The OpenGL ES 2.0 wrapper will help, but switching to shaders does take getting used to. Plus, programmable shaders provides so many options. Fortunately, there are plenty of shader techniques published out there to draw from.

@Crisot
Quote:
Nova looks like a cool stuff :) The demos were perfect to explain people the interest of shaders: Vertex shaders for things like transformations, pixel shaders for pixel per pixel lighting, with all those glossy reflects, mirror effects, etc... :) Very nice.

Thanks.

Quote:
It as been said a lot, but I also hope someone will be able to give Nova to our old Radeons. Shaders are more limited, but sufficient to get rid of all Warp3D/MiniGL limitations and make really good and fast port of older games. And I'll also be happy to do real "Radeon class" engine.

The R2xx GPU's shader capabilities are really limited, though, so the compiler would be a challenge. Only really simple shaders are likely to work with it.

Still, if someone wants to give it a shot, then that would be awesome.

If someone is interested, then have a look at the R200 MESA code. Specifically:
- atifragshader.c
- atifragshader.h
- r200_fragshader.c
- r200_vertprog.c
- r200_vertprog.h

I personally think that an R300 (Radeon 9500-9800) driver would be much more viable. Its shader capabilities are much better (albeit still with certain restrictions). I've been told that a few select models will work with the A1-XE and the 2D driver does support them. (link). However, you do need to be careful, and find one that supports AGP 2x voltages.

Quote:
I will also have a look at PEX8112 adapter for my XE...

Does your A1-XE have the "DMA fix"? If so, then please be aware that the DMA fix causes lockups with graphics cards in one of the PCI slots. In theory, it would work with a graphics card in the 66 MHz PCI slot, but UBoot doesn't check behind the bridge if you plug it in there (and you can't use that slot and the AGP slot at the same time).

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre
Quote:
thanks to all! the ftp server is a must have! now i can share everything with everything/everyone inside my lan! configured in less than one minute! now is up and running! thank you!

I totally missed that. I'll have to try that out some time, because I gave up on Samba for file sharing. My current Amiga<=>PC transfer method is a USB stick plugged into my KVM switch.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Snes9X is working fine on my OS4 machine, thank you!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel & trixie

Quote:

Quote:
Yes X-Dock is a program docking application but it's not an AmiDock replacement because, AFAIK, X-Dock does not support dockies.

Okey it's a docky, but what's the difference to a normal docky?

Edited by Marko on 2016/4/6 1:50:53
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Marko

Quote:
Okey it's a docky, but what's the difference to a normal docky?

X-Dock is not a docky, it's a docking application.

A docking application, or a program dock, provides a place (typically, an icon strip) to launch programs from.

A docky is a module that runs inside a docking application (like AmiDock) as a plugin or a "mini-application".

One of the differences between AmiDock and X-Dock is that the latter does not support dockies.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any idea why I can not run any games of Snes9x.
When I select any available games my system will go under heavy load (cpu 100%, no freezing) I cant hear or see anything.
I have X1000 with RadeoHD 7750 and Warp3D RadeonHD Southern Islands

Anyway, thank you, great job!!!

\o/....X1000....\o/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Breed

Juste read the Readme about naming the zip files.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

Thanks!

Totally my bad, RTFM error.....

Go to top