Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »
Re: AmigaDeveloper.com Team Progress Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@JosDuchIt

You have two options:

If you upgrade you graphics card to a new Oland/Southern Islands chipset, then the Standard or Plus edition is the best option.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the same graphics card, then go for the lower cost Enhancer Software Special Edition.

Hope this helps.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The news item says that Warp3D Nova features have been increased. Can someone elaborate?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi

Here is a snippet of the change log:

Version 1.34 - 2016/11/23
- W3DN_SI: Added shader compiler support for integer arithmetic
- W3DN_SI: Misc bug fixes
- DDK: Added unit tests for integer arithmetic
- DDK: Added tests for other shader instructions (eg., any, all, etc.)

Version 1.33 - 2016/11/07
- BindVertexAttribArray() AttribNum and arrayIdx parameters were round the
wrong way in the HelloTriangle example. FIXED
- GPU detection was broken when 2 GPUs were present (caused some of the examples
to fail on the second GPU). FIXED
- W3DNTag_Screen was missing from autodocs. FIXED
- Added the ability to change line widths
- Added polygon offset support
- Could double-close drivers on exit if multiple GPUs were present. FIXED
- W3DN_SI: Accessing structure elements was broken. FIXED
- DDK: Added unit tests for the new functionality, and updated the skeleton driver

Version 1.32 - 2016/09/16
- W3DN_SI: Reduced the overhead in the VBO/DBO locking/unlocking functions
(get ~10.8% performance increase over version 1.29 with the OpenGL ES
boingball test on an A1-X1000)

Version 1.31 - 2016/09/16
- W3DN_SI: Added support for more texture formats (e.g., 16-bit and
floating-point textures)
- W3DN_SI: Shader compiler crashed if something like gl_FragColor.g += 0.5 was
encountered. FIXED
- DDK: Added tests for the new texture formats

Version 1.30 - 2016/09/02
- Added more queries to ShaderGetObjectInfo() to extract shader variable type
information
- W3DN_SI: Implemented the new ShaderGetObjectInfo() queries
- DDK: Additional tests for the new functionality

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit
I write that on aw.net, but that maybe was missed : is there changelog for all updated comonents ? It is must. For example, i fail to see what was changed, updated or fixed in Tunenet and in AmiPDF. That necessary to know, because without, users can't know what new features to check and what to expect from new versions.

Back in past it was big problem to annoy Hypeion so they will post changelogs, now they do it, hope you will do too at least later :)

In meanwhile, if you can, post plz there what was changed exactly in tunenet and amipdf, thanks :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

A lot of our change logs contain sensitive internal information referring to the source code.

However, the TuneNet changes are here (enjoy!):

Quote:

TuneNet:
Remove all the CHILD_MinHeight,20 from the various slider bars gadgets, this allows correct display with any font size.
add missing #include <gadgets/sliderbar.h> and remove #include <proto/sliderbar.h> as not needed when using OpenClass() and the file seems to be missing anyway....
MP3CAST Plugin:
There was broken line of debug printing code that caused a crash when falling back to the ID3V1 TAG in an mp3.
-Fixed : French catalog
Extra space in Prefs/Radio slider
http://amigadeveloper.com/bugreports/view.php?id=112
* Added Spanish catalog + translation crédits Javier De Las Rivas
Commit missing build tools drawer
* Updated : German catalog (TommySammy)
* Replaced Slider.gadget by fixed AEon SliderBar.gadget
Refactor Tune Info Text to use a better formatting style, similar to that used in the About window.
Clean up some debug code.
Bump version date to 11.10.2016
Quick fix all translation to build by removing the MSG_TUNE_INFO_TEXT.
Update Italian translation with current.
Add missing CD Audio strings.
TN_MP3CAST now reads ID3 comments correctly.
Add missing AskCD string to catalog descriptor.
Bump Catalog version to 2.6
Bump TuneNet rev to 2.6
The TN_MP3CAST.tnplug was scanning for ID3 image data one "Element" to early and so once the trival bug of searching for TRAC rather than TRCK had been fixed the track number was taken as a bogus image, causing acrash when imported inot TuneNet proper.
BumpRev of TN_MP3CAST to 1.22
Remove INFOWINDOW_SUPPORT and PROGRESSBAR_SUPPORT and test the class varaiables directly, simpler, and less easy to make a mistake if code needs to be refactored again in the future.
Rework the Tune Information window code, to build the infoText string piece by pice to allow easier localisation and later expansion without breaking existing catalogs.
Add Track number and full Filename to the info displayed.
Explictly add extern Class *SpaceClass to new_about.cpp as it builds for me but not for zzd10h
Move all library opening and closing into OpenLibraries() and CloseLibraries() and lib failing to Open will write an error report to the console.
Add OBJ_BUTSTRIP to OBJects enum to hold the address of the ButtonStrip.
Modify AppMsgHook so that when sogs are dropped on the button strip the first added will start playing. Directories will still be just added to the list and not played, exactly the same as dropping on the icon.
The SPLFindFileByName() method of the playlist was using the default connection to navigate the list, but this had not been setup correctly at the point it was called to activate the last_tune feature. In any event it should have been using a temporary connection.
Fixing this reenables the play last active song when saving the default playlist is set in the prefs file.
Set all SelectGadget animation settings back to default to allow the user to set this via the global Select.Prefs file if they like the animated opening feature.
Some work towards cleaning up the GUI code, which uses about avery style you can think of all at once!
All classes now opened and closed at program start from the OpenClasses() and CloseClasses() functions.
No longer uses -lauto
Replaced all #?Object macros with IIntution->NewObject(#?Class,NULL,
Removed some commented code (mainly chooser gadget related as SelectGadget seems a robust replacement).
Fixed a goodly few warning, but a heap more to be done.
Fix italian catalog so it builds with CatComp,
Status text at bottom of main window now uses HIGHLIGHTTEXTPEN and so should display clearly (assuming a sane theme is in use).
/Catalogs/italian/ -Fixed : Italian catalog update (samo79)
* Fixed : SELECT_Hidden with select.gadget 53.2
* Fixed : MSG_PLAYER_STREAM_BUFFER_LOW missing (samo79)
* Fixed : www truncated in About window (samo79)
* Added : Replaced Chooser gadget by new AEon Select gadget
* Fixed : added date of TuneNet in About window
* Fixed : a translation was missing in French catalog that crashed when volume slider was muted
* Added : Replaced Slider by AEon SliderBar

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit
Thanks ! Good read :)

As for changelogs and sensetive information: maybe doing something "middle" like Hyperion do now : i.e. not only "updated" and not whole-list, but something in the middle: a little summary of changes,fixes and/or new features added in brief.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Yes that is a possibility, but it takes time to prepare.

We are more focussed on delivering software on time and frequently so the primary emphasis is on the actual software development. We only have a small part time team of around 20 developers so need to use all available time to implement the changes and not document them for marketing. We need a marketing department maybe :D

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

it is german but perhaps the list is what you asked for

http://www.os4welt.de/viewtopic.php?f ... 93f66cf9804a49e5&start=80

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit
IMHO most important would be a summary of the improvements (and major bug fixes) of TuneNet (compared to the last free version), to help explain why potential customers might want to buy it. And the same for any other "abandonded but now developed again" software.

Second most important would be a summary of big improvements (and fixes) for each release, so that both existing owners & potential customers can see what their money is going towards. Happy existing owners may drive further sales (hidden updates may never be noticed & so effectively won't exist), while potential customers can see the kind of improvements they might get in the future (and so feel happier about buying something now, rather than waiting for clearer evidence of significant improvements).

Basically, more info is better, but at least a little info is still infinitely better than none at all.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@OlafS3
It looks like English to me
https://translate.googleusercontent.co ... elgxhfxkPDyI8HTBNw#p29844

P.S. It seems that RadeonHD driver now has support for Radeon R5/R7 230-265 cards?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

We produced the first Enhancer way back in May and TuneNet has been updated constantly since the beginning of this year.

The differences between the TuneNet on the Enhancer Software and the "free" version on OS4Depot are very significant. Large chunks of code has been rewritten to make it better structured. Over two dozen enhancements have been made (if you recall the list you asked us to consider). There also have been many GUI improvements, bringing it in line with the other standards set by other utilities on the Enhancer Software.

However TuneNet is one small element of the Enhancer Software and the development continues with this large project.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Sure, a real Changelog mentionning ALL updates for ALL programs will be nice.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit
Sure preparing of changelog take time if you dont want to copy and paste comments from commits because of some sensetive info. But, have changeligs really necessary. ChrisH make really good points as well. Every new or updated software should have proper documentations and changelog. We had hard times to explain that to Hyperion back in times, and gladly now we have it.

For example now, i only can imagine what TimeKipper commodotie is. Or what changed or fixed in AmiPDF. Maybe nothing important at all, or maybe something good which worth note.

I.e all that problems can be solved by making before release some summary changelogs for all the things.

If you didt have time for, i can step in and help with making changelogs before releases. But in any way, they must. You can see that many of us should asking everywhere around about.

Ps. ChrisH's points are about potencial customers, to which "it was rewriten and updated" not enough :) what -exactly- was updated - that questions :)

Edited by kas1e on 2016/12/28 20:50:11
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Olaf
Nope, its same as news items. Veeery little details. What timekipper is and what was changed in AmiPDF ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
P.S. It seems that RadeonHD driver now has support for Radeon R5/R7 230-265 cards?

The newly supported cards are:
- Radeon R7 240
- Radeon R7 250
- Radeon R7 350

NOTE: OEM cards such as Radeon R5 240/340 omitted because you can't exactly buy them.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

Are you aware of any passively cooled graphics cards that can take advantage of the new 3D drivers (Southern Island or Oland)?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

I still am unsure
- first i guess iupdating the graphic cads chipset mans buying a new graohic car.
- what SW is not in the special edition that is in the other ones? (Standard & Plus)
a) that will work with my present card
a) that will not work with it?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigakit

I am trying to buy the enancher software but I have some problems.. When I do the checkout it opens Odissey for the payment but then, when i try to use paypal account to pay, it enters in a loop reloading the login page of paypal.. is there a workaround for this problem?

i tried with netsurf but it locks on a-eon page..

Is there another way to buy the software online using a pc?

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

I will need to look into that problem you have described. Email me with details if you can.

For the time being, with Odyssey open, you can copy the URL into a PC browser and you should be able to Checkout. Wait until the funds have appeared in AMIStore on your account- may take 30 seconds or so after payment. You can then continue to purchase the item.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »