Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »
AmigaDeveloper.com Team Progress Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Back at Amiwest 2015, A-EON announced the formation of the AmigaDeveloper.com programme to promote increased paid development in AmigaOS applications, utilities, drivers and libraries.

Since then, the work has been steadfastly ongoing by the developers that signed up to help.

We are very grateful for their contribution and dedication and as a result over 2000+ commits have been made to the AmigaDeveloper.com SVN in this short time. Some great new software has been created as a result from that huge effort.

Shortly, the first results of this work will be released in the form of the Enhancer Software for OS4. Wherever practical, the software created is co-authored in tandem on OS3 so two branches are maintained.

Apart from the developers, special mention should be made to the small team of beta testers and graphics/artwork gurus who have also helped make this project possible.

I will give you a small sneak peak of the InfoWindow.class, developed by one of the talented devs, which is used extensively on all applications in the Enhancer Software.

Resized Image

Go to top
Re: AmigaDeveloper.com Team Progress Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
As part of the many hours of development of the Enhancer Software, we have updated Ringhio Notifications. If you recall, Ringhio was left without any major development for many years, but since acquiring it, the AmigaDeveloper Team has updated it a dozen times already.

The latest update of Ringhio Notifications, by AmigaDeveloper.com Team member, zzd10h has added ColourWheel support- following on from previous great work by another AmigaDeveloper.com Team member, rwo.

Here is a sneak preview of the new update 53.46, which is found on the forthcoming Enhancer Software:

Resized Image

Resized Image

In addition to ColourWheel support, Ringhio Notifications has been brought up to Final Edition specifications with AISS NewMenus, Hint popups, window snapshotting and we have added support for our new gadget classes such as InfoWindow class.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit
Will this Ringhio update be included in the OS4.1FE update (if we ever get it)??

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't think so because I offered a Ringhio update to Hyperion but they declined it.

Going forward, we will be offering the Ringhio Notifications updates and many other exciting new software through the Enhancer Software releases. For example, there is an updated AmiDVD, TuneNet, PartitionWizard and SmartFileSystem 2 exclusively on the forthcoming Enhancer Software release.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit
"I don't think so because I offered a Ringhio update to Hyperion but they declined it."

You offered updated Ringhio for free to Hyperion and they declined ?

Seriously ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
What makes you think it was for free?

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

"offer" verb doesn't mean for free ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigakit

Pardon me, can you or someone else at this point explain me a "little thing"?

is it me or there is an underground ongoing process about the development of AmigaOS??

Why hyperion didn't update Ringhio's AmigaOS and you did? and Why they decline this update?

Who is in charge of develop AmigaOS? You or Hyperion?

What's going on?

Thanks,

Davide

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:

Not necessarily.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit
Quote:
I don't think so because I offered a Ringhio update to Hyperion but they declined it.

Going forward, we will be offering the Ringhio Notifications updates and many other exciting new software through the Enhancer Software releases. For example, there is an updated AmiDVD, TuneNet, PartitionWizard and SmartFileSystem 2 exclusively on the forthcoming Enhancer Software release.

It's nice that you're making updates available but somehow it doesn't seem right that we must buy an OS4 update (OS4.1FE) so future programs will work and then buy updates to the system components seperately. Add to that the fact that we still don't have a bugfix update for OS4.1FE and I'm personally a little disgusted with the situation.

That's not intended as a criticism of you or your work; you're trying to help.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:

No, it just means to propose something for the person to being offered to, to consider.

I could offer to sell you a car.
I could offer to carry something for you.
You could offer me a job.

etc etc

The confusion with "free" might come from it's use in marketing offering two for one deals and the like "offers" in a shop so to speak, still they aren't actual free they just want you to think that.

Edited by broadblues on 2016/3/21 18:58:58
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues@Chris
Thanks for clarification.

And excuse my english, in french, the main meaning of "offer" ("offrir") is "offer a gift".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
I offered a Ringhio update to Hyperion but they declined it.

@xenic Quote:
It's nice that you're making updates available but somehow it doesn't seem right that we must buy an OS4 update (OS4.1FE) so future programs will work and then buy updates to the system components seperately.

While I can't speak for Hyperion (and I have no inside knowledge), it presumably would cost money to update Ringhio (since they'd have to pay someone to update it). That money has to come from somewhere, but I don't suppose they made much money selling OS4.1FE for £30 (or whatever it was).

Note: I am not excusing Hyperion, just trying to find an understandable potential explanation for their apparent behaviour. Hopefully we will get an official announcement/explanation, then we can stop guessing...

P.S. I never understood why OS4.1FE was sold so cheap - it seemed very strange from an outside perspective. (Although I do have a wild guess.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Keep up to good work!

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

The AmigaDeveloper.com Team has been busy since the last public release of the Enhancer Software (v1.1) in August 2016.

There hae been many hours of hard work with updates, enhancements and creation of new content to add to the software package.

We have been pleased at how much work has been achieved in such as short time. The enthusiasm and dedication of the developers, beta testers and translators during 2016 in working towards the goal of each release has been great to see as we follow the ongoing roadmap.

These early releases are to "cement in the pillars and foundations" for future software. As we go back to basics and build, we have found that there are better ways of doing things than have been done before and with a ever changing tech world around us, there are new ideas and concepts to implement to modernise our platform.

The new Enhancer Software v1.2 will follow and represent the third milestone for the team. For the first time to meet popular demand, there is now a low cost version called the Enhancer Software Special Edition. This is aimed at lower specification and older computer systems that cannot use the RadeonHD, Warp3D Nova/OpenGL ES 2.0. The lower priced Special Edition is identical to the other versions of the Enhancer Software however, CANDI, RadeonHD, Warp3D Nova and OpenGL ES 2.0 have been omitted from the package.

We would like to thank everyone that has invested in the previous versions and hope you enjoy the forthcoming free update.

Edited by amigakit on 2016/12/27 14:51:34
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigakit

thanks for the info :) just a quick question..

I have a Sam440ep with M9 onboard graphic card so I guess that there is no need, for me, of RadeonHD driver and OpenGL ES 2.0 and Warp3D Nova right? so the special edition is the right choice for me? ;)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yes :)

The lower cost Special Edition is the correct version for you.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit
I have a sam460ex with RADEON HD6450 graphic card

I bought the new radeon driver allready. Is there
I think i can do without CANDI
do i need
Warp3D Nova and OpenGL ES 2.0 ?

Go to top