Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Gorky 17 playable demo released!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pepe
Quote:
I have 256 mb ram, This game needs more memory than the MACE and Wings Battlefield?

The short answer is: yes. I said this earlier, but Gorky 17 on Steam lists 512 MB RAM as the minimum requirement.

Bear in mind that Gorky 17 is a much larger game than both MACE and Wings Battlefield. MACE is 2D, which generally requires less resources than 3D graphics. Gorky 17, is bigger, has more objects, character animation, more complex environments, etc.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans
Clear as crystal. No more disturbing

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Demo crashes as soon as I click to open the Inventory (far left button on the interface) under both Software Renderer and without having it enabled.

On the latter case, it completely freezes the system too.

Above behavior on clean installation under OS4.1 F.E. u2 (+hotfix) plus latest AmiUpdate (including MiniGL) on SamEp440-mini.

Is this happening too under the full game?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thus looks good. Another game I did not know was available. I will also try the demo soon and let you know what happens.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Quote:
Demo crashes as soon as I click to open the Inventory (far left button on the interface) under both Software Renderer and without having it enabled.

On the latter case, it completely freezes the system too.

Above behavior on clean installation under OS4.1 F.E. u2 (+hotfix) plus latest AmiUpdate (including MiniGL) on SamEp440-mini.

I didn't know that Gorky17 had a demo to try out, so I gave it a go. I had no problems with the inventory, the demo ran absolutely stable under AmigaOs4.1 FE Update 2 including all available updates via AmiUpdate with software rendering. I would like to play it with higher resolutions, but the game only supports 640x480 in the demo version.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tested it also and it runs fine.

I had the option for the full range of resolutions for both window mode and fullscreen mode once I disabled software rendering.

@Cool_amigaN
You would have to supply a crash log and perhaps use Snoopy for us to figure out where it is going wrong.

===

On the website it says Warp3D so if you use an RX card you would need the NovaBridge... (I say that skeptically because as usual, all the dependency stuff confuses me).

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tested on my sam460ex with RX550 and worked fine the demo.

Using snoopy it ese Warp3D and W3DN_GCN libs (I unchecked in config "soft renderer")

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Anyway, this game is way too hard (I bought it to support AmigaOS games developments), I can not manage to pass the 3rd ennemy wave.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)