Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Accelerating video playback in Odyssey (composited video)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

That's a horribly slow way to work.

You maybe didn't works like that, but it's fast enough way. I work many times like this with ppls, and all is ok. Just need some discipline and deal about time.

Quote:

If you don't want to put it in an svn/git repository

I do not want to create mess again, we already have on git latest version. Making one more of "1.23 version for amigaos4" it is mess.

Quote:

then you could always create an archive snapshot of the source and upload it somewhere where Jaokim can get it

Sure, its somehow welknown :) But as i told, its not only about sources, but also about changes in 3d party libs. At least curl, fontconfig, iculibs and some others should be changed. And driving again in that mess and loose few days of my time for it, just to pack everything, and explain everyhitng, only because someone maybe will try to do something with it.. I do it before few times , and nothing was done from it. Because of it i just give easy way : i can compile everyhing, and right at the same time provide binary.

All is need it be on IRC at discussed time, and everything going very fast. One change, upload, anoher compile, upload. We port whole beast like that with Deniil and Thore.

Quote:

The new dropbox/google-drive handler for AmigaOS is quite useful for sharing stuff.

There milions ways of how share stuff :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have recently bought a second hand AmigaOne with a Radeon HD card expressly with the idea of using it to begin some 3D/accelerated/composited programming. My old AmigaOne Micro wasn't up to the task.

I am tempted to take on this task but it seems with Odyssey we have a project management issue. If we have a working 1.23 version then it should be in Github along with all of its dependencies and their #ifdef __amigaos4__ changes. And if you borrow some code from AROS or MorphOS then you should keep *their* #ifdefs when adding our __amigaos4__ stuff, so that you can share the code back with them.

Otherwise we just end up with forks of forks and the situation we have now where people would like to join in but there is too much work to be done just to compile.

I might regret this, but what is the address of the Github project? Is there only the non working 1.25 version in Github or is the old 1.23 version there as well in a branch?

If the community wants "Butter bei die Fische" then someone with some project management skills who can take over ensuring that the Github version is always up to date would be more helpful than any bounty or even developers stepping forward.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hitman Quote:
Is there only the non working 1.25 version in Github or is the old 1.23 version there as well in a branch?

I got the impression that the "non working" (for OS4) 1.25 version is the only one available on Github:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=102247#forumpost102247
Quote:
He release 1.25 version, which is last one, on github, which have endian issues, because of which he didn't release 1.25 for morphos, and because of which we don't have it on os4 as well.

@Hitman
But yes, it does seem crazy that non-working 1.25 is on Github, but the working 1.23 (that a few people are interested in trying to improve) is not on Github. I don't understand Kas1e's reasoning, since it's not like a working 1.25 is on the horizon any time soon (short of a miracle).

And off-topic, but also seems really daft that 1.24 is not available on Github (or anyone except Fab it would seem from the fact that Kas1e doesn't have it either) after people paid $7627 for non-MOS Odyssey.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH & Hitman
The main Odyssey project (Odyssey 1.25) is an primarily an AROS project. Kasle created an OS4 branch named "kasle_branch". That branch contains the code for OS4 Odyssey 1,23 but may not be updated with the more recent fixes for Kasle's latest release. Back in January I checked out that branch and attempted to compile Odyssey on my X1000 under OS4. Even with the latest public release of GCC (GCC 5) there are some essential things missing in the GCC "C++" that prevent a complete compile under OS4. It's possible that you need GCC 6 to compile Odyssey. I've been unable to check out GCC 6 and compile it under OS4 because of the outdated OS4 Python and possibly an inadequate OS4 version of Git (SGIT for OS4).

I think you will need to check out the latest Amiga GCC code at Github under Linux and compile a working version of GCC before you can compile Odyssey. Unless you can use a new version of GCC to compile Odyssey 1.23 from the "kasle_branch" there's no point in pestering kasle for updated code.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)