Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
Tower 57, pixel art Chaos Engine homage, coming to OS4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everybody!

I'm Marco / benitosub, one of the two devs working on Tower 57.

FULL DISCLOSURE! We are currently running a Kickstarter campaign, I was advised by some of our backers to post here since we will be porting the game to AmigaOS4 as well.

I was a huge A500 gamer so I don't feel entirely out of place here, but obviously I just created the account and this is my first post, I really hope the fact I'm promoting my game doesn't offend anybody ^_^' (if it violates forum rules please feel free to remove it of course!)

So, getting to the point :)

Tower 57 is a top-down shooter in the vein of The Chaos Engine, except we added some original co-op mechanics and overall modernized the gameplay quite a bit.

The main platforms are PC / Mac / Linux BUT we are in touch with several programmers specialized in AmigaOS4 ports, and are hammering out licensing deals to ensure the highest quality port possible (worst case I will do it myself, it will just come out a little later ^_^#)

The engine is written entirely in c++ and currently uses OpenGL for rendering. However I made sure from the start to stay away from "modern" features such as shaders, complex blending operations, etc. so the game is very undemanding graphically speaking.

It's also written in a way that I can easily strip out the rendering layer and replace it with any other platform-specific rendering API (even 2D) in a matter of days.

It looks like I can't insert pictures in the post directly, so I will leave a link to our trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LH5DBtV7lM and of course our Kickstarter page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514621648/tower-57

It would be really great if you could take a minute to check it out, we could really use all the support we can get to reach our funding goal and make this game happen ^_^' And of course if you're not interested enough to back it, spreading the word among your friends on social media always helps immensely!

If you have any questions about the game, the tech, the art, or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask them here!

I'm currently on lunch break from my full-time job, so replies may come in a few hours after I get home from work, but I will make sure to check back and answer every question to the best of my abilities!

Thank you all for reading,

Cheers!

Marco / benitosub

Go to top
Re: Tower 57, pixel art Chaos Engine homage, coming to OS4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Oh my Goooood!
Awesome, you think it is not aware of the good that will cause this in the Amiga community. OS4 sales will rise spectacularly and hopefully also Tower57 sales.

to donate!

I would like it to be optimized for OS4.1 classic

Excuse my English guys Amigans net.sorry.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great news!
Please reach out to some of the established AmigaOS4 coders for support and guidance. There are a good few on this forum and they may well make themselves known to you.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Awesome, i love this kind of games !

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@benitosub

this sounds like we have good news for Amiga gamers:)
i backed this up, and planning to plegde more bucks if is in trouble. so best of luck

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@benitosub

welcome back my fellow amigan

Tower57 aka Chaos Engine NG is destined to be on AmigaOS so for sure you have mine & I'm sure many others here full support!!!

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@pepe that would be fantastic :D! I can swap any rendering API into the engine, so optimizing the rendering to use each OS's fastest API should not be a problem ^_^

@ddni yep that's exactly what we're doing :) The AmigaOS4 port will be handled by an experienced AmigaOS programmer to ensure that it is as polished and optimized as possible!

@samo79 that makes 2 of us :D (born the same year too apparently ^_^)

@noXLar thanks for backing! hopefully we will reach our goal and bring back some steampunk goodness where it belongs ;)

@328gts thanks a lot! fun fact, I even reached out to Mike Montgomery to ask for his opinion on the game ^_^ (and Jon Hare wished us luck :D !!!! surreal!!!)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
benitosub wrote:Quote:
@328gts thanks a lot! fun fact, I even reached out to Mike Montgomery to ask for his opinion on the game ^_^ (and Jon Hare wished us luck :D !!!! surreal!!!)

OMG! just WoW!!!

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@benitosub

Sounds really positive.
Can I ask if the AmigaOS 4.1 port is still a stretch goal and if so what $$ threshold needs to be hit?

Thanks.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tried to help but Kickstarter is too horrible technically.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ddni right now the idea would be to license out the game to a studio that specializes in Amiga ports, which would mean no additional investment would be required. Take that with a grain of salt though, as nothing has been formalized yet ^_^

@Thematic hehe don't worry, you can still help us by sharing our Facebook page, or re-tweeting one of our tweets, or posting about the game on your favorite forums, etc. And knowing you support us is already a big help :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Finally, I donated! for betatest hehe

To expect for 2017? hehe.

Thematic, it's easy, man.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Fantastic news! And could be possible a MorphOS version!
Looks really fantastic!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@pepe thanks a lot! We aim to finish the basic game in Q1 2016 (*late* Q1 2016 ^_^' the tentative date is March 2016). I wouldn't expect the port to take a whole year ;)

@tolkien I'm looking into MorphOS but I don't want to promise anything until I'm 100% sure it's possible... but there will be an update about this at some point!

Thanks for the support everybody,

Marco

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@benitosub

Already backordered.. Hope it reaches 45K € target..

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@benitosub

the game looks terrific, and i hope to be enjoying it on my NG amigas. thank you for considering our community!

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SinanSam460 thanks! hope so too ^_^

@eliyahu actually it's your community who considered us ;) I was a big A500 gamer in my childhood, but I had no idea there was still an active community around it, and it's our Amiga-backers who reached out to me and asked for a port, which prompted me to look into it, and here we are today :) So I really I should be the one saying thank you!

@everybody I'll be formalising the Amiga support in tonight's update! Sadly the licensing deal didn't pan out, so we have to make it a stretch goal, but I'm splitting the cost with my own savings so it's as small as possible (1k). I think some of you will be familiar with the person who will be doing the port ;)

Better go write that update now ^_^

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
benitosub wrote:Quote:
I'll be formalising the Amiga support in tonight's update! Sadly the licensing deal didn't pan out, so we have to make it a stretch goal, but I'm splitting the cost with my own savings so it's as small as possible (1k). I think some of you will be familiar with the person who will be doing the port ;)

rest assured my friend that if you need help with getting additional funds to ensure this game comes 'home' to where it belongs understand that we as a community have raised money in the past for various Amiga related projects and I'm positive that our community will be more than happy to do what it can here as well!

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Aaaaaand it's done :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5 ... 48/tower-57/posts/1330913

The port will be handled by Daniel 'Daytona675x' Müßener (Battle Squadron, Cherry-Darling, ...), so we can ensure a timely and fully optimized release.

Crossing fingers that we make it ^_^'

And yes unfortunately all my other accounts on amiga forums are "pending review" by a mod (have been for a couple of days now :( ) so we could really use some help with letting the community know, because I can't actually post anywhere but here ^_^#

Cheers,

Marco

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Daytona is a great and capable coder. Good choice.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »