Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
DirectoryOpus 4.18.41 not opening files within archives
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Anyone else with this issue? If I double-click an .lha to open it, then double-click a .txt file in the archive to read it, nothing happens (Snoopy shows a temp file being created then deleted).

If I simply replace the main DirectoryOpus binary (I'm using 4.18.29) and leave everything else the same, it's fine. Although with that version, since 4.1 FE it crashes when viewing some text files and not others. 4.18.41 doesn't have that problem, but it might have been fixed in earlier versions as well.

Go to top
Re: DirectoryOpus 4.18.41 not opening files within archives
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
There was bug with opening of archive in dopus4 since previous release, i reported it and as far as i can see xenic fix it in latest one, there is all info, maybe of any help:

https://sourceforge.net/p/diropus4/bugs/21/

Relevant part:

"Copying directories & files from an archive has been fixed.
The default filetype needs to be set to SMARTREAD so the
internal Dopus4 reader will used for double-click."

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Your bug report was before the 4.18.41 release, yet that's the one it isn't working with. It should be looked at again.

Copying directories and files works fine, but not double-clicking to read a file within an archive.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mick
And you have "The default filetype needs to be set to SMARTREAD so the internal Dopus4 reader will used for double-click." ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I'll check that now. The other Dopus4 binary is fine however. Should there need to be a change in settings? I'll check with default settings as well.

Edit: It was already set for "SmartRead".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mick
If xenic point out that change is need it, then probably yep, changes are must. If it didn't help, then don't forget to make a BZ on sourceforge as well :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
You might have missed the edit. It's already set to SmartRead and isn't working.

Edit: Case makes no difference. I'll open a new bug report later on.

From your report:

> i can't anymore go to the archives and read a file from by dbl-click

That still isn't working, but

> as well as i can't go to archives, mark everything and do "copy" to some destination

but that is working.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
It's not a program bug because it works for me. It's probably bad filetype settings. If you have a text filetype and it's not right it will fail. If you have a poor definition for another filetype and it accidently misidentifies a text file it will fail. If you have a "default" filetype set to use another program it can fail.

You can try this:
Back up your dopus4 configuration. Open the Dopus4 configuration window from the Dopus4 program. Select "filetypes" and delete any text filetype files and a default filetype file if there is one. Clicking on a text file in an archive should work.

If the above doesn't work, try this:
Back up your dopus4 configuration. Open the Dopus4 configuration window from the Dopus4 program. Select "filetypes" and delete all your filetypes. Select "Okay" in the filetypes window and then "Use" in the main config window. Then double-click on an archive to open it in a Dopus4 window and double-click on a text file. The Dopus4 reader should open and display your text file.

I think we need to eliminate that text filetype from the distribution archive.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

On further examination the problem seems to be that some filetypes have command paths that may not be the same as those on your system. You can probably change some of the commands in your filetypes and get the default filetypes working. I need to eliminate the filetyes containing command paths from the defualt config for a future release.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
How can it be a config problem when swapping the binaries with the one included with OS4.1 Extras is fine?

It's not just text files. It's anything. Double-click any file within an archive does nothing, even with a default config (renaming the .CFG in S/).

Edit: Removing all filetypes actually worked. Although I don't really want to do that. I'm investigating.

Edit2: For anything I have a filetype for, it doesn't work. For example, I have an Icon filetype, using the "IconInfo" command for LBM Double-Click. I cannot double-click an icon to view it, until I delete that filetype.

It should be noted that these filetypes are default and always have been. If you delete/rename the config to make Dopus4 use its own internal defaults, it doesn't work. I don't know what you mean by Command Paths. These are internal commands like SmartRead or IconInfo.

Edit3: If I change internal command SmartRead to external command Multiview {f}, then I can read a text file OK. So it is probably only affecting internal commands. SmartRead only works if the text file is outside of an archive. 4.18.29 is fine.

Edit4: If I use the config that comes with 4.18.41 (this is not the same as Dopus' internal default config), then within archives it opens text files OK in Multiview, but not .info files. Info files are configured to use IconRead.

Xenic, double-click an .info in an archive. I'm guessing it won't work for you (assuming the config included is the one you use yourself).

Edited by MickJT on 2015/4/15 6:13:53
Edited by MickJT on 2015/4/15 6:15:07
Edited by MickJT on 2015/4/15 6:21:25
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
I did some more testing and it appears that there is a bug in the Dopus4 program. The filetypes are not correctly sending the double-clicked filename to the internal commands. The problem seems to have occurred between version 4.18.38 and version 4.18.40. There was no version 4.18.39 publicly released. I'll need to check all the changes between versions when I get the time. For now you can get v4.18.38 from the files page at the Sourceforge diropus4 repository. Please test that version and let me know if it works correctly. It works for me. The internal commands will work if you add a file variable to the internal commands in version 4.18.41 like this:
IconInfo {f}
SmartRead {f}
It will be helpful if you can test v4.18.38 and then v4.18.41 with the {f} variable added to the internal command lines in filetypes.

Another problem with filetypes can occur when you add a new filetype. Some of the filetype classes in the default list use a * (asterisk) for a wildcard. That won't work for OS4 unless you have set "Allow asterisk" in AmigaDOS prefs. Unfortunately the DirectoryOpus.CLA file that contains the default filetype classes is really old and there is no way to generate a new one that I know of.

As for the "Command Paths" reference, those are in the config file included in the Dopus4 distribution archive. No need to worry about that if you are using your own configuration or the internal default config.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
Fixed for next release.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Thanks. Sorry I missed your other post.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
The problem should be fixed in a minor update at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/diropus4/files/DirectoryOpus4-OS4/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
If Mick confirm that problem is fixed in .42 , may i upload it on os4depot as well ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

I did a quick test in 4.18.41 and I have 2 little problems to report:

- When i start DOpus, at startup it opens a DOS requested asking for insert a RAD: disk ?

Well I can't mount this :)

Quote:
Insert a disk
RAD:

Process: 266 "DirectoryOpus"

- Second "problem" is related to the archive creation.
In the old version (atleast the old DOpus bundled with the OS4 CD) when you created an archive the name were automatically picked and inserted in the requester

This the classical procedure

- Select a file to archive, then
- Open the menu: Function --> LhA Add

This open a requester asking to add a name for your archive, however while in the old version the name of the file were automatically taken, now you should type it manually ...

Would be cool if you can reimplement the old behaviour, it was more friendly

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Forget the first issue, just tried 4.18.42 and by default now it point correctly to SYS:

So it's fixed :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thansk for the hot update :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

I got some weird problem aslo replacing files...with nonsense requests about replacing but never done...anyone?

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Quote:
- Second "problem" is related to the archive creation.
In the old version (atleast the old DOpus bundled with the OS4 CD) when you created an archive the name were automatically picked and inserted in the requester

This the classical procedure

- Select a file to archive, then
- Open the menu: Function --> LhA Add

This open a requester asking to add a name for your archive, however while in the old version the name of the file were automatically taken, now you should type it manually ...

Would be cool if you can reimplement the old behaviour, it was more friendly

It's not a program change; it's a menu configuration. It requests a name because you can click on several files/dirs in the lister and add them all to a single archive. The only way to do that is to get the archive name from the user. The menu calls "lha" with a set of options, which can be edited in the Dopus4 menus configuration. The included configuration is just an example. You can set up any configuration you want. If you delete the file S/DirectoryOpus.CFG in the Dopus4 directory you will get the default config that's built into the program which is butt ugly in my opinion.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »