Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga4.1OS FE
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@atom

Quote:

Hello
Had another go to set my Amiga up but still have a problem
I put in the Amiga 4.1OS FE cd in and booted up and the keyboard worked ok and in to media toolbox

In AmigaOS there is different USB drivers and stack then what is used in UBOOT. It might be that USB keyboard is plugged in wrong USB port, or USB keyboard is incompatible with UBOOT, on AmigaONE-SE / AmigaONE-XE, you can only use a USB keyboard is UBOOT is configured to use one, or else its using the PS/2 port. It is hard to give you correct support without knowing what AmigaONE/Sam you have.

Quote:

and change a few things this is were I believe I went wrong but it started to install the cd when it said all done took the cd out and rebooted the Amiga. But than this message came up #### No elf image at address 0x0e08d988 'ad ELF image loaded; skipping!FLB : no SLB found in any of the designated boot sources; returning to u-boot. Press any key. But the keyboard does not work

Do you have a PS/2 port? If so you need to use USB to PS/2 adapter, to get keyboard working in UBOOT, if you do not have PS/2 port, then it is likely your keyboard is incompatible with UBOOT or it is plugged in the wrong USB port.

I believe it is possible to configure UBOOT with RS232 cross over cable, using putty on a PC, or some other Terminal program, in case you have something like that.

Quote:
only when I put the cd in the drive.

Can you boot from CDROM? So just boot install CD, and find media toolbox and fix your problem. You do not need to mess around in UBOOT, you only need to change something in UBOOT if something is wrong with it.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

there is no ps2 on sam440ep.

Quote:

I`m running Sam440ep which what I ever I press on the keyboard nothing happens

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the replies
But sorry still a bit lost here. I`m sure I have kyb in the right usb port and if I put the Amiga cd in the kyb works. So can anybody help with a kind of step by step guide the best way to partition the hd as I seem to get a bit lost here as my Amiga skills are not that great.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@atom

What happens when you put the CD in, you get the same message no SLB2, or does it boot?

What do you see on the screen.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes when I put the CD in it does boot

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@atom

So Boot from CD and get into Media toolbox, check that Workbench partition has "Bootable" flag enabled.

Boot priority should be "0" on all partitions, what file system do you have on DH0:, most be FFS/7, SFS/1 or SFS/2.

(If you have wrong file-system you most reparation and re install the OS.)

Next check that you have SLB2 in you RDB, this also done in media toolbox.

If you are unsure, what you are doing take screenshots, so we can see if its correct or wrong.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/3/15 18:44:54
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@atom

Quote:

But sorry still a bit lost here. I`m sure I have kyb in the right usb port and if I put the Amiga cd in the kyb works. So can anybody help with a kind of step by step guide the best way to partition the hd as I seem to get a bit lost here as my Amiga skills are not that great.

Put the USB keyboard in the other port. (I know your sure but if it isn't working in UBoot ods are it's in the wrog port and it will work in the OS with either port so you can be noworse off).

Reboot.

See if you can interupt UBOOT from the keybaord now that you changed ports. Pressing space bar should do it.

If you can great.

Now reset and boot from the CD.

Boot inot the OS and start Media ToolBox.

Find the partition where you installed the OS (choose it from the list rather than the coloured partition gadget as that way there is no risk of you nudgeing the size and invalidating it).

Check that automount and boootable are ticked in the bottom row of gadgets.

If not do so save to disk remove CD and reboot.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello
Great news I have my Amiga up and running.
Thanks for all your help and thanks again

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@atom

Your welcome.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur