Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

End of a dream, my Sam460ex is K.O.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, after of stopped one year yesterday I have free time and I tryed to discover the problem and it is very big hardware problems with some chip or other electronic component these are:
1. When I connect a USB drive the Sam ports does a full reboot and the other problem even I connect the USB drive back and the result the same problem full reboot I tested with other USB drive this hadn't problem in the front and back USB ports.
2. When the Sam has heat (the box has a cooler fan that I added) sound a click and the Sam is freezes I reboot and again when the click sound appear the Sam again freezes, I did several test no cover, off several minutes but nothing the freeze is present.

Conclusion: The Sam460ex is K.O. and I'll no buy other ACube product in my life, now I try to think in other board for the case that I bough them.

Go to top
Re: End of a dream, my Sam460ex is K.O.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario

Before come to any conclusion you may send your 460 to ACube, maybe they can repair it (if really broken)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79
Thanks Samo, but I no want spend more money and time in this.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario

If computer reboot because you have connected more to it, it likely that it's too little power.
If the computer gets hot, and crashes, then there is a fan problem.

Two issues that should be easy to fix.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt Quote:
If computer reboot because you have connected more to it, it likely that it's too little power.

That is good advice. I suggest checking the PSU used by the Sam460 (preferably try replacing it, maybe temporarily using PSU from a PC).

Quote:
If the computer gets hot, and crashes, then there is a fan problem.

It might be a heatsink problem. For example if the thermal paste attaching the heatsink to the CPU is poor, then it may not cool properly. I suggest getting someone experienced to remove the heatsink, clean the old thermal paste off it, and then re-attach heatsink using new thermal paste (arctic silver, etc).

Or it could also indicate a PSU problem - the PSU might be close to failing, and the heat pushes it over the edge. So again trying a different PSU is well worth it.

@Templario
Quote:
I'll no buy other ACube product in my life, now I try to think in other board for the case that I bough them.

I would not immediately blame ACube. Most people have no problems with their ACube machines, and even if you do you are probably just unlucky (it is normal for a few percentage of machines to fail early - that is why we have 1 or 2 year warranties).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario

I can always buy your broken board, if you don't want it no more.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisHQuote:
that is why we have 1 or 2 year warranties

All ACube products have 2 years warranty.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique
I have it of memory.... no buy more hardware like that.

Go to top

Register To Post