Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Evolve
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

Next year in perhaps Februry or March I am going to need a small 'team' to work on Beta Testing a fairly significant project that I have embarked on.

This software suite is an ambious undertaking of which I can only compare to one other which has long since been abandonened.

I need individuals who have a mindset in software development who can not only perform thorough testing, but can relate to the context of the software.

PM if you have an interest, thank you.

PS. Please do include your background and examples of when you were a software Beta Tester.

Rick

Edited by djrikki on 2015/3/25 13:12:08
Go to top
Re: Need Beta Testers
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@djnikki

Can't PM in IBrowse. I might be interested in helping out IF it's not a hollywood project and not a game.

As for background, OS4 Beta tester for 10 years, also tested for amoungst others for Alinea, Andy Broad, IBrowse, CinnamanWriter etc.. Translator and tester for WordMeUpXXL.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
A couple days off work spent Coding.. bliss.

Thanks for the messages coming in so far, I won't be replying anytime soon I just want to hear from you guys. Most likely will be in touch post-christmas with a little more info about the pre-requisites required. If you've developed for AmigaOS before then thats a good start.
Just to make it clear, this is not a game, its a missing tool within the development cycle.

Edited by djrikki on 2014/12/4 13:10:11
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki Quote:
its a missing tool within the development cycle.

That seems a bit unlikely... Maybe one exists, but you aren't aware of it?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
One exists on OS4Depot, but unfortunately its broken, crashes, very limited and long out of date.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

About the only thing missing from my dev chain at the moment, is a source level degugger, with support for 68k emulation built in, so it must be that

I desperately need by tonight, so if you could push your schedule along a bit I'd be most grateful.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
;-p

In all seriousness, the last time this old program I spoke of was updated was way back in 2007 and it never went anyway. During 2010 and 2011 I donated a few hundred pounds to get this kind of tool out in the wild, but the project seems to have died. So, its now one of those DIY situations. I will need to work with someone another next year to realise its full potential so need someone who has strong knowlwdge of building Amiga applications. Feel free to PM your tel number on Facebook Andy I can ring you later- as you have developed Sketchbook (a modern app by AmigaOS standard) you would be perfectly placed to assist if you wish.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The project is less than a month old, but here is what I have been working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRvNCNaLvLs

As you can see there is still a way lot more to do, but hopefully the framework you can see in the video should be a good indication of what I want to make possible.

Initially its going to output the project as Hollywood+MUI Royale, but from that initial point it should (hopefully) be more easily able to generate C+MUI Layout code. Although if I am honest I will need some help here from someone with the skills and understanding of both C and MUI to assist here. Of course it could potentially output as Amiga E given suitable template, functions, defintions and layout are implemented with assistance.

With MUI 4 seemingly being rolled out on all AmigaOS variations now would seem a good time to have such a developer tool like this make itself available.

Edited by djrikki on 2014/12/4 21:31:26
Edited by djrikki on 2014/12/5 12:50:36
Edited by djrikki on 2014/12/5 12:59:27
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki
Looks nice. I'm sure some people will find it useful... but does that mean coding MUI GUIs as separate XML files (for Hollywood) doesn't live up to the hype?

(Although *personally* I prefer to just have an abstraction layer above MUI, rather than do "visual programming".)

Edited by ChrisH on 2015/1/8 12:46:12
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Each to their own, I can manage purely in Codebench designing the interface as you see.
However, having something else to assist developers in doing that and much more besides can only be a good thing - especially as an application's interface can grow potentially grow considerably.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just a quick bump, looking for more interested parties, have a couple of Beta Testers on-board so far, the more the merrier. Feel free to get in touch with me however you choose.

Recent screenshot of work in progress so far; Showing the all new MUI 4 Close gadgets on ClickTabs in action

More available on OS4Coding.net under Projects.

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Redesigned the AISS tab.... big thanks to Martin 'Mason' Merz for the CSV file that enabled me to rapidly add Icons Descriptions... as you can see it works!

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Gotta love the speed of Hollywood and MUI... to a fully working tab...

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Being able to search through AISS icons visually becomes a reality, this is gonna help enormously.

Resized Image

Go to top
Re: Evolve
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Started on a support website this time last week for my MUI Builder development tool which now has a name.

http://myevolve.wordpress.com

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki
Nice :)

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Minimum system requirement : Radeon HD Graphics

Why ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry, this is old information, let me remove it. I started out by writing from the angle of supporting Classic AmigaOS, but I haven't had chance to test any of that yet.

Go to top

Register To Post