Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
233 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 233

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 36 »
Re: Any altivec experts? (H.264 codec)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm sorry to insist but Joerg's latest P96_PIP (see my previous link) is the fastest and should be the one implemented IMHO.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Agree, but question is: who complete it ?
Because you must consider that the latest driver (even if faster) was never finished !

In end it means we will have somethings running fast, but with tons of feature less (for example the Altivec and the fullscreen support just to mention the first two)

As certainly i don't see LiveForIt to complete it for free (anytime soon) for now better still with the old driver ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Indeed, I forgot that FullScreen was not working. Regarding AltiVec, I don't think that any of the P96_PIP implementations has ever used it.

And why not include Joerg's P96_PIP improvements in the bounty instead of using an old and slower P96_PIP outpout ?

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
I don't think that any of the P96_PIP implementations has ever used it.

The old driver support it, but as i don't have any capable machine don't ask me how ...

Quote:
And why not include Joerg's P96_PIP improvements in the bounty instead of using an old and slower P96_PIP outpout ?

I think to have already explained you, because it means a considerable work and that work will cost a lot, see how mutch money he ask just for a few "almost easy" things ...
Instead just adding a few fix in current driver will not cost (or just a few)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
If i remember right, that code which in the repo (i.e. latest p96pip from joerg), wasn't finished. I.e. it didn't works in all the cases, and can behave badly in some cases.

Also i do not know for example if it support everything what support that old p96_pip from him. I mean, fullscreen, altivec, osd, whatever else. Will it faster on all machines and all cards ? I mean, will new implementation without altivec be faster that old one with altivec code on machines with altivec ? Is it indeed worth to replace and will be faster in all cases ?

But, in end of all i think about logical solution which will please almost everyone: we can add 2 p96_pips. Old one and new one. And just have 2 drivers in the "vo" output, like p96_pip(v1) and p96_pip(v2), and ppls can choice what they want (while, of course, there will be problem with those default settings, when users just want to run it and have maximum possible speed).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Kas1e: indeed. When I was making tests, Joerg's new P96_PIP was faster than the older one even with AltiVec (tests done on X1000).

On Sam440, it was also faster.

Isn't there any way to merge both versions in one with all the improvement and features?

BTW, except Fullscreen support, everything is working (I still have Beta11 of MPlayer from Joerg and it's still working fast).

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
Quote:

Isn't there any way to merge both versions in one with all the improvement and features?

If only one missing feature in the last joerg's code are fullscreen support, then adding fullscreen should be easy.

And if latest version from Joerg are the faster that previous with altivec, even without altivec, and there is no shortcomings, then probably worth to use this latest version, just with adding fullscreen support.

Is OSD working too with his versino ? And no flickering as in previous one ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yep he fixed the flickering effects, but still the limitations i posted above, plus:

- Doesn't work without changes with the old MPlayer here.
- 16 bit RGB code included but disabled (define USR_RGB to enable it).

See: https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/source/detail?r=68

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

but still the limitations i posted above

Which ones except one ? (non working fullscreen)

Quote:

- Doesn't work without changes with the old MPlayer here.

Of course, some integration-adaptation may need, that no problem.

Quote:

So what ? I mean, did you have any problems because of that, or will users have any problems because of that in compare with previous version of p96_pip ? I mean who care if some " 16 bit RGB" code disabled, if all works for end users faster than previous version. Or, in some cases it will just not works ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Which ones except one ? (non working fullscreen)

If i remember correctly there were also some minor glitch with the audio, this happened when you put a video in pause (audio was not in perfect synch)

Quote:
Of course, some integration-adaptation may need, that no problem.

Yep however still to see if LiveForIt will be able to do the work

Quote:
So what ? I mean, did you have any problems because of that, or will users have any problems because of that in compare with previous version of p96_pip ? I mean who care if some " 16 bit RGB" code disabled, if all works for end users faster than previous version. Or, in some cases it will just not works ?

I just retried the Joerg version (just to verify how it works and so on) latest beta from Joerg was the beta 10 and you can find it here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6dyvx9

To summarize, aka to reach the status of complete having all the features of the old p96_pip, the Joerg version may needs those fix:

- Doesn't work without changes with the old MPlayer here. (need to test)
- Altivec support missing.
- Fullscreen missing
- A minor glitch with the audio

Add to this the things we have planned to complete the old p96_pip

- Drag&drop

But we have also some good news: by using this latest Joerg driver we will be able to remove 3 subpoints:

- OSD bug
- White stripes bug (probably it's fixed, but can't test as fullscreen doesn't work)
- Menu

Infact those 3 things works already :)

To conclude, if we want to use this version instead of the old p96_pip, LiveForIt should verify that:

- Fullscreen missing (should work by pressing "F" and with double-click too)
- Verify the problem with the audio (glitch)
- Adding drag&drop

(if i don't forget any other eventual thing ! )

As you see now we have a lot of confusion, that was the results of the zero collaboration, different people did their own versions without any coordinations with the others, rewrote the wheel and never merge the code

Edited by samo79 on 2015/4/22 14:39:30
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

That you even no need to mention. No one can hope that source of drivers will be just copy+paste from version to version. Of course some changes are need it, but its just adaptation changes as do anyone who put some code in one piece.

Quote:

As K-L say, version from Joerg without Altivec, are faster than version with Altivec. So, that no problem and also can be skiped.

Quote:

- Fullscreen missing (should work by pressing "F" and with double-click too)

Ok, that first problems.

Quote:

- Verify the problem with the audio (glitch)

So, verefy plz, is it here ? If so, then there is second moment to fix.

Quote:

And i ask again : so what ? Do you see any problems because of 'missing 16 bit RGB code included but disabled" ? Are end users have any problems because of that ?

Quote:

- Adding drag&drop

Is it works with old version of p96_pip, and didn't with new one ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
As K-L say, version from Joerg without Altivec, are faster than version with Altivec. So, that no problem and also can be skiped.

Ok but Altivec by the way was one of the target of this bounty no ?
Personally i never test any Altivec things because i don't have a capable hardware, so can't test

Quote:
So, verefy plz, is it here ? If so, then there is second moment to fix.

Here it happen mostly with MP4 videos, but seems a bit better with AVI ... we can test it better later

Quote:
And i ask again : so what ? Do you see any problems because of 'missing 16 bit RGB code included but disabled" ? Are end users have any problems because of that ?

Don't know what will be the implication of this, i simply reported what Joerg wrote , maybe is important, maybe not so

Quote:
Is it works with old version of p96_pip, and didn't with new one ?

Well it's the same here, drag&drop need to be implemented whatever version we decide to use ..

P.S.
Drag&drop worked in the old p96_pip driver of afxgroup, but as usual it was never backported by Joerg ....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

Ok but Altivec by the way was one of the target of this bounty no ?
Personally i never test any Altivec things because i don't have a capable hardware, so can't test

K-L says that last version from Joerg without altivec, faster than old version with altivec. So, its make for final users such result: joerg's version will be faster in all condition, even without implemented altivec support. What mean we can drop old version and use new one, as it will be faster in all cases.

Quote:

Don't know what will be the implication of this, i simply reported what Joerg wrote , maybe is important, maybe not so

If everything works as expected for end users, and no video distortions, then doesn't matter.

Quote:

Well it's the same here, drag&drop need to be implemented whatever version we decide to use ..

P.S.
Drag&drop worked in the old p96_pip driver of afxgroup, but as usual it was never backported by Joerg ....

There is only 2 versions of p96_pip. One are old one, that one which used in AfxGroup's version, in muimplayer, and dunno where else. If d&d work in AfxGroup's version, but didn't in muimplayer, then its my fault of integration, but not differences between driver.

There just 2 versions: old one from joerg+afxgroup, and new from joerg only.

Quote:

Here it happen mostly with MP4 videos, but seems a bit better with AVI ... we can test it better later

I.e. in muimplayer and in old afxgroup's mplayer all is fine, but with joerg's mplayer there is problems ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

It's all really interesting, but the speed of mplayer on different video format, depends on FFMPEG different versions included in different build, altivec will always be faster than none altivec, if the codecs are optimized for it.

As far as I know there is no altivec version of p96pip or p96, there is only normal assembler optimized conversion routine.

The bugs in the codecs also comes down to different versions of FFMPEG, if built from nightly build (work in progress) or stable version, there will always be bugs.

The last FFMPEG used in AfxGroup's version had that nasty AAC audio codec bug that effected the AltiVec optimization of the audio codec. For the most part the old FFMPEG was faster than the newer FFMPEG version that might got a bit bloated.

However sticking to an old FFMPEG is also silly because then you might not be able to play all audio codecs and video codecs, and I believe some codecs have gotten faster, even if some have gotten slower. And new video formats comes and so do improvements, and new bugs. That’s just how software development goes.

Quote:
There just 2 versions: old one from joerg+afxgroup, and new from joerg only.

Well not 100% true, more like 99% true, in order for p96pip to behave the same as comp, cgx_wpa, and so on, I have been changing the code, so that different video output works the same, thanks to a common back bone for all video output's on LiveForIt-Mplayer is cgx_common.cpp that I have heavily modified.

The work of reintegrating the menus will be done so the same code is going to work on all video outputs, I am not going to simply copy & past the code into all video outputs, that be too dirty for my taste and horror to maintain.

Same thing with drag and drop, it's go to go into the common video output backbone, or into it's own separate .cpp / .h files. I just hate having to dig through 1000 of lines of code to find what I'm looking for.

The integration of P96 was newer 100% completed, I did some basic work to try integrate it but, but the integration was not as complete as P96_pip.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/4/23 16:21:22
Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/4/23 16:22:25
Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/4/23 16:26:15
Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/4/23 16:28:09
Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/4/23 18:55:43
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all
I will create the bounty this weekend

This is the final bounty text:

p96_pip fixes
Implementing menus in mplayer
Drag and Drop
Adding Screenshotdir and EXTPATTERN
New feanor ffmpeg integration
64Bit fix
Transferring of bounty will happens after beta-tests and before public release
OpenSource

1300 Euro
+10% bountysource fee
+1,9% + 0,35 Euro per transaction
--------------------------------------------------
1455,05 Euro
--------------------------------------------------
1577,11 US Dollar
Since there are always fluctuations, i would collect 1.600 USD

I will create a bounty at bountysource.com
After we reach the goal, it takes about a month until payment.

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

nice, lets hope people donate for this.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Without SMTube, Mplayer will lost a lot of interest...

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=97091#forumpost97091

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

It's small API upgrade, have you read the migration guide?
From v2 api to v3 api, just some name changes from what I can see.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/migration-guide

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

And did you read my linked thread ?

http://forum.smplayer.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7977

PS : i am not SMTube author, I just ported it to OS4 thanks to awesome Alfkill Qt port

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all
I created the bounty, we have to wait for the publication

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 36 »