Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to delete 'Live-Ubuntu' mounted disk (solved)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I unarchived an ISO for Live-Ubunto and it is now permanently on my Workbench screen and will not allow me to delete it, how do I delete it?

When go to information it tells me it is write protected and states I require a passkey to unlock!

I seem to remember doing something like this before but I can't remember how I resolved it, brain gone to mush lol

Edited by sicky on 2014/9/2 14:41:58
SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: How to delete 'Live-Ubuntu' mounted disk
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

Quote:

I unarchived an ISO for Live-Ubunto and it is now permanently on my Workbench screen and will not allow me to delete it, how do I delete it?

When go to information it tells me it is write protected and states I require a passkey to unlock!

I seem to remember doing something like this before but I can't remember how I resolved it, brain gone to mush lol

Is the file mounted with DiskImage? If so got yo SYS:System/DiskImageGUI and remove it. Then you can delete the original iso file if you want to.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
Is the file mounted with DiskImage? If so got yo SYS:System/DiskImageGUI and remove it. Then you can delete the original iso file if you want to.

Yes I believe it is, when I run Diskimage GUI it comes up in the list as Unit 4 ICDO No disk present, how do I remove it?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

How strange, after running DiskimageGUI and selecting disk it is now gone, don't know what I did to remove it, baybe \I hit the 'Delete' button or something?

Go to top
Re: How to delete 'Live-Ubuntu' mounted disk (solved)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
"No disk present", does that not mean the file was already gone?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

Volumes don't disappear unless all files are unlocked, meaning if you have opened a file it might block the volume for dismounting, until the file is closed. Some times programs contains errors that contains files to never unlock, the result is that files can not be over written and in some cases not read until the file is closed. Some file locks are exclusive and some are shared.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post