Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 120

davec555, TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: SSolie quote - "Warp3D is going away"
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@zzd10h
Quote:
Why make secrets about advancments of actives projects?

Because those that invest their money in these projects deserve respect.

Quote:
Why, A-Eon or Hyperion, not officially admit when a project is dead ? (netbook or Warp3D on Radeon HD)

I officially announced the netbook project was cancelled when Hyperion released that information.

Quote:
Therefore, why not release, for example, this pa6t_eth.device driver for every 3000€ x1000 customer since 1 year of beta-testing ?

Again, those that invest their money in the projects get to choose when/if things are released. Not you. Not me.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

You mean the paying customers, deserve respect?

Quote:
Again, those that invest their money in the projects get to choose when/if things are released. Not you. Not me.

How does that work? What is the process how does the beta testers management and developers find out when to release the software?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

I don't get way beta testers can't be more open about what they are testing for some selected none essential things, show some videos, write about progress, way does every thing have to go trow management always.

Hyperion entertainment is not the secret service.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

You mean the paying customers, deserve respect?

What he means is that there are people who putting money into the "development" of products...those deserve to be left unknown (if they ask to be so) and given the sole right to decide whether a product will be shipped, if, and when

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

How does that work? What is the process how does the beta testers management and developers find out when to release the software?

Once the product has reached a state the developers and betatesters agree is fit for release.
It will be given to the one that paid for it's development in the first place (no, not the customers) and let him or her decide...

That is from a POV of a user who neither know whats really going on behind the curtains nor knows anyone of those who pay (maybe Trevor, but i don't know him personally either)

It's called common sense

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

I don't get way beta testers can't be more open about what they are testing for some selected none essential things, show some videos, write about progress, way does every thing have to go trow management always.

Thats the way companies work today...Amiga may be a hobby system, degrading it's only base of success (the OS) to a hobby management will cease development sooner than later.

Just accept that there are people who are able to work towards updating the OS but doesn't want to spend half of their time on fora, blogs or eMail wars with customers

Been there, done that...you know it will only get worse

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Raziel wrote:

Quote:
Thats the way companies work today...Amiga may be a hobby system, degrading it's only base of success (the OS) to a hobby management will cease development sooner than later. Just accept that there are people who are able to work towards updating the OS but doesn't want to spend half of their time on fora, blogs or eMail wars with customers Been there, done that...you know it will only get worse

fully agree and kudos to Steven & his gang for keeping the 'management' side of 'herding cats' (as he affectionately puts it) in a some what manageable situation as proper business should be run.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Maybe part of the problem here is how we define ourselves and others involved with our favorite girlfriend.

*** There were several paragraphs here that I deleted. ***

Since several people have likened the AmigaNG systems as hobby systems, perhaps some views on what a hobbyist is, and what he needs to sustain interest, would be helpful.

(I'll reserve my view for a later post or chime in should someone else have a similar opinion.)

A1-X1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

To be clear, you can consider anything I've said here to be directed at those people who invest their money. They do have my utmost respect and admiration. It's certainly not a cheap endeavor on their end either, and believe me I want them to succeed. I think we can help them by doing more than keeping our eyes and mouths shut. They definitely do not want our wallets shut.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mechanic

Perhaps better suited to its own thread, but...

While looking for a web reference to amateur vs professional (I always recall the basic difference defined as "pay")...

I stumbled upon a term I had not heard before:

Amateur professionalism

Quote:
"people pursuing amateur activities to professional standards"

I find that an interesting concept.

Here's a different spin on amateur vs professional as well.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you are trying to become better at, if you only do the work when you're motivated, then you'll never be consistent enough to become a professional.

Source

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Since this is a great chance to get out any feelings about Amiga which is a part of most
of us, I must say I was a real good amiga supporter in the old days until I sold everything
I had in 2000, I deeply regret that I sold it. but followed Amiga from time to time.
Two years ago i joined, got a new AmigaOne500, something I have dreamed for long time and
everything went like a dream when it comes to hardware and software setup. i also bought two
Classic systems (2x1200).
The problem is, I have not been good at giving developers any good feedbacks, you deserves that.
I would like to thank you all for beeing so active and very good tone you have with each other. It
is really fun to see you working. You all make it happend. So i try to thank some of you that had a
good impact on me as an AmigaOS user, and still letting me use a AmigaNG System

THANK YOU!!

Chris, for your wonderful Netsurf, and kas1e,BSzili & Xenic who have been very
commited and delivered great results in both Dopus5, Odyssey Web Browser, and others.
zzd10h, for the wonderful programs you made, they are really important too me.
LiveForIt for starting on MPlayer, Broadblues for you good software really professional made.
Hans for your GPU knowledge, it's really good we have you in our camp. and of course LyleHaze for
Sound drv & Software. Epsilon for the wonderful Blogs. And All Beta tester.
And a really BIG thank you to Steven Solie and Hyperion,
and likewise to Trevor Dickinson (A-Eon), AmigaKit and Acube.

I have for sure forgotten many good people her, but i had to stop at one point.

As for OS4 Update roadmap issue, i understand both sides, as a user only view, it's easy to loose some
motivation when it is so silent, but i understand. You gave a update on AW.net that surely gave me some
hope and happines:) Still, we are very lucky to have have OS4

thank you guys:)

(sorry for any bad spelling)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Don't know about Warp3D, but this is really intriguing!!!

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 7773023402208084669_n.jpg

Retired
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Yes, there is a thread on this already. http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... php?topic_id=6526&forum=3

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ssolie

just in case I missed it, has the pa6t_eth.device or any other driver for the internal X1000 ethernet been released?

I am in need of a PCI slot.. :(

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1

The last thing i heard was some "official" comment on the driver.

Take that with a grain of salt and lots of time for i don't think it will ever be released (to non-beta-testers)...together with any part (updates, fixes, etc.) of the OS.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Are there any licensing issues that prevent someone from outside Hyperion to write said driver?

Or are everyone with an X1000 just waiting for someone else to do it.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

Are there any licensing issues that prevent someone from outside Hyperion to write said driver?

I wouldn;t think so, so long as you have the right documwentation and skills anyone could do t.

Quote:

Or are everyone with an X1000 just waiting for someone else to do it.

The PCI solution covers the bases for most users, so unlike the HDAudio driver which was more needed the motivation is low.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@benny
Quote:

Did you know about this:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... php?topic_id=7621&forum=4

Nice idea to free up a PCI slot.. I'll keep that in mind. Thx!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)