Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 30 »
Re: Mplayer Altivec test version for G4 and PA6T-1682M
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Or, if you want to check it with sound, just grab ahi_dev.c , it will works for sure with any mplayer version.
libao2/ao_ahi_dev.c works without having to use anything else (amigaos-stuff.c, AmigaOS changes in mplayer.c and other parts)?

Quote:
Probably 120 version of mplayer is better :)
4 or 6 should be enough
non-altivec with AmigaOS GUI, altivec with AmigaOS GUI, non-altivec with MUI GUI, altivec with MUI GUI and maybe Sam4x0 versions with AmigaOS GUI and with MUI GUI.

Quote:
@Joerg
Will you in interst to make vo_comp.c , but with 100% sharing of code ? (we can make some bounty, etc).
I'll change my current pip vo to an amigaos vo which will work on any gfx card, with or without overlay support, anyway, but I don't plan to use compositing in it and duplicate LiveForIt's work.
It will be much faster than the sdl vo and cgx emulation, without compositing about the same speed as the old p96_pip should be possible, but it wont be as fast as my new pip or the comp vo.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I intend to share the code, just want to do some stuff before I do, stop nagging. I have already committed lots of changes, I have not seen anyone else done that in along time.

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/source/list

There is lots of stuff to be fixed (If you want help out), Arexx (bit broken now), (p96 Strohmayer is working on.)

* Reaction GUI stuff move it to where it should be.
* Get the custom GUI stuff working see the official mplayer site.
* Optimizing, Optimizing and Optimizing.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/4/22 17:47:14
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Yes it be nice to clean up the cgx stuff, so people don't need to look for missing header files. Anyway my vo_cgx_wpa is already more picasso96 then cgx, but not yet clean, don't think I can remove the includes yet. Really it should be called “vo_p96_wpa”, but anyway.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Fixed Arexx support, and a startup / exit bug, and some other stuff.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Cool, thanks.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great !

LiveForIt : and do you think, since AltiVec has been used for G4/PA6T and DMA for Sam440/460, that you could try to use Xena to improve even further the decoding process (Xena is a 500Mhz chip if I remember well) ?

BTW I tried to read a DVD and I was asked to assign dvdnav: and a1ide.device:

When assigning them to anywhere (T: for instance), it works but it's really jerky (your Mplayer version was compiled without cache support).

Edited by K-L on 2014/4/25 6:55:15
--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
LiveForIt : and do you think, since AltiVec has been used for G4/PA6T and DMA for Sam440/460, that you could try to use Xena to improve even further the decoding process (Xena is a 500Mhz chip if I remember well) ?

hold your horses, support for AltiVec and DMA comes free, as existing libs are making use of this things automatically.

The use of XENA is undefined, maybe it can be used, maybe it can not, its likely its useless whit out a XZORRO card, whit additional logic chips.

I don't think I have time or interest in specialize on that chip.

Quote:
BTW I tried to read a DVD and I was asked to assign dvdnav: and a1ide.device:

This is new information for me, some one will need to investigate.

Quote:
your Mplayer version was compiled without cache support.

Yes MikeJT has been telling me its some thing I can enable some how, I was thinking of investigating, but have not done so yet.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/4/25 14:23:05
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
New beta version: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ftv3i
I've added the ahi_dev ao from the code.google.com MPlayer version and fixed some bugs in it (untested), and support for gfx cards without overlay.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How can I unpack a .xz -archive.O.K. I found a tool at OS4 Depot.

Edited by Younghippie on 2014/4/25 20:23:55
SAM 460 @ 1150 Mhz , 2GB RAM, 1TB HD +250 GB HD, 4x SATA Controller,Club 3D R7 250 + Warp3D Driver,PCIe 7.1 Soundcard,Fractal Design Define R3 artic white,AmigaOS 4.1FE, Ultra Accounts ,Mace, Dir me up, Gimp ,YAM. Turboprint 7.6
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Younghippie

you've got two options. either you can use the xzdec command line tool (link) or use chris young's xz client for unarc (link), which is what i do. note that the latter needs lzma.library installed.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

The BEST version for Sam440. Really fast (BTW AHI_DEV working flawlessly).

Missing the FullScreen (and maybe streaming) option but really impressive work !

You all make a very impressive and hard work. Promise, I'll give next to each of you

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Very good version, sound now works as expected, however not perfect yet, if you put a video in pause you will got a strange audio delay, aka the last second of the sound (exactly when you paused it) will be repeated, not a big issue but still

Also i noted that you have removed the Mute option, maybe because it was too mutch bugged for now ?

But apart that this version seems very good, just (as we should have already all the source in repo) i wonder if step by step it will be possible for you to re-enabled all the missing features we had in the the original afxgroup's version, infact for now with your version it isn't possible to use MPlayerGUI (audio start but video are not displayed even if you set p96_pip) .. then double-click for fullscreen, drag&drop etc

But great work for sure, well done mate

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Very good version, sound now works as expected, however not perfect yet, if you put a video in pause you will got a strange audio delay, aka the last second of the sound (exactly when you paused it) will be repeated, not a big issue but still
I can't test anything audio related, I don't have speakers connected to my Sam440ep. Roman wrote it's working without having to use anything else from the code.google.com MPlayer version, but that's obviously not the case.

Quote:
Also i noted that you have removed the Mute option, maybe because it was too mutch bugged for now ?
As I wrote already it depends on the ARexx port which isn't included.
I'm using the original mplayerhq.hu SVN sources, nothing (except for the ahi_dev ao now) from any AmigaOS port of MPlayer, and there is no ARexx port in the original version of MPlayer.

Quote:
i wonder if step by step it will be possible for you to re-enabled all the missing features we had in the the original afxgroup's version
Except for the "Mute" and "On top" menu items, which depend on the ARexx parts, it has everything my old p96_pip had I implemented for afxgroup's MPlayer version 1.0pre8. That's the one I used as base for my new vo, I have no idea what he added to it in later versions of his MPlayer.
Merging my parts with the code.google.com MPlayer is only possible after Varthall has updated it to the current MPlayer version, I wont do a backport to the ancient version currently used there.

Quote:
infact for now with your version it isn't possible to use MPlayerGUI (audio start but video are not displayed even if you set p96_pip)
It was never "p96_pip" in my MPlayer executables but "pip", starting with beta6 it's "amiga" instead.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eliyahu

getting file not found for lzma.library over at aminet ?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Yes MikeJT has been telling me its some thing I can enable some how, I was thinking of investigating, but have not done so yet.
If it's the changes in r38 enabling CONFIG_STREAM_CACHE that's enabled in my MPlayer versions as well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
I can't test anything audio related, I don't have speakers connected to my Sam440ep. Roman wrote it's working without having to use anything else from the code.google.com MPlayer version, but that's obviously not the case.

But kas1e was right because sound indeed work, my report was only about this little glitch when you put a video in pause .. but it's not too problematic and even as is it's 100% usable (for sure better than no audio at all)

Quote:
As I wrote already it depends on the ARexx port which isn't included.
I'm using the original mplayerhq.hu SVN sources

Ok

Quote:
Except for the "Mute" and "On top" menu items, which depend on the ARexx parts, it has everything my old p96_pip had I implemented for afxgroup's MPlayer version 1.0pre8. That's the one I used as base for my new vo

So even at beginning the repo was useless for you ? i though you were used the latest versions from there, not an old release from your hard disk

Quote:
I have no idea what he added to it in later versions of his MPlayer

Here is the full changelog of the afxgroup releases:

http://www.amigasoft.net/pages/mplayer/history.asp

All that modifications since yours 1.0pre8 should be already availible in repo, that's why i ask if eventually you were able to re-enable them, just i didn't though that you started from an old source instead, but still

Quote:
Merging my parts with the code.google.com MPlayer is only possible after Varthall has updated it to the current MPlayer version, I wont do a backport to the ancient version currently used there.

Right, maybe LiveForIt when he have the time .. hope it will not too mutch difficult, but if that results in a future merge between the various efforts i think it will worth for sure!

Quote:
It was never "p96_pip" in my MPlayer executables but "pip", starting with beta6 it's "amiga" instead.

Ah ok clear now, problem is that with the name changed as "amiga" it's now currently incompatible with the latest version of the GUI (1.51)

Edited by samo79 on 2014/4/26 0:56:30
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
So even at beginning the repo was useless for you ?
I read https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amig ... owse/trunk/notes_amigaos4 and yes, something like that is useless and just a waste of time, especially since, except for having to change a few things in config.h manually after running configure, using the original mplayerhq.hu SVN sources simply works, without such a mess. They just don't include much AmigaOS parts (a few are there).

Quote:
i though you were used the latest versions from there, not an old release from your hard disk
I'm using the current SVN MPlayer sources from mplayerhq.hu, only my new amiga vo is partially (menus, keyboard input, etc.) based on my old p96_pip vo sources.

Quote:
All that modifications since yours 1.0pre8 should be already availible in repo,
Most of it very likely only works with the old MPlayer version used there, not with a current one, therefore I can't use it until it's updated to the current MPlayer.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
infact for now with your version it isn't possible to use MPlayerGUI

mplayer-gui dose work, just set video and audio to default.

But I can't get full screen to work.

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

Varthall will not update it, as he busy for last years, and didn't do anything with it.

But anyway, probably backporting of your current p96_pip version to code on googlecode, will be the same as using ahi_dev on new one : i.e. almost no changes will need it, just few. At least i can use almost without changes your old p96_pip and on 2 years old mplayer sources, and on latest one, with simple changes.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 30 »