Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 16 »
Re: fastfix for 1.23
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
check prefs:url and you will get it (there also was thread where i even post screenshots how to setup url prefs). url prefs have 5 tabs ; file, http, https, mailto and co. in every one you add what apps you want to be shown in that requester where you choice browser. for odyssey copy all as for owb in all five tabs just add it for odyssey name

and that all about urlopen. no need to worry about arexx. but if you need arexx then you use openurl. odyssey already can be used by both. all works automatically for you before because url come with configure for ib, owb and whatever.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok added Odyssey and now Launch-Handler works as expected, but mailto links does not, and at the moment i can't find you old post ..
Can you show me a grab of your config ?

Maybe a little how-to (per images) should be added in the next version of Odyssey

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
odyssey 1.24 for Morphos is out now. Do we get an update for AmigaOs too?

Edited by tommysammy on 2014/4/15 16:31:34
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
lame howtos are lame ) try to find how to make it works

@tommy
nope, i will wait for some revisions more probably, as that all take lots of time as you can see.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
lame howtos are lame ) try to find how to make it works

But it's more lame if 50% of users (statistic!) will just abandon the idea after 10 minutes of "no-luck" trying ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
plz stop asking me to include not related stuff. just accept my choice and skip it. feel free to create docs with copy paste of other docs and upload them for helgis )

i close suggestion about url as invalid for now

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
As far as I can tell, you're right; Odessey mailto doesn't work. I checked with Snoopy and nothing happens when I click that mailto link. I copied that link and entered it in the "Test" window of URL prefs and it worked. I used the same copied link with the "OpenURL" command and it works. I think if Odessey were sending that link correctly to OS4 URL or to OpenURL, it should be working.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Ok added Odyssey and now Launch-Handler works as expected, but mailto links does not, and at the moment i can't find you old post.

For some reason there is no (no obvious way at least) handling of mailto: links in any of the MUI-OWB versions. This is a real weakness in the application.

IBrowse, old though it may be, has a section in the Preferences for the user to decide how mailto: links are handled, internally, externally or via OpenURL. There seems to be no equivalent setting for mailto: in Odyssey, clicking a mailto: link does absolutely nothing.

Does the MorphOS version allow the use of mailto: links ? If so maybe something broke in the conversion process ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Tried here too a couple of MAILTO: links and OS4 Odyssey V1.23 doesn't do anything.

BTW can the UserScripts (javascripts) be used in such case, I mean redirecting MAILTO: links to URL/OpenURL/whatever_you_want?

Find that if you use Odyssey preferences 'Context menus' and you add
CATEGORY: Link
LABEL: MailTo (YAM)
ACTION: URLOpen %l

it works (sort of), you must click RMB to get conext menu and shows a new entry "MailTo (YAM)" and in my case it opens YAM (as I configured so in URL prefs)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

There was big mistake from me in code : openurl didn't works at all before: i like a sucker forget to open openurl.library. Doh!

What works for us, its default inbuild urlopen (prefs:url), because it have no needs to open 3d party libs and way it handle apps not based on arexx, so, http/https/etc stuff just works as it, without needs to do anything else in code.

Mailto also should works, even if i forget to open openurl.library, if not that code:

/* MailTo */

DEFSMETHOD(OWBApp_MailTo)
{
    if(
OpenURLBase)
    {

struct TagItem tagitem;

tagitem.ti_Data 0;

tagitem.ti_Tag  TAG_END;

URL_OpenA((char *) msg->url, &tagitem);
    }

return 
0;
}

As you can see, code do check for urlopenbase, and if, then. But, as i just (sucker) forget to openurl.library at all, then of course that never works. And openurl support never works too, all what works for us its just default urlopen, because it use pure arguments of app and that all.

So ! Now, i add opening of openurl.library, and with openurl malto: works as should.

Through, if openurl used only for "open of urls" , and without having of it all works fine , i may just get rid of it in whole, and use our inbuild urlopen fully. I.e. just did not open openurl.library at all, and deal with that code to works without openurl.library too.

Question is: is openurl offer something really necessary, what inbuild urlopen didn't ? I mean, its in end of all just to open urls. With or without openurl arexx port of odyssey works as before, and you can use the same set of commands as before with no problems.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

There was big mistake from me in code : openurl didn't works at all before: i like a sucker forget to open openurl.library. Doh!

What works for us, its default inbuild urlopen (prefs:url), because it have no needs to open 3d party libs and way it handle apps not based on arexx, so, http/https/etc stuff just works as it, without needs to do anything else in code.

Mailto also should works, even if i forget to open openurl.library, if not that code:

just for the record - the os4 urlopen also does not work.
as others already mentioned running snoopy does not show any action when clicking on a mailto link.

regards...
michael

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@michael
? that what i say in previous post and show code which handle mailto and explain why it didnt work even for default urlopen (check how i wrote it: it should if not only that code (which make it fail) ). code check if openurl.library base fine (so its open) and then do mailto.

@all
so any real benefits in compare openurl with os4s urlopen ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Maybe you can upload a new fastfix with already openur_lib code and let users "vote".
Or don't know if changing with a simple/lame function that just passes/uses 'C:URL msg->url' is enough to use OS4's urlopen

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Time for another fixes.

beta001:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uv1ymw

What in:

previously support of openurl.library was totaly broken and didn't works. We just was able to use inbuild for os4 urlopen for most of protocols, but not for mailto support. Also seems defaul inbuild to os4 urlopen can't open new tabs on already opened browsers (at least i tests joerg's owb, crhis's netsurf and odyssey).

So, i make openurl works as on morphos, as well as add fat-nice-gui error-warning window on running if you didn't have openurl.library installed.

After you will install openurl, you go to prefs:openurl, and in Mailers , do for example for simplemail that:

--definitions:
Name: SimpleMail
Path: Work:SimpleMail/SimpleMail
ARexx port: SIMPLEMAIL (big letters necessary)

--ARexx commands:
Show: SHOW
To Front: SCREENTOFRONT
Write mail: MAILWRITE MAILTO="%a" SUBJECT="%s"

Last line taken from simple mail guide, so, if you need YAM, then you refer to YAM guide.

Registered with application.library, so to have all bonuses from later automatically

Added ringhio support (yeah!), for all the downloads: done, fail and chancel.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Nice ! Thanks !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
i close suggestion about url as invalid for now

So you see, it seems i was right
Thanks for the update, now that you add Ringhio you can also close the ticket 626, however if you have the time would be nice if you can complete it adding also a little Odyssey icon into the notification window (just eye candy aniway but it's usefull in case you have multiple notifications at the same time)

For the next beta you might also include:

- The new TopSites_Grid.html from Sinisrus, the default one was broken
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=88743#forumpost88743

- Update to the latest codeset.library 6.18 (current one in OWB archive is the old 6.17)

- Make the remained (new) strings translable ?

Good job

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

So you see, it seems i was right

Half of: urlopen still works even before, just mailto was broken as refers on openurl. Check new poll: vote

Quote:

would be nice if you can complete it adding also a little Odyssey icon into the notification window

Yes, that what i think to do too, as its a bit too empty now.

Quote:

The new TopSites_Grid.html from Sinisrus, the default one was broken

Dunno if it broken ? Probably just works different ? As if it broken, Fab should be noted to fix it on original too.

Quote:

Make the remained (new) strings translable ?

Which ones ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
just mailto was broken as refers on openurl

Yes i meant that one, not the others .. before i even didn't know how to configure them, but then when i understand how to, i wasn't able to use the mailto .. so yes that were a general question, but then also a report that help you to find the issue

Quote:
Dunno if it broken ? Probably just works different ? As if it broken, Fab should be noted to fix it on original too.

Well, that new page from sinisrus seems better formatted, not a problem aniway

Quote:
Which ones ?

Well just for that one:

- For the new "fat-nice-gui error-warning" window you added about openurl.library

- And for the 2 remained strings inside the Ringhio window (download completed and download cancelled)

So we will have the full browser properly translated :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home