Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Radeon 9250 drivers for SAM440ep
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As per title. Recently i bought a 9250 for my little SAM and thought i would give it a go yesterday but found out that i don't have any drivers to be put in my DEVS/MONITORS drawer. I thought that this came by default with AOS 4.1 but even though i also checked all the updates, no such driver is found. Does anybody know if it's hidden somewhere in the system or even better, could somebody mail me the driver? Thanks in advance

Go to top
Re: Radeon 9250 drivers for SAM440ep
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Should come with the OS. What does the screen look like without the drivers running? Have you tried booting from the OS4.1 Update 1 CD and seeing if it works there?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@portarinos

Just in case your unfamiliar or overlooked the obvious...

Did you check sys:storage/monitors ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues
I already checked there but there is nothing more than a Voodoo driver. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I shall do what Mick JT suggested and try to find any drivers in the original OS cd. I didn't try to boot with the cd and see what happens but when i have the Radeon on all i get is a corrupted screen and nothing happens. Seems obvious to me since i haven't tweaked anything yet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@portarinos

I don't think the 9250 will speed up your gfx, afaik the pci is running at 33mhz. Never tried a 9250 myself. But did try a radeonhd pci card. Did work but was slow.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I looked at doing this with a Radeon 9200. Basically, besides getting more GFX mem, it was not worth it for me.

http://forums.amigaos.net/viewtopic.p ... d1ae52681d86d9291a66b0856

It is doable since I tried it out anyway due to curiosity. From memory you need to change the monitor tool type to the name of the card ie. Radeon 9250. There is also a setting in UBoot you can change to use PCI GFX instead of onboard.

Sorry, I am at work and it was some time ago when I did this. I do remember it started having problems with the later AmigaOS4.1 updates which is another reason I stopped bothering with it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique Quote:
I don't think the 9250 will speed up your gfx, afaik the pci is running at 33mhz.

It WILL speed-up things in CERTAIN cases: Mainly when the Sam440's built-in 64MB of video ram runs out (so Picasso96 has to start storing graphics in non-video ram, which is slooow), a Radeon 9250 with 128MB (or more) would be faster.

You are more likely to run out of 64MB of video ram if you use 24/32-bit screens, and have Compositing enabled. I got good results by just using 16-bit screens, and disabling Compositing (except for Workbench thanks to a trick which I probably posted years ago).

3D games (especially Quake 3) tend to be very hungry for video ram, so most likely to benefit from Radeon 9250 in that case.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post