Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I agree with liveforit. The 2D compositing engine on RadeonHD cards is very powerful yet hugely under utilised. I hope that someone is looking into a way of getting more from it.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joeg
Quote:

Roman refuses to port Odyssey to AmigaOS, simply builds your MorphOS sources with -D__MORPHOS__ -D__USE_UINLINE__ instead and of course your MorphOS code can't work on AmigaOS.

There not matter if i use __MORPHOS__ or __USE_INLINE__, as its about mediaplayer, which done for CGX5. Pure parts which not use CGX5 extensions of course works on aos4 as we have cgx emulation (and it of course was taking in account when we worry with it). But (and of course, and very expected), cgx5 code can't works on aos4, it is wellknown and i say it many times: need somehow who will write p96 replacement. But taking again in account how made a p96 overlay code be works not just in fullscreen, but attached buttons for mediaplayer control on it : that question to p96 proffesionals who should rewrite cgx5 version of mediplauyer to p96 , so i can just add it to odyssey port.

Maybe you ?

@ddni

To be clear : we need 2 different kind of code: one, if for p96 with overlay support (So older cards will have overlay), and another case its for radeonHD.

Who will write it ? Anyone who have time, interest, and will not fallback after few days of work feel free to write me mail

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Is there any other way to display pip then as pip window?
Yes, but it's not required for full screen PIP (simply use a borderless PIP window).

Quote:
Is there any point in investing time on pip96 API, when the newer graphic cards do not have it.

Clearly the way forward should be Composition or some other type of 3D accelerated video output scaling.
Ideally it should support both methods, AFAIK at least in the public versions of the Radeon and Raqdeon HD drivers YUV compositing isn't supported yet, but the Radeon driver supports PIP, and there are old graphics cards like Voodoo and IIRC Permedia2 which support PIP but will never get compositing support.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

Yes, but it's not required for full screen PIP.

Check morphos screenshots of overlay video in odyssey : it is possible to do same with p96 ? (i.e. still odyssey window, with attached buttons of mediaplayer right on the overlay window) ?

@all
You know where source code it, feel free to start invistigate mediplayer parts (Can point out on exactly files).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Maybe you ?
Of course I could do it, but why should I work on software I'll never use myself? I don't even have MUI installed any more, I had to remove it because some beta versions of it required installing an incompatible bz2.library which broke more important software here.

For example using my p96 code from MPlayer should work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joeg
Quote:

Of course I could do it, but why should I work on software I'll never use myself? I don't even have MUI installed any more, I had to remove it because some beta versions of it required installing an incompatible bz2.library which broke more important software here.

Maybe BZ to MUI then ?

Quote:

For example using my p96 code from MPlayer should work.

Nope, its too simple , and its pure fullscreen without attaching of button on it. I.e. that about what Fab says when says p96 limitation api : you can't easy (as with cgx5), just have overlay window with all fancy gui button on it at the same time.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I have done some thing like that once, but it was a long time ago, I head to write my own routines to convert RGB to PIP, and plot the pixels my self.

I'm more interested in Composition as its easier to do what you want to do, and its the future.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Nope, its too simple , and its pure fullscreen without attaching of button on it.
Obviously you have to add things like that.

Quote:
you can't easy (as with cgx5), just have overlay window with all fancy gui button on it at the same time.
Of course you can.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

You can hex edit your important software and force it to open a library whit a different name XX2.library or some thing.

Then change the name of the bz2.library and recompile it, I gess you have access to the source code.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I was impressed that even embedded YouTube videos work - well done! Playback speed pretty good on X1000 as long as don't try to use 720p(!), although CPU is 100% on anything above 240p (so I guess it skips frames at 480p).

I found that spoofing as Firefox 25 works best (in general - maybe a few videos need IPad spoofing, but then you get a wierd UI & resolution).

The Youtube HTML5 *script* seemed to actually reduce compatibility for me (if anything). The Youtube EZ Downloader does allow downloading though (unlike Odyssey v1.16).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Try the Youtube-center script that fab mentioned. It is very very good.
I get perfect 360 playback on my x1000.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
You can hex edit your important software and force it to open a library whit a different name XX2.library or some thing.
Changing correctly working software just because the MUI authors used a broken bz2.libary???

Quote:
Then change the name of the bz2.library and recompile it, I gess you have access to the source code.
Yes, the sources of the correct bz2.library which was used that way since nearly 10 years already, as well as the sources of the new and broken (no idea if it was fixed in the mean time) MUI bz2.library. But MUI is just way too unimportant to bother.
In case there will be some important MUI software sometime, for example SimpleMail with online IMAP support, or YAM, whichever is first, and the MUI bz2.library is still broken I'd patch MUI and it's bz2.library instead, but surely not any other software.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Embedded videos are actually nice on Wikipedia. Ogg support on and there you go.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thematic.

Thanks, the wikipedia videos are great!

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thank you too Samo79 for your documentation (Odyssey Doc available on OS4Depot).

It should be included in the main archive, no ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Well but if you fell that somethings can be broken why you didn't report it yet ?

As OS4 developer you should have an easy access for the internal OS4 mailing list i presume, but in case you haven't you can always open a ticket to: http://muidev.de/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Yes infact i wrote it with this intention, but for the things to include you should ask kas1e.
He decide what should be in archive and what's not

btw glad you like it

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
@joerg

Well but if you fell that somethings can be broken why you didn't report it yet ?
I did, several times, the MUI developers just didn't care that their incompatible bz2.library breaks a lot of software.
Maybe it was fixed meanwhile, but I don't care to test their MUI any more either.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Next thing I'm going to read is that beta testers, don't care anymore to test software because there are bugs

LOL

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

that their incompatible bz2.library breaks a lot of software.

What one for example ? I mean "a lot" should mean "a lot", but as far as i can see all my apps which i use works as before.

@zzd10h & samo

There is nothing in that "documentation" at all : its copy + paste of what in the readme. Add to that it have some text from old readmes (which i remove from last builds specially, as it lame), as well, as there is "bugs.html" file, which strange as well : half of bugs (or all?) not here anymore, and those ones which are (if), should be on bugs.os4depot.net, not in some strange file, in some archive, which no one need as all what users need already in readme of main archive. Same for suggestions. If Fab will have interest in, he know where bugs.os4depot.net placed already. What the reasons to have that bugs.html at all if it wrong, very old , and there is bugs.os4depot.net for it ?

Including that copy+paste things (even if it "a bit modified" and converted to html (woah!) ), together with all that "bugs" file which are years old to main archive will be lame of course and in general make no sense at all.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 72 »