Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I would be pleased if the mediaplayer bug fixed somehow. Hate all the crashes/freezes :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vistaus
Given how old Odyssey 1.23 is, I'm sure we'd all like to see a more up-to-date version...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Btw, what exactly is holding up development, if I may ask? If money's involved somehow, then I can donate quite a lot to get things moving :)

Edited by Vistaus on 2015/10/6 15:31:19
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Vistaus

yea..me too in the same boat

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
maybe only kas1e can tell us...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Two thing that I'd like to see is in future versions are that when you restore the session only one tab will load, only one site and then only when you click on a tab. This is how FF works and it makes it faster at startup because of it and also it saves RAM. The other thing is that when I close a tab it doesn't return RAM, only when I quit Odyssey. I don't dare to use it too heavily because of this (not have too many tabs open).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@hotrod

About the memory usage: Webkit caches all memory it uses. It never frees anything back to the system, but if you close one tab and open another, the memory will be reused.

It would be very nice with Load-on-click for tabs when restoring a session though.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Deniil

Funny I hadn't realized the reusing. I guess I won't quit the browser then if I move from a heavy site to a ... less heavy one.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

It always has been. :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@terminills

Has it? Then why do people keep moaning about no updates? Surely somebody can build an OS4 version from that source?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
Quote:

Has it?

Yep it has, i even year (or more?) ago was noticed about, and have few mails with Deadwood about, where we agree that i can just send them os4 patches, they (fab and deadwood) will revisied it and apply if all ok.

But then, new problem arise about which everyone told in last year : latest webkits changes broken JS for big endian. As you can see, there was 1.25 release for AROS only, and that is because Fab didn't deal at moment with that problems. Deadwood lately create bounty for, but as there wasn't too much fuzz about and intrest from users and developers, it didnt come up to anything good, so we only can wait when Fab will deal with ?:)

Quote:

Surely somebody can build an OS4 version from that source?

Of course. Its just need time, interest and motivation. There through will need to make the same as we do before: aos4 specific changes there and there, not a lot now, as our mui is good enough now, but still. As well as there is problems to build all the 3d party deps normally, some are pretty specific. As well as if any didn't have expirience with cross-compilation and all that build processes that will be pain too. But all possible of course. Probably for you as aos4 Netsurf author it will be twice easy :)

Edited by kas1e on 2016/1/7 12:21:22
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
Deadwood lately create bounty for, but as there wasn't too much fuzz about and intrest from users and developers, it didnt come up to anything good

I can't think it was advertised or described very well. Was there ever any news item(s) here or AW.net?

If it was described as bounty for solving the main issue that is blocking the release of updated Odyssey for OS4 (and MOS), then I think would get more attention.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH
You are probably right, since most people don't even know that they broke the big endian support in the latest Webkit.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But then, new problem arise about which everyone told in last year : latest webkits changes broken JS for big endian.

Yes true , Tobias Netzel on Leopard Webkit found really difficult to patch the Js engine on webkit for work on Pmacs ... Many scripts make the browser hang and crash.

In any way the leopard webkit perform really good in the majority of the last websites ... if we dont count facebook chat where webkit crash.

Im spoking about r 600.8.2 i dont know what webkit is used by Odyssey 537 (?)

Changing browser

I can for sure say one thing the Teen4Fox is working really good on my PowerMAc and is based on Geko... never crash, no problems with video play on youtube or facebook ...an thinking why no one had been ask to Cameron Kaiser to enter in the dev group for make a porting on amigaos (Cameron know really well Amiga ) ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@terminills
I'm aware of that. It's not a NEWS item, but a forum thread. Quite a different thing, and easily not seen.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
...so we only can wait when Fab will deal with ?:)

Ok, but while we wait maybe you could update the current version 1.23 ?
Just today deadwood claimed to have fixed some important memory leak issues and he also optimized a bit the memory usage !

Probably all that changes can be reused also in our old version with little or zero changes, see:

http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/vi ... t_id=97968#forumpost97968

Also still of course many old minor issues that you could fix ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
I found sources of 1.23 on old hdd, and apply patches which deadwood send me. You and others may try it (only binary, replace one from 1.23 install): https://www.sendspace.com/file/7kfpi7

Through i do not know what differences should be. At least deadwood told on aros-exec, that after visiting and leaving gmail memory wasn't freed, so probably gmail can be good test case.

Tell me if anything changes in good way, so i can reupload 1.23 archive with new binary.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok downloading now, will report my impression soon
Aniway no chance to have fixes for other very ancient issues we reported ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 72 »