Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 40 41 42 (43) 44 45 46 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
I didn't see sources of 1.24 online

After $7627 was raised for the Odyssey bounty, I thought Fab was going to release the source code of all future versions of Odyssey:

https://power2people.org/projects/odyssey/
Quote:
If this project is successfully funded, and as long as the resulting ports stay true to the original version of the Odyssey Web Browser in terms of user experience and feature sets, Fabien Coeurjoly plans to share all source code that he will develop himself for future versions of Odyssey Web Browser for free.

I therefore assumed that OS4 being stuck on Odyssey 1.23 was due to our developers (esp. you) being rather busy...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

I thought Fab was going to release the source code of all future versions of Odyssey

He release 1.25 version, which is last one, on github, which have endian issues, because of which he didn't release 1.25 for morphos, and because of which we don't have it on os4 as well.

Quote:

I therefore assumed that OS4 being stuck on Odyssey 1.23 was due to our developers (esp. you) being rather busy...

Probably you wasn't involved in those discussions everywhere in last year, but new version of webkit have problems with endianes in JS related code. Until they not fixed, webkit will crash on big endian machines almost on every modern site. There and on amigaworld, and on morphzone few threads about, to summorize which: everyone hope that someone (like Fab) will deal with it :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Yes I was aware of the JS-endian issues... but I see that we are on 1.23, while 1.24 was released for MorphOS:
https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2131.html

(And discussion on the previous page of this thread mentioned 1.24...)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Probably he just skip 1.24 and put latest code which he have on github in hope that someone else will help with those ppc problems too. But i got what you mean :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Many thanks for Odyssey 1.23r4. It works fantastic with Google Plus and Facebook. I use it on AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6.

Resized Image

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

@Raziel
Quote:
Quote:

I just talked to a MorphOS User about my router problem and (as he has nearly the same setup as me) he is still able to access his router (with the same firmware) but he's using Odyssey 1.24//MorphOS.

He also tried it with Sputnik and gets the same error message.

You may ask him to try 1.23 morphos version.

If it will not works on 1.23, but work on 1.24 => webkit problem. If it will works on 1.23 on mos, then or porting-to-aos4-problem, or something with settings.

Just now got the reply from him and he's also not able to log in (getting the error screen) with MorphOS OWB 1.23.

So it's definitely an update to the code i need.

Anything new regarding a possible 1.24/1.25 update for AmigaOS4?

Thank you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:

Anything new regarding a possible 1.24/1.25 update for AmigaOS4?

I thinking about making 1.24 port as well (through i didn't see sources of that version), but there (in 1.23) so many aos4 specific changes already, that making same for 1.24, and then for 1.25 pretty time consuming. From another hand, 1.25 still have those big-endian issuess and as far as i know, MacOS/ppc versions of latest webkit still crashes, so no one still fix them properly (what meant till that not done, there no big needs in compiling 1.25 version).

I do not know what we can do for now. Deadwood says that probably it can be better to make aos4 version of 1.25, even if it will crashes all the time and will be unusable and be in hope that someone will someday fix webkit for big-endianes, and then we can update code. But then, it can be never done, so (imho) better to wait when webkit will be fixed (for macos, or morphos or whatever), and then.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
I thinking about making 1.24 port as well ... but there (in 1.23) so many aos4 specific changes already, that making same for 1.24 ... pretty time consuming.

I don't know the code, but I wonder if it is possible to rewrite the 1.23 changes for OS4, such that they are mostly (new includes containing) #defines that modify procedure calls (to be OS4 friendly)? Then it would be easier to reuse such changes for 1.24/1.25.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just a few days ago, i was able to use Odyssey both when signing in to DNB (Norwegian bank using bank-id through a small authenticator) and when logging in to NAV and Digipost (also uses the same authentication)

Now i get javascript and cookie error. The js error is something "deflected.xss" and the cookie and auth ssl key is for another domain. Also when opening the cookies window in Odyssey, and search for the cookie, ALL the cookies under that domain three says they expire 1. jan 01:59.:59 1970

A friend of mine, very into Linux and Debian, responded very sceptic to the .xss warning, saying he would have turned off the computer and not entered any more passwords or personal information.

Anyways...

Odyssey worked both in DNB, NAV and Digipost WITH bankid (electronic authenticator) before i upgraded to 1.23r4, BUT... NOW it works with youtube and google services...

Weird

(NAV = www.nav.no - An governmental site for unemployment. there's a login button at top right, which opens a window to different authentication options. the "BankID" one is number two. fails with a timeout)

(DNB = dnb.no - an online bank. There's a field on top right where you can enter a birthdate which opens the same auth window as NAV and times out with same error).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Shamron
I tried your NAV link and I get all the way to the point where it has and input box for a User ID. It did take about 10 seconds to find a bank ID before I got there and I don't know where it got a bank ID for me.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
http://www.aftonbladet.se/ cause an ISI error.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
and I don't know where it got a bank ID for me.

Well you can get a BankID, if you make bank account in a Norwegian bank.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Just noticed today by some luck that when MUI is expired, odyssey just bring necessary window about needs of updating, and then just crashes heavy. So fixed the crash, and if anyone want it, there is just a binary which you use instead of old binary from os4depot's version of odyssey:

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/odyssey/temp/01.lha

For question about "is it possible to update to new webkit core" answer is no, because we all know why. All we can do now it just add some little cosmetic and little fixes there and there to that version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yeah finally ... mate it wasn't an unknow bug ... i reported to you loooong ago (2014) ))

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=896

Aniway about the update, how about try to obtain the 1.24 source ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Isn't the "we all know why" reason the fact that all newer versions of webkit are little endian and no manpower left to convert it?

Or is someone hogging the sources and won't share? (Maybe i missed something?)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo,Raziel
1.24 was last working version from fab on morpho,but its not much better than 1.23, just few months later webkit. I asked few times about back in times, but have no answer.

Anyway, even if got 1.24 source, spending so much work to report everything just because of only few month better webkit make no sense.

As for all newer versions : we all know why. There is no any opensource version of odyssey with fresh webkit, even with broken endianes. Morphos devs for sure will not share code if they will made it any day.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

The first you said ...

@kas1e

We may ask Bigfoot from now on .. actually he is working on JIT so for sure he have the original source of 1.24 ... or, eventually we may wait until he finish his JIT and then for ... (laaater) ask him for the whole mumbojumbo

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Yeah, right :) Who will ask bigfoot, and why you think he will give anything to anyone ? I am sure he will share nothing, and i for sure will not be person crying for sources. And 1.24 make no sense in general, its the same as 1.23 years old.

As for jit version, i not sure it worth of it. As i read on morphzone its more buggy than non jit one, and i cant imagine anyone can deal with all that beast alone, and seeing how not fast it develops, i doubt jit version it will be finished to the bug-free state.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

In Italy we said. why you have to wrap your head before you have broken it ?
I mean let's see how it evolve, as for 1.24 yeah it's not a big update compared to 1.23, however it's better than nothing

As for the current version, well what we miss are the speelcheck library and the of course a fixed video support .. something can be done with them while we wait (and hope) for future versions ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Kas1e,

Thank you for this bugfix, I'm really appreciating it.
Is code need to be optimised to have an altivec version of odyssey or is it a thing that could be done during compilation?
A fix for the Odyssey media-player would be welcome ;)!

Keep up the good work!
Regards,
Petrol

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 40 41 42 (43) 44 45 46 ... 72 »