Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Joystick/gamepad usable for os4
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have purchased m.a.c.e and ordered the new game dvd. But playing m.a.c.e with the keyboard is boring. I was wondering if there are any sticks/pads that can be used with amiga games?

X5000
Go to top
Re: Joystick/gamepad usable for os4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

we recomend the Xeox Pro from Speedlink for our games.

Data:
Xeox Pro Analog Gamepad USB, Speedlink, SL6556-BK.

http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=4132&pid=28040&paus=1

there are two versions. one with cable, one wireless. The wireless versions has some problems here on my sam460, sometimes the connection is interrupted while plazing. We have no problems with it on the X1000, works well there also with two of them in 2 plazer mode. On back of the jozpad zou have also to set the button to "D".

We also tried other gamepads, works also well. One Microsoft gamepad, one cheap noname.

Very importing is to calibrate the device before playing in "AmigaInput".

Some customers also play with the USB version of the "competition pro" joystick.

http://www.amiga-shop.net/product_info.php?products_id=437

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've not bought MACE yet, but with other games I have good success with Logitech game pads. The model I currently use is: Logitech G-UF13A
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/288?osid=14&bit=64

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Actually, I've been using many joypads and all have been worink flawlessly (from the unknown one named Genius Maxfire to the well known Saitek P220).

As say Imagodespira, the most important thing to do is calibrating and then assigning your joypad to a lowlevel port (and assign buttons). Once done, you are ok !

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi guys,

i've a Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 which works very well !

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sofistisoftware

i had been buy a joypad usb from a china shop i pay it 5 euro and working great on os4.1 8)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Logitech wireless Dual Action Gamepad (F710) working great here since OS4.1 Update 1 update

Edited by 328gts on 2019/12/31 20:40:36
Edited by 328gts on 2019/12/31 20:41:22
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@logicalheart

The Logitech Dual Action joypad (G-UF13A) is what I have also been using to play MACE. I found it good to use.

Being able to kick back and playing an old school style SHUMP on the Amiga felt good. Just remember to calibrate the joystick before play ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have tried to search a list of working joypads for AmigaOS 4 but only found a bunch of random threads (like this). Is there any official list?

I have a Competition Pro USB which works but is quite "clunky" and naturally has only one stick. Xbox wired controller is not recognized.

Looking for a twinstick pad mostly.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Capehill

I see what you mean, after browsing online for a general purpose controller. They seem to be bluetooth wap. :(

Sony's Dualshock 3 doesn't seem to work (calibration not working etc.) so the wireless makes are probably out.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Got myself a Logitech F310. Basic pad, seems to work nicely. Cost about 30 euros.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tested Xbox One and Steam controllers with USB cable. They are recognized by the USB stack but not by AmigaInput.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Capehill

The Xbox one i suspect is like the Xbox360 one and supports Xinput which means that the pad won't work under OS4. To be sure of any pad working with OS4, i would probably go for one that has a switch between X and Direct input similar to what you will see at the bottom of the Logitech F-310 and the Xeox pads i've tested in my review.

Amigaone X5000 AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tried one more thing, a Speedlink Torid gamepad. Unfortunately I didn't too much research because it's a wireless one. It has dual-mode operation (Xinput/DirectInput): once again the USB stack recognizes controller in both modes but AmigaInput doesn't.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Regarding AmigaInput and Logitech F310 pad, I'm not sure how to calibrate the right stick properly. This pad has 4 axis.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong when calibrating but the behaviour becomes "digital" and only partially working, so that only left and up extreme positions are recognized, by the SDL library.

Any tips for calibration?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Capehill
Dont you get alot of grimreapers with amigainput? 8 of 10 attemps ends with a grimreaper when trying to play games with usb-adapters/pads. Amigainput needs to be updated.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

Really? If you have a good crash scenario, I think it should be reported to Hyperion. With crashlogs.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled

Not at all, usually, but since you brought it up I tried to use two at once. While that did work, I found out that picking "Generic Keyboard" in FPSE results in such an error, every time. I may have missed that previously by not cycling through all the options and picking an actual joypad.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Got a Logitech Gamepad F310: for me on x5000 AmigaInput didn't recognize it.

When I put it to a USB port, it says that :

Vendor: Logitech
Product: Gamepad F310
Class: 0x63739

Then double-click on prefs:amigainput, and in Drivers there is no USB one appears. Nothing to choice...

Maybe it's some too_new version of the same gamepad? Maybe just Class starts to be a bit different and it possible to change it somehow for the gamepad itself (but on what one?), or in the libs/amigainput/Generic_usb.driver ?

Also, can anybody explain to me what that "LowLevel" tab all about? What I can do there? I currently have 2 gamepads which recognized by amigainput, but after I calibrate them, both of them always react like "down" button always pressed. Isn't it something that can be fixed by that "low-level" tab settings?

EDIT: and yes, AmigaInput crashes often. Especially when you plug in / unplug different game controllers. And it crashes in PCI_SoundCardHornet.driver (while I didn't have one, it seems always loads up).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »