Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Timberwolf, Warp3D and ARMA
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I left AW.net as it became an unpleasant place to be.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Meh forums are old skool its all about fb, twitter and LinkedIn these days this is where the largest audience potential is for niche platforms such as AmigaOS.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

djrikki wrote:
Thanks for the update Rogue, I'd also like to join the silent majority and say thank you for your continued work and look forward with great excitement to see your labour of love finally being realised.

Me too!

It's a shame all the negative people tend to talk the loudest.

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just read that tweet from a Sony employee being "attacked" on tweeter, it remember me that Fez dev canceled Fez II and left the game industry...

" I just remind myself of my rule #1 of the Internet: Don’t fight pigs. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it."

Kamelito

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

djrikki wrote:
Meh forums are old skool its all about fb, twitter and LinkedIn these days this is where the largest audience potential is for niche platforms such as AmigaOS.

Funny I believe the exact opposite is true. Twitter/FB is good for a quick advertising promo and for people with very short attention spans but nothing can compare to the about of information and help for like minded enthusiasts that a good Internet forum has.

I had to cancel my LinkedIn account because people I didn't want to hear from were constantly spamming me, twitter I tried but don't get as I've got email on my phone that's much more productive.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I know in the grand scheme of things it won't mean much but I would just like to say thanks for the update. It is good to keep the community informed (and engaged) with what is going on every now and then, even when it is not so great news. At least we know that things are still going on and that the users have not been forgotten.

Unfortunately things do not always go according to plan and crap happens. Not just with programming but in all aspects in life. A small number of very vocal people on the forums need to recognise this.

As I already said, thanks for the update and it is obvious that those working on the OS and other AmigaOS prjects are doing the best they can and this is also appreciated. Unfortunately, it is a small community with a lot of work to do.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Joining in: thanks to the bros, and to all developers
This is a wonderfull thread, showing the Amiga spirit continues to inspire people.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ prowler

+10 very well said:)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Prowler summed it up very well! Huge thanks to Hyperion and crew for taking us as far as we are. The future looks bright!!

--Barry Steenbergh

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the update.
I value your work very much.

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm sure some will want to interpret Rogue's post as an ominous sign, but let's remember that the AmigaOS 4.x platform is not in the hands of two programming demi-gods. So while the Timberwolf news is surely bad news, it doesn't mean that the ship is running aground. I see it manned enough to keep the party going for a good while.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don`t say thank you for this because i give only a "thank you" for some real things.
When Gallium 3D appears and works good i will give a big thank you but not now

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
'I don`t say thank you for this' comment because each day work is being done to create 'some real things' and it seems you can't imagine the effort given and difficulties encountered to release 'real things'.

By the way, thanks Rogue for the update.

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

davebraco wrote:
'I don`t say thank you for this' comment because each day work is being done to create 'some real things' and it seems you can't imagine the effort given and difficulties encountered to release 'real things'.

By the way, thanks Rogue for the update.

I can`t remember me that my boss say every day thank you to me and he is a good boss.
Thank you will somebody get from me if he do a great job or thing.
I see here no great software. Timberwolf is slow and buggy.
Gallium 3D doesn`t exist.So no "Thank you" from me

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy, I think you forget AmigaOS 4.x which is something real.
Freespace, Heretic II, Quake II, MiniGL, Warp 3D and so on.

It is solely because of the Friedens, that I am now able to use AOS4.x.

So thank you I think, is in order, for keeping it alive and for keeping our OS of choice updated and alive.

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Thanks for the update Rogue, I'd also like to join the silent majority and say thank you for your continued work and look forward with great excitement to see your labour of love finally being realised.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

While an improved Timberwolf and a released Warp3D would be great I don't need them to enjoy using what we've got.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

@tommysammy, I think you forget AmigaOS 4.x which is something real.
Freespace, Heretic II, Quake II, MiniGL, Warp 3D and so on.

It is solely because of the Friedens, that I am now able to use AOS4.x.

So thank you I think, is in order, for keeping it alive and for keeping our OS of choice updated and alive.

emmm.. honestly Amiga OS 4.x has been developed from a lot of the developers in the past, not only the two..

If a lot of developers left the scene, there should be a "why" and also a "because" and you should ask yourself why a lot of developers left the scene.. but that's another thread..

I have to say thank you to ALL the developers that realized something for Amiga OS 4.x and fixed bugs or completed half work done by other peoples that, instead, are acclaimed as semi-god..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I say "Thank you" for my X1000 and AmigaOS4.1.6
They are real and i can use them every day.
I don`t say "Thank you" for a buggy Timberwolf and non existing version of Gallium 3D .
Now everybody understand me?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tommysammy

Maybe if you're lucky, when they release the new Warp3D
and Timberworlf, your appreciation of their years of
hard work will be repaid with a "doesn't work on
tommysammy's machine" routine?

;)

Just saying... not recognizing or appreciating it can take