Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 131

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Galaxy s3 and file transfer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Is there any other way to transfer files from the s3 without using the usb cable? I tried to send them to my e-mail. Only 1 got sent.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Galaxy s3 and file transfer
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You can run one of these apps if your on wifi and run an browser like owb or timberwolf. Some work less good then others, i mean some areas will not work or just give 0 byte filesize when copied. Havent used it for a while. If copying to windows then probably everything works.

1. Wifi filetransfer (free version has filesize limit). Works best for me.
2. Airdroid (not everything works, try it, its free)
3. Kies Air

If you want to run ftp rather then a browser you can run a client of your choice on the amiga/pc and a ftp server on the mobilephone or the other way.

I use 'solid explorer'. Its a filemanger with built in ftp server/client. There are other free filemanagers or pure servers.

Too bad masstorage dont work connecting the S3 with usb cable to amiga. It only throws up PTP window with an error both in PTP and the Media mode. Would be nice if we got better support for it in os4.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

There are some android FTP servers out there which you can try.

I had one that used to let me connect with AmiFTP and get/put files.

It had controls that would it activate whenever it saw my home wifi
network, etc. Good stuff.

Unfortunately, the version that ran on my ancient phone stopped
working. With a snazzy new Galaxy, you should have better luck?

Good luck!

PJS

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
If you have a samba server running on your amiga you can use ANDSMB from google play.
If you have an ftpserver running on your amiga you can use ANDFTP from google play.

Alternatively if you have a NAS server on your amiga LAN which has a samba server you can copy data to that from the amiga using smbfs then onto the galaxy using ANDSMB or FileManger from google play.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You could also use Dropbox.

Edit: You could also throw the files onto a MicroSD card and then plug the card into the Amiga.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Edit: You could also throw the files onto a MicroSD card and then plug the card into the Amiga.

Or the way I prefer: Get a pretty cheap USB OTG Adapter for the phone and use USB sticks or harddisks for transfer.

Ciao, Alfred

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@serpi

Tottally forgot of the OTG cable :) I have one around here somewhere. Stuff i tried works like keyboard/mice/usbstick/joypad etc.

Edited by Kicko on 2013/6/19 19:14:33
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You can try install ES-Explorer on your samsung galaxy (has LAN, FTP,... support) and use A-FTP Server (http://www.os4depot.net/share/network/server/ftp/a-ftp_server.lha). Worked fine last time a used on my SMG galaxy s3 mini

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks for the tips guys.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Using SwiFTP, its a Simple FTP server for android, just enable WIFI and start the FTP server, the telephones IP address is shown.

I can browse my pictures from Timberwolf or download or upload files using PeateFTP or some other FTP client.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Using SwiFTP, its a Simple FTP server for android, just enable WIFI and start the FTP server, the telephones IP address is shown.

Sounds promising, although I couldn't find this particular program (SwiFTP) in the Play Store.

I just upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S2 to an S4. The S2 worked using the USB cable with my XE. The S4 behaves as the S3 is described here. Does anyone have any idea what might have changed in the Galaxy since the S2?

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Change of protocol from UMS to MTP

Root your phone and install this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22760184/and...y-UMS-v1.8.apk

Will give you back UMS for the External Memory Card.

Edit usual do at your own risk disclaimer applies.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo

This works for me.
Could have been a bit easier though!

Quote:

You can try install ES-Explorer on your samsung galaxy (has LAN, FTP,... support) and use A-FTP Server (http://www.os4depot.net/share/network/server/ftp/a-ftp_server.lha). Worked fine last time a used on my SMG galaxy s3 mini

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I used to use ftp server on mine (free, no limits) and dopus5 ftp. but it's slow, I get movie torrents on my phone and transfer them to the amiga to watch. They take nearly as long to transfer as to download.

Recently I bought a kingston 64gb dual usb stick (micro usb one side, normal the other) from amazon for £17.99 inc. delivery. this is much faster (4 or 5 times) even if you have the recent android version that won't let you modify the contents of a microsd card with 'unapproved software' so your stuck with the incredibly horrible android 'my files' if you want to move instead of copy.

I put a 32gb microsd in my phone to save torrents too but of course the torrent program is not approved so I can't save the files to it, bloody annoying.

This is with a Galaxy Note II and before that a Galaxy S3 mini.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There is also Web PC Suite Android APP by Geeksoft.
Very easy to use.

I used it togheter with Kies Air on MorphOS. But Kies Air has a bug preventing using it.

Web PC Suite hangsup when trying to load my Samsung SII android gingerbread version Gallery as it contains thousands of files, so I must go into file explorer and load it from their directory.

Go to top

Register To Post