Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

BillE, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Sam460 onboard graphics problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Update: I got it working with a different ati card 5570 but not the HD 6570 :( The 6570 just goes into a black screen.

I did the install by this way:

1. Plug the card in.
2. Change in Uboot to external Graphic-Card (PCIe)
3. Install AmigaOS4.1 from the scratch and copy the newest RadeonHD-Driver to it.

Then it works:

[img width=300]http://os4welt.de/download/file.php?id=1250&mode=view[/img]

[img width=300]http://os4welt.de/download/file.php?id=1249&mode=view[/img]

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Uboot version?
mine: ver=U-Boot 2010.06.05a (Jan 30 2012 - 16:06:56)

Can you post your uboot envvars?
don't know if such envvar has effect on AmigaOS/SAM (pcie_mode=RP:RP)

Didi you check such card here:
RadeonHD compatibility

TI Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 (HD5670-PCIE-1024PB) Turks 0.49 Partial User reports that it only works when a DVI to VGA adaptor is used

HIS Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 Turks 0.49 Failed No output to monitor obtained, but AmigaOS does boot in the background

Can you check such card on a PC?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thank you for the reply's. I'm going to try the dvi adapter route when I get home from work today. Also will post uboot envrs as well fingers crossed:)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

jabirulo wrote:
Uboot version?
mine: ver=U-Boot 2010.06.05a (Jan 30 2012 - 16:06:56)

Can you post your uboot envvars?
don't know if such envvar has effect on AmigaOS/SAM (pcie_mode=RP:RP)

Didi you check such card here:
RadeonHD compatibility

TI Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 (HD5670-PCIE-1024PB) Turks 0.49 Partial User reports that it only works when a DVI to VGA adaptor is used

HIS Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 Turks 0.49 Failed No output to monitor obtained, but AmigaOS does boot in the background

Can you check such card on a PC?

im using the lateset radeonhd driver with an sapphire hd6570 2gb ddr3 card and its working like a dream.

output im using is hdmi, i told hans about this card and he has updated his compatibilty list.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@fingus

Quote:
I did the install by this way: 1. Plug the card in. 2. Change in Uboot to external Graphic-Card (PCIe) 3. Install AmigaOS4.1 from the scratch and copy the newest RadeonHD-Driver to it.

The problem i have it wont boot past kickstart launch even with the cd booting, so I'm hoping from what I have read from:

Quote:

I hope will be my solution to the black screen problem to get it working.

Quote:
Uboot version? mine: ver=U-Boot 2010.06.05a (Jan 30 2012 - 16:06:56) Can you post your uboot envvars? don't know if such envvar has effect on AmigaOS/SAM (pcie_mode=RP:RP) Didi you check such card here: RadeonHD compatibility .. TI Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 (HD5670-PCIE-1024PB) Turks 0.49 Partial User reports that it only works when a DVI to VGA adaptor is used HIS Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 Turks 0.49 Failed No output to monitor obtained, but AmigaOS does boot in the background .. Can you check such card on a PC?

Will do this later this evening :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

magic wrote:
@fingus

Quote:
I did the install by this way: 1. Plug the card in. 2. Change in Uboot to external Graphic-Card (PCIe) 3. Install AmigaOS4.1 from the scratch and copy the newest RadeonHD-Driver to it.

The problem i have it wont boot past kickstart launch even with the cd booting...

The CD won't boot with Radeon HD 5xxx+ cards because it has the old driver which doesn't support the new cards. If you want to reinstall from scratch, then either boot using the on-board graphics card (you should be able to choose it as the primary card in UBoot, even if the other card is plugged in), or insert your Radeon HD 4xxx card. After that, install the latest driver using the installer provided by A-EON.

From what you've said, I don't think that you need to reinstall from scratch. You may want to do a quick check that you really do have the latest driver installed and running. In a shell window (using a card that works ), run the following:
version RadeonHD.chip
version PCIGraphics.card

Does the 6570 work in a PC?

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Re: Sam460 onboard graphics problem (Not fixed)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Right then lads.

I bring you good news, and some bad news. The bad news first.

*ahem*

After manyer hours trying to get the spahire 6570 to work with os4, It just wasn't playing ball.Yes, I had the latest ati drivers from aeon, yes i did every combination possible to get the ruddy thing working still no joy.

I'm sure it's something so simple i've missed, but, after nearly two days trying to get the thing to ruddy work, I have all but given up on it for now with this perticular card untill I visit amiga north thames group in near the future to see if they can help me to get it working.

Now for the good news:

Success!!

I have a fully functioning sam460ex with 2d accerlation enabled using the latest aeon drivers using an ati card 5570. Its silent, and works like a charm with full hdmi output too. I am extreemly happy with this setup, everything is now working. I followed hans suggestions use the 4x card to get updated then install ati drivers and hey presto 5570 booted into workbench = a very happy ending

I am firm believer in the old saying "If it aint broke, dont try and fix it" in this case, it fits just right.

Go to top
Re: Sam460 onboard graphics problem (Not fixed)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magic Quote:
untill I visit amiga north thames group in near the future to see if they can help me to get it working

Make sure to let us know you are coming, then I can ensure that I avoid that meeting

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)