Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

walkero, ddni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »
Timberwolf RC1 available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just uploaded it to os4depot.net, so it should still be in the upload queue.

But, it's Release Candidate 1. It fixes most of the medium and major bugs, and a lot of the minor bugs that have been reported on the bugtracker.

In fact, there was a fix in the JavaScript code that was pretty fundamental. The browser itself is written in JavaScript (believe it or not), so this single fix actually cures a lot of problems (for example, every problem related to the download manager and the addons manager).

To that end, I would invite everyone to review the bugs they reported and see if they are fixed.

Enjoy! We're nearing the end of the road (and hell, I'm glad when it's done)

Go to top
Re: Timberwolf RC1 available
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Good work !

Just downloaded and tryed a little and after a few very quick test i can only say that's is a great improvement, F11 now work as expected for fullscreen and even download functionality seems ok, i also try to download files in RAM Disk: (with space) and all goes well !

It's also a bit faster and i don't think is a placebo effect, it's really faster

Now i will look into the bugratracker in order to revisit by myself all problem marked as fixed, just to test if all other things marked as fixed is really fixed also on my system

Just a minor issue for now:

In customize i try to placed the "stop" and the "reload" buttons near the other "left" and "right" buttons and then i press "done" (just to place all the 4 buttons in the same area) but after that the "stop button" was not placed at all, so i reopen again the "customize" and i changed the order of the stop and reload and then again i confirm it --> Now it show all the 4 buttons on the same area

Maybe still a little glitch here, need to test again of course

Testing continue

BTW: Now i got 100% on acid test 3 again, only problem is that the small red X on top will be showed on the page, while it must not theorically .. aniway

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hows the speed on a SAM440?

Mines not setup at the moment so it will be a while before I can test this out.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tajmaster

Well, the browser in itself still a bit slow but this RC1 is quite usable in general and even a bit faster than the old beta 4, instead HTML5 video still not usable at all (very very slow on my SamFlex)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Posting from it now, shall run it more tomorrow when get home from work (on nights) to see if it's any faster or more stable. First time I ran it got a GR, rebooted and run again and seems fine! Is using 100% CPU on my SAM460 all the time!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Posting from it now. One thing I noticed is the back button doesn't work :(

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
great news to start off a weekend looking forward to trying it out tonight

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
WoW! It is really fast, more than the previous release! and it is all in software render! Congratulations! and it works fine here on my Sam440ep :)

The only problem is the splash screen at startup, it remains even once the window appears and the progress bar remains full at half..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechcore
works fine here on my SAM440ep
ONly thing : at moments the page follows my mouse arrow quite fast up & down. I don't see when or why this happens.
If this is a feature, i don't like it too much.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
backbutton works fine on my X1000

Go to top
Anonymous
Great news also,
hope soon you will be able to focus on OS 4.2

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
...hope soon you will be able to focus on OS 4.2

That is really unfair because there is a team of people working on 4.2 and not just Thomas. Besides, scheduling is my department so leave Thomas alone please.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Anonymous
It wasnt an evil remark, but surely having brothers free will accell some developments we all want to see get done. Off course all testers and developers are important

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

vox wrote:
Great news also,
hope soon you will be able to focus on OS 4.2

Timberwolf is a hobby project.
AOS4.2 is his work.

And perhaps his work for 4.2 is already done?

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Anonymous
Quote:
Timberwolf is a hobby project. AOS4.2 is his work. And perhaps his work for 4.2 is already done?

Surely, but its good

a) Timberwolf will be final soon
b) Full speed to OS 4.2

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tfriedenQuote:
I just uploaded it to os4depot.net, so it should still be in the upload queue.

I've been running Timbertwolf start script from a shell but this time it wouldn't start because the S protection bit wasn't set. I'm not sure if it was the method of unpacking the archive or if it is archived that way. Nice work otherwise

EDIT: When I quit Timberwolf after starting it from a shell it reports:
Command 'timberwolf-bin' returned with unfreed signals 1E000000!

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tfrieden

Thanks for this new version.

By the way, is this normal that after having used it for a while, the CPU gets stucked at 100% usage and that many BackGournd CLIs are open (size : 1x1).

I have discovered this when I wanted to take a grab of TimberWolf with Sgrab. The more I surf and the more some Backgound CLIs are opened.

If I close TimberWolf, they all dissapear.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Results after 10 minutes of testing:
100% CPU load almost constantly.
Other apps are slowed down and are temporarily suspended in the middle of some disk activity and other actions.
First run of TImberwolf resulted in Grim Reaper within 4 minutes and system froze preventing capture of a log.
Second run of Timberwolf resulted in TImberwolf window freezing after download speed test and a report that stated this: assertion "p->id==SQLITE_MUTEX_RECURSIVE || amigaosMutexNotheld(p)" failed: file "./src/mutex_amigaos.c", line 135

I still don't think I can do much more than test TImberwolf. It's still too unstable to use as my main browser. For me this one isn't a release candidate.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I thought the last release was good but this one is even better. Appears very stable so far. Is definately now my browser of choice on the A1-X1000. Haven't tried it on my other machines yet.

Well done!

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Posting now using Timberwolf RC1.

Cut and paste and Copy and paste work very well using the edit menu.

Scroll wheel seems to work now.

Using the vertical scroll bar works now. If I click on the vertical scroll bar and scroll down the window, the scroll bar is released now when I release the mouse button.

Caps Lock still does not work when I am typing comments, but that is not a show stopper.

If I use Timberwolf on my FFS2 partition ... too slow.
If I use Timberwolf on my SFS partition ..... too slow.
If I use Timberwolf on my JXFS partition .... very fast but can't save more bookmarks.

As with the previous releases, I have insufficient RAM to use Timberwolf to its fullest potential.

However, I am very pleased with the improvements over Beta 4.

---
redfox
MicroA1 with 750 GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 4
Timberwolf RC1

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »