Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Libcairo shared object
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

i saw that a libcairo shared object is included in the new Timberwolf beta release. I know that in the readme file is clearly written that can be dangerous using this library instead of the old one, but i would like to experiment certain cairo routines that are very slow with the actual version i use. Now, checking theversion string of the old cairo library it's seems dated 7 april 2010 (version 53.3), with a dimension of 846.024 bytes. The Cairo sharedobject that comes with Timberwolf, have the same version string, dated 7 April 2010 (version 53.3) but with a dimension of 3.844.912 MB. The file creation date is 14 October 1980.

The two files are clearly not the same. I would like if how can use the new library. I'm not a great shared object expert, but i used to do some test using the SDK.

How can i use the new libcairo.so?

Thank you

Go to top
Re: Libcairo shared object
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The Timberwolf-version is probably one with debugging info.
So, if anything, the debugging-version could be slower...?

Other that that, I assume you can just replace the file in Sys:SObjs/ with the one from the Timberwolf archive. (Although it isn't recommended.)

Maintainer and developer for Jamiga2 - Java for Amiga
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I use the following build command line:

LIBS = -L/SDK/local/newlib/lib -lcairo -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lpixman-1 -lpng12 -lz -lexpat -lpthread -lauto

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

The readme clearly states
Quote:

IMPORTANT! Included in this version of Timberwolf is a set of shared object files, like libcairo.so, libfontconfig.so etc. Some of these are also present in your system's SOBJS: drawer. However, they are NOT 100 % compatible. DO NOT COPY ANY OF THESE FILES TO A SYSTEM DIRECTORY! It will result in a damaged system and some programs might no longer function.

If you try to use it for anything else than Timberwolf you are on your own

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I should wait. Maybe a new version will be included in the update 5

Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The version coming with Timberwolf does not have the Amiga surfaces. It only supports image surfaces. You could in theory use it, but you would not be able to produce software that is compatible to the system version of libcairo.so.

I guess we'll have a new version of cairo sooner or later, since there was a recent updated that is supposed to speed up the path rendering. Besides, AmigaOS 4.2 will contain gallium, as was announced, and Cairo can use gallium directly so it can be made fully hardware accelerated, including anti-aliasing etc.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden

really tank you for the reply.

I'm doin some experimts with cairo. As i already said, it's very slow.

I use the library come with the SDK. So i tought that maybe a new version was prepared. I read on the cairo forum that both Cairo (1.12) and pixman (0.25 > above) received a speed pump.
I hope that these version will be included in the sdk to test my simple demos (nothing serious, tho)

Moreover, i read that certain Pixman build has been optimized to use MIPS DSP. WOuld be really cool if SAM 440 and 460 DSP, as well as altivec, will be taken in consideration.

Thank you

Go to top

Register To Post