Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »
Re: Avcodec.library bounty update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

gerograph wrote:
@tommysammy
you are having 3DVD Players inside X1000 ? Guess you are playing them from Harddrive ? Please give some details about:

1) name of DVD / downloadlink
2) resolution of DVD
3) software used (DVPlayer)
4) settings used

This makes it compareable to other systems. As for me, I can still not even play one DVD in full HD on my X1000. But yes, this might be due to havin comercial DVD`s etc.

I don^t have three DVD players inside my X1000. I play it from harddisk.
The files are from the original DVD^s but without any copy protection.
I have removed them with A..DVD ;)

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Trixie

Slower? On which computer? What kind of videos (formats)?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerograph Quote:
I can still not even play one DVD in full HD on my X1000. But yes, this might be due to havin comercial DVD`s etc.

I think there must be something wrong with your X1000, as it is more than powerful enough to play it (it's only on something like a Sam440 where that might be a problem).

It could be your DVD drive isn't entirely complaint with specifications, and that is causing probles for DVPlayer. I suggest buying a LiteOn DVD drive to replace it, if you can.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
for commercial dvds you need the dvdcss plugin or you will not ever able to play them with DVplayer..

http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... ideo/misc/dvddvplayer.lha

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Trixie

53.1 had some tricks enabled which are now disabled by default since it might cause issues on certain cases.

You can try to enable them with:

shell> setenv AVCODEC_TRICKS 1

Note however, this may or may not is the reason, there were new API functions on the last core which to make them backward compatible with our lib we had to implement some wrapper on top of it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
I copied VOB files etc. to Harddrive, and yes it works with new avcodec.library. However, I am getting sort of "Interlace" stripes when the person moves fast (X1000 first contact).

regards Gerograph

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The video on these DVDs isn't stored progressively and a computer display is progressive (you already know the exception), so that's probably normal.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
but haven't got that on windows media player ? So is this still somehow due to gfx card ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
WMP and also mplayer have deinterlacing, I don't know if this software has that option.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thematic
O.K. ! Thanx for infos

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
DVPlayer doesn't have de-interlacing AFAIK, but I don't notice the problem when a little away from the monitor. (Plus de-interlacing is very hard to get right - at least I had big problems on *Windows* getting a result that didn't look low-res!)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@diegocr (or whoever knows the answer)
Will this library add support for any new audio/video codecs to DVPlayer, or does that require DVPlayer to be updated? (I realise it won't magically start supporting new container file formats like MKV.) Any examples of common ones (that I might have heard of) which now work in DVPlayer?

What other benefits should the library provide? Presumably DVD playback won't be any more or less compatible? Just maybe speed improvements? And no need to install external codecs?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Will this library add support for any new audio/video codecs to DVPlayer, or does that require DVPlayer to be updated?

The later unfortunately.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

As Elwood says, in order to be able to play all video formats provided by this new library, Cobra has to update DvPlayer.

Regarding the benefits : speed (even more on Altivec AmigaOnes) and indeed no need for external codecs.

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Definitely both you are wrong

He's asking for codecs, and indeed DvP does *not* needs to be updated for more of them to be supported/playable.

If we talk about containers, that's another history though. If you have a 90s MPEG-1 stream embed into a MKV file DvP will not be able to play it and therefore it'll need to be updated, but just to support new containers such as MP4 or MKV.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Digeocr

Yes, I was thinking about containers but all in all, DvPlayer cannot read MP4 files until it is updated

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

Yeah, but obviously due DVP does not uses this lib to handle containers, so it has nothing to do with the lib basically.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@diegocr

Is there an SDK available for this latest avcodec.library ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TSK

I need to setup a site where to place updates and all other files - if you can't wait, send me an email and i'll prepare something useable to send you back.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@diegocr

Quote:

53.1 had some tricks enabled which are now disabled by default since it might cause issues on certain cases.

You can try to enable them with:

shell> setenv AVCODEC_TRICKS 1

Thanks for the tip. I'm getting slightly better results with the tricks on, and as I haven't run into any problems so far, I'll keep them enabled.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »