Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Alfkil HD problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:
Could it be that my system partition is SFS and therefore is not recognized? If so, would it be safe to try and switch it in media toolbox without loosing the (maybe) data, that might still be there??

You mean changing the filesystem in PWizard and rebooting to see if it changes anything?
AFAIK, it's safe to do it. As long as "you" don't write on the partition, it's OK. AmigaOS doesn't write unless you tell it to

Quote:
Maybe "Find Partitions"...?

If I remember correctly this feature makes PW find partitions on your HD and generate a mountlist with what it finds. It does not write to the HD.
But it has been a long time.... I may be wrong. You may want to try on another disk.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Re: Alfkil HD problem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
And "SYS:System/Mounter" can't be used for this, I suppose?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I decided to just format and reinstall the whole shabang. Funny thing, although I needed to install all 4 updates seperately, it still is faster than installing windows on a quad core pc...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
Yes, smts its easier just to reinstall everything. Good to hear that you have your computer back

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Obviously the point is moot now (glad you got your system running), but I was more suspecting something like maybe a damaged root block on your DH1: or some other structural error which led the system to not accept the volume, but left all your data (probably) intact on it.

I would probably have started with a Check, and if it turned up anything, take a deep breath and use Repair and/or Recover.

I don't think the file system is likely to have suddenly changed by itself, so my guess would have been that it was FFS all along.

Just my two øre (which - like these suggestions - are worthless in Denmark today ).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post