Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
190 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 190

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga OS4 Videos by Hostcove
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've moved all my videos to a new YouTube channel, and uploaded a new one showing Hyperion's Freespace demo on a Sam460.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vJlT6L9E5w

- Lars

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Re: Amiga OS4 Videos by Hostcove
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello, watched the video and really enjoyed it, even though it was short, thanks!

However, I would strongly suggest to anyone who uploads a gaming video, to mention a) Hardware Specs (e.g. GFX -as you already did-, ram, HD speed etc) b) Any OS setting that we might need to take aware of (e.g what version of mGL are you running) and most importantly c) Detailed Settings of the game, as much as possible (resolution, 32/16bit, any other quality settings that you may have chosen in order to push the hardware etc).

Because I have seen some gaming videos of OS4.x compatible machines, that are somewhat "misleading", meaning that the author has lowered down all the settings of the game in order to achieve higher/smoother frame rates, but doesn't mentions it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
That's good advice. I've added a slight more to the description. And, if anyone is interested here, this is just a stock Sam460 and no changes were made for this video except putting the graphics details to high within the demo settings.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Turn down the sound volume a bit before you watch.
Sorry about that, this is the first recording on some new equipment so it's somewhat quick and dirty.

MUIOWB on X1000

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@logicalheart
From a technical viewpoint, those are some VERY good video recordings. How did you achieve it?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I just done a new video as well and whacked it on youtube as well, recorded using software, in this case Srec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature= ... _detailpage&v=t5DmlQmyzbY

(audio swap maybe still in progress)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9e-K0MjPfI

ResidualVM is a game engine to play 3D adventure games. This is presented on an AmigaOne X-1000 using AmigaOS4.1 with software video rendering. Grim Fandango is a Lucas Arts game, and you need the original game files to play. (or the demo version)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Very nice video of Freespace, I didn't know this great looking game.
Thank you.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is a movie project done with assistance from X1000 and AOS4.1 Well sort of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8jZbHKCGw

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Srtest

fantastic. i always wondered if any amigans were in israel. it's your X1000, then, in the video?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

We've found each other! LOL

y.e.p

Go to top

Register To Post