Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiDock Help
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Not sure where I have gone wrong. With the dock on workbench I can see in the maindock (main category) that all the objects are shown ie- Amipdf,find,notepad,mutiviewe.t.c but when I highlight Extras and the default category is also highlighted and in the objects which has AmiDVD, DirectoryOpus,Diskmaster2 but is not shown in the main dock on workbench and this is the same for Internet. and Players, but the Extras,Internet,and Players are not shown on the main dock on workbench. But it is in the AmiDock prefernces in docks. The thing I don`t understand that when I turned my Amiga on yesterday everything was there but when I turn the Amiga on today the Extras,internet, Players have just gone and I do not know why.Hope you can understand this?

AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024 MB Mermory and Radeon 9250
Go to top
Re: AmiDock Help
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ant

oh my...i'm not sure i can follow you at all :-/

Things you can try:

1) the icons only can disappear when WB ca t decode them (classic example: png icons but no png icon module installed
2) you have set AmiDock to "Autosave Preferences" (unfortunately it's default iirc and changed something yesterday to test (and forgot to set it back) --> saved as your new default setting
3) I don't understand what you mean with "highlight", but if you have some tricky AmiDock (like Push4Dock) the background dock might overdraw the foreground on "activating" it in AmiDock Edit (and again, if not set back to like it was before, will be saved due to Autosave)

I hope i understood what you meant

Pictures would be nice so we can imagine better what you are trying to say

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ant

Feel free to rephrase your message, too. :D

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ant

Try to install it again? Or maybe just remove the parts not working and add them again manually.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ant

I *think* i understand now where your problem lies

You have ONE maindock with all your often used programs
ONE for Extras, Internet and Players which hold less important programs

And you want to bring them up on WB (to actually SHOW so that you can interact with them), am i right upto here?

If so, then i'm afraid you mixed some information as thats not how AmiDock works (unless you use a little trick)

You believe that you have to open AmiDock Edit everytime you want to switch your Dock Bars, am i right?

I do think so, because judging from the pictures you sent me it's exactly what you are trying to do.
The four docks that you have are probably saved all on the same position on screen with the last three set up as "ALWAYS stay in background" or at least the maindock set up as "ALWAYS stay in foreground" which draws the three other dock settings moot.

Here's a solution
AmiDock Edit - Extras Dock - Layout Tab
Change the position (drag the dock or set it to BOTTOM LEFT e.g.) and put it anywhere BUT underneath your main dock.
Save, reboot and see if your dock is visible, repeat with the other two

If you intended to have all your docks taking up the same space, then i'm afraid it won't work the way you set it up, because you would need alpha blending images and even then you couldn't work with more than two layers.

The little trick i was talking about above was to work with sub dockys.
Put three subdockys in your main dock, rename them to Extras etc and on click let them open your Extras etc. dock bars.

If you want to delve deeper into the secrets of AmiDock i advise you to take a look at the great Push4Dock from Mason.
This is a superb example of how to work with alpha blending and two layers in AmiDock

Hope this helps a little

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post