Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Is there interest in getting an OS4.x native port of DynaCadd?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MaximvsPayne

no emulation required, just some modern gui's etc.- see post no. 13

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
Are you an engineer?

Yes, but I'm electrical/computer engineer. A 3D cad tool would be interesting to me for a couple simple projects. And someone had got the Via Openbook design converted to BRL CAD format for my Amiga laptop daydream thoughts. I wouldn't use OpenBook directly, but as something to learn about more complex CAD designs. When I was looking the official OpenBook site had turned into a cybersquatter ad site so I was happy to find this thing at all, especially already in BRL CAD as I wouldn't buy the commercial tool Via used.

http://bzflag.bz/%7Estarseeker/CAD_MODELS/VIA_OpenBook/

It can export to STL format for hose cheap quick-turn prototype shops. Can Dynacad do STL?

There's also FreeCAD and OpenScad, and there's a lot of free designs for OpenScad on thingiverse.com. But you have to make your design in source code and compile it to output format or something like that so I haven't got excited about this one. Haven't looked at FreeCAD much yet.

At least a couple of these open-source tools depend on a big library, opencascade, that would likely be a big chunk of work to port by itself.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@328gts

oh, its already compiled for os4? so now we have to get the fingers on the latest sourcecode from the newest amigaversion of dynacadd and recompile it. or maybe the original developer will get an sam-system from acube or a-eon to support future amiga-softwareengineering?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Old thread I know...
Did anything happen to this? Is the 68k version even released somewhere, or have to/cannot buy it somewhere? I cannot sem to find any version of it.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil
you have pm

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)