Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Anybody install TVPaint on your AmigaOS 4.1 system?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
That's what I'm trying to do. Know it's possible because I've seen the YouTube video of it in action. I've got TVPaint 3.59 installation files that have worked on my 4000 with CV64/3D card, and I have run the installation on my new SamFlex system. But nothing happens when I double-click the program icon.

I think it might be looking for Cybergraphics stuff. I see Picasso stuff here. Does the solution exist there?

Thanks for any advice!

Also installed is RunInUAE.

And I was really uncertain which forum to use for posting this query. Would emulation or classic have been better since I'm trying to run 68K code on a 4.1 machine?

Go to top
Re: Anybody install TVPaint on your AmigaOS 4.1 system?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

No, you're in the right forum here.

I haven't installed TVPaint but I suggest using "Snoopy" if you want to see the files it's looking for when you try to load it up.

I suppose the "Emulation" forum is the right one if you're discussing running it under E-UAE (via RunInUAE). Then again you don't want to double-up on threads. So I think this is the right place for both

You could try installing it under WinUAE, and then archiving the folder and associated libraries and extracting on the OS4.1 system and see what happens.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

Thanks for the advice. Got a few other things set up on my new Sam, but will wait until tomorrow evening to try again with TVPaint. It's late here in the U.S.

Here's that YouTube video I mentioned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRH3w1Y18pQ

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

I installed TVPaint on OS4.1. It was not that straightforward, 'cos I had to disable JIT for TVPaint in the Compability prefs - the piece of software, that asks for your serial number didn't work *here* JIT-emulated. After registration I could enable JIT again and since then TVPaint works happily on my sam440ep under OS4.1.
BTW: What about copying your running installation from your other machine to your sam? Might be easier...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantley

Try this thread. Post #1 and #8

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Thanks! I was just about to go looking for that...

Since TV Paint download link was not working, I added a new link which does work.

EDIT: I've now fixed the script to work with OS4.1 Update 1.

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/5/26 10:41:44
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
OK, to save newbies from potential problems, I have combined my installer script with TV Paint's installer files, and added some icons, so you only need to download this to install TV Paint:
http://cshandley.co.uk/temp/TVPaint_FixedForOS4.lha

Please let me know if it works for you (it should!) then I may try uploading it to OS4Depot/Aminet (if they will allow it). edit: They probably won't, even though it was made free, so I may have to release an installer which downloads TV Paint...

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/5/26 15:12:45
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks! I'll do this in a few hours after I get off work and report back here.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
Well thanks! Worked flawlessly here. I have 2.0 installed on my A2000 (040/Picasso 2) and I must say it is blazingly fast on Sam!

Talking about which: it is really a pity no newer version was released on Amiga, it is really a terrific software and the latest incarnation (TV Paint Animation 9) is very good...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Here TVPaint works without problems using JIT and Amiga OS 4.1 Update 2..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantley

I traslate the TVPaint installed in my A1200 WB 3.9 to the SAMy 4.1U2 and works fine.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Using the installation files from Chris, I again installed TVPaint and same symptoms. Program wouldn't run when double-clicking icon. Then I ran RunInUAE. After that, double-clicking TVPaint icon opens a small Workbench 3.1 screen, which then informs me it can't find cybergraphics.library.

I use CyberGraphics on my 4000. I'm assuming this wouldn't be a part of OS4, and I see references to Picasso being part of OS4. I'm not very educated about this aspect of the OS.

I'm wondering if maybe I have some stray TVPaint config file somewhere that somehow got copied from my 4000.

Any ideas?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
May be onto a clue here after someone in another forum mentioned Picasso96 should be able to emulate CG.

When I run Picasso96 from Prefs, I ger an error requester telling me Picasso96Mode "Could not finy any modes!" So how do I made that work? Must have some files missing from where there supposed to be.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantley
why don't you ditch your old installation and simply run the installer provided above? (it should install and work perfectly).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DAX

That's what I tried to do, but TVPaint still will not run. So I thought maybe there is some stray config file somewhere from first attempt. Don't see anything though.

Should P96 prefs show some modes?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley Quote:
Should P96 prefs show some modes?

No, at least it doesn't on my system. P96 Prefs is considered "obsolete", and was very nearly removed by Update 1 (but I think kept because some people apparently still need it for their wierd monitors/resolutions).

But something is obviously causing you a problem.

Quote:
Then I ran RunInUAE. After that, double-clicking TVPaint icon opens a small Workbench 3.1 screen, which then informs me it can't find cybergraphics.library.

Please do NOT use RunInUAE to start TVPaint, because that won't work. The Workbench installation provided by RunInUAE for E-UAE does not support graphics cards (which is required by TVPaint).

BTW, you can stop TVPaint running in E-UAE by dropping it onto RunInUAE's window, and then choosing No when asked whether it should be run in E-UAE.

Question
During the installation of TVPaint, if you have RunInUAE active, then you will be asked about whether something should be run in E-UAE. You should have selected No. If you chose Yes then the installation will be incomplete!

In that case you will have to run the installation again, AFTER MAKING SURE THAT you have quit RunInUAE (don't just iconise it).

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/5/27 19:30:57
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Ok, that makes sense. What happens when I doubleclick TVPaint icon without involving runinuae is ... Nothing. When I get home I'll do it with snoopdos running to see how far it actually goes.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Okey dokey... still no go. Had only tried running through RunInUAE later, after my inability to get the program going. But I just made sure RunInUAE was quit and reinstalled with your script. Same problem.

Here's the SnoopDos log of what happens...

SnoopDos logging started on Thursday, 27-May-10 at 15:29:26

Count Process Name Action Target Name Options Res.
----- ------------ ------ ----------- ------- ----
3 ENV Open ENVARC:sys/def_picture.info Read OK
4 ENV Open ENVARC:sys/def_drawer.info Read OK
5 ENV Open ENVARC:sys/def_ascii.info Read OK
6 WBL ChangeDir Work:TVPaint3.6
7 WBL Open TVPaint Read OK
8 WBL ChangeDir Env:
9 WBL Open ELF.LazyBinding Read Fail
10 WBL ChangeDir Work:TVPaint3.6
11 WBL Open TVPaint Read OK
12 WBL ChangeDir System:
13 TVPaint Open CON://///AUTO/CLOSE Read OK
14 TVPaint ChangeDir Work:TVPaint3.6
15 TVPaint Open TVPaint.info Read OK
16 TVPaint ToolType DEVICE Fail
17 TVPaint ToolType PORT Fail
18 TVPaint ToolType SUMMA Fail
19 TVPaint ToolType WACOM Fail
20 TVPaint ToolType KURTA Fail
21 TVPaint ToolType NOICONS Fail
22 TVPaint ToolType FILEDIR Fail
23 TVPaint ToolType PROJECTDIR Fail
24 TVPaint ToolType CONFIGREXX Fail
25 TVPaint ToolType REXXDIR Fail
26 TVPaint ToolType FASTSAVE Fail
27 TVPaint ToolType GLOBALDIR Fail
28 TVPaint ToolType CONFIG Fail
29 TVPaint ToolType NOGAUGE Fail
30 TVPaint ToolType NOBORDER Fail
31 TVPaint ToolType NOERASEALERT Fail
32 TVPaint ToolType UNDO Fail
33 TVPaint ToolType PageWidth Fail
34 TVPaint ToolType PageHeight Fail
35 TVPaint ToolType Screen Fail
36 TVPaint ToolType ScreenOffsetX Fail
37 TVPaint ToolType ScreenOffsetY Fail
38 TVPaint ToolType ScreenOffsetType Fail
39 TVPaint ToolType Genlock Fail
40 TVPaint ToolType Monitor Fail
41 TVPaint ToolType CustomBrush Fail
42 TVPaint ToolType Image Fail
43 TVPaint ToolType Swap Fail
44 TVPaint ToolType TVTools Fail
45 TVPaint ChangeDir System:
46 dos_appdir_server ChangeDir System:Prefs/Env-Archive/Ap
47 dos_appdir_server ChangeDir System:

Closed SnoopDos log at 15:30:03

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Problem solved!!!

There was nothing at all wrong with very first TVPaint installation, nor the latter ones made with the script by Chris. (Thanks, Chris, for the help.)

The problem was that I had not set up any screen modes for my Radeon 9250 and Samsung B2330 other than the 1920x1080 I'm using for Workbench. And for some reason TVPaint won't run on that. Once I enabled a number of modes via the ScreenModes Prefs programs, I am able to choose from a variety of modes for TVPaint to run in. And it runs fine in them.

It would be nice if I could get it into the HD 1920x1080 mode, however, so I can create native HD stills images for use in my video work, which is mostly done on my Macs but could use a little old-fashioned Amiga razzle-dazzle.

On a related note, I am able to run ImageFX on the Workbench at 1920x1080, but the largest custom screen it will run on is 1600x1200 -- same as TVPaint. Why is this? It's something I want to pursue.

Thanks, everyone for your advice.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

I have my screen for imageFX set up in prefs/screens as 1920x1200 ARGB32 and it works fine.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »