Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: A NEW AMIGA!!!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nexus

Quote:

nexus wrote:
Hm. CPU & Case is still a mystery. Even though, they promised to reveal almost everything. At least give us some more pictures

nexus

You can see the board with no clothes on...isn't that revealing everything?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JeffShepherd

Quote:

JeffShepherd wrote:
You can see the board with no clothes on...isn't that revealing everything?

Someone go pull the plug on the black box generator...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I'm more than a bit curious as to the 7.1HD audio. To be 7.1 it must have a DSP/Decoder. How will the user access this?

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@QuikSanz

Yes,will that be supported ?

And how about the gfx cards? Most likely use the pci slot to begin with???

And how about the max amount of ram???

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

brotsalami wrote:
posted it on Slashdot to see if Amiga can get more attention from other geeks.

http://slashdot.org/submission/114565 ... ming-in-2010-----for-sure

visit, so we get a first page at slashdot!

I think you should put a direct link to the final clue page that lists some spec etc as new readers might be confused on following the whole ordeal from the beginning & just want to see the goods

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts
It's really a shame AEON didn't prepare just a basic company website with some information on both the AX-1000 and AmigaOS4.1

The new machine has hit Danish newz.dk (news for nerds) 2 times the past week and if it's the same other places they must have a lot of curious people visiting.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Wow, go away for a little while and look what happens. I'm still always jittery about announcements though. Just part of being an Amigan.

Hey Helgie!

Plaz

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

hopefully that'll be coming soon along with the announcment of new software updates
..but I do like the hype they created these last 2 weeks which got more thasn the Amiga community talking ! had a few emails & calls from some old Amigans I know about it and it was nice to hear them talking about Amiga again..

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

It also hit comon.dk - i just tipped them - an the article is now online:

http://www.comon.dk/nyheder/Amigaen-er-tilbage-1.250637.html

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Yeah I remember too

I can't wait to get USB2 working...

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bitman

It also hit a BIG Norwegian online newspaper:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/01/07/ku ... iga/commodore_64/9815310/

(sorry if someone already mentioned it)

EDIT: added big

Edited by Marko on 2010/1/7 20:39:57
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Marko

Yes,and t's also one of the biggest here too.
So many should be able to read about it.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Don't know if this is appropriate, but hear goes,

????

I think that, the info being released basically, just about on the Amiga's 25th anniversary is excellent.

The way it was done was excellent. Not too short, and not too long, however, 1 or 2 more days would have been great. It is a HUMONGOUS project for the size that AMIGA companies are, to be involved, is it not?

The fact that even using the internet almost no one could figure it out.... excellent!!!

I think that Amigans generally have higher IQs than other people, and that that's what brings them in. And we couldn't figure out what was going on!

I forward extreme praise to Hyperion Entertainment (all involved) for keeping this a superduper secret for so long!!!!!!!

Was trying to think of a famous spy, and again, of questionable taste... Even ???? couldn't have exposed the secret, well done!

(If the links are not in good taste, erase them. Find maybe a better link for the second one.)

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Marko

The news was also in the paper issue today.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
It's really a shame AEON didn't prepare just a basic company website with some information on both the AX-1000 and AmigaOS4.1

As I've posted elsewhere, the puzzle pages were put out because we knew the community was expecting to hear something around now and we wanted to give you something fun. There should be a joint announcement of the project from A-Eon and Hyperion within the next
few days and we'll get a simple website up at the A-Eon address to replace the puzzle pages in time for that, but you'll have to wait until closer to release date for a formal announcement of the X1000 with all the specs, case photos, etc.

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Successful promotion is a key to the good sales, hence developers should attract all users' attention by releasing (or updating) some software along with the new hardware. That's obvious. Anyway, besides typical tools of daily usage such as graphics/text/video/music programs, that should be available on the new Amiga from it's premiere, some games would certainly be a way to attract attention. I've been thinking about the new version of Alien Breed which is in development by Team 17. I bet that X1000 with it's quite powerful specifications could run this and I hope there are people here who could contact T17 members and persuade them to release this game for Amiga. I hope that it isn't just my head in the clouds.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SIID

Hi,welcome to our family.

I'm quite sure os4 update 1 will be ready for this machine aswell. Probably timberwolf(firefox) too. Blender will come when update 1 is ready. There might even be a surprise from hyperion when the new machine is ready,who knows(i hope so atleast). But i think when this machine is ready we might see new games from hyperion. Atleast the new hw is capable of some of the new pc games to be ported. Which would be nice.
The promotion is going very well. Have seen talk about it in norwegian internet pages,newspaper. And many other countries have had it covered aswell,

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TrevorDick
Looking forward to see the new aeon site but looking forward even more to see the case design. I hope it's futuristic but with some details that makes it possible to see that it's an Amiga.

-
And I hope Hyperion will soon be prepared to give us some details about what they are working on for this machine.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TrevorDick

looking forward to new announcments mate

@ SIID

welcome aboard !

mancave-ramblings

Go to top